Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

Skerries wrote: »
    Satellite Reign is an unofficial successor to Syndicate

Better off playing the original though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

mrcheez wrote: »
    Aye, and CDkeys don't keep to their word (or honour it).

Two lessons learned.

Even for peace of mind!
    If they happen to be stolen keys (which you would never be aware of) and they get flagged as such, the key will be made invalid. But if you have it associated to your account already, you should be fine. The companies rarely punish the user by revoking access to the game that's already been associated to their account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

mrcheez wrote: »
    Aye, and CDkeys don't keep to their word (or honour it).

Two lessons learned.

To be fair CDkeys support have always been excellent for me. Accidentally bought a game before which they refunded without issue. Also pre-ordered a game which dropped in price before release, contacted them and they refunded the difference.
    mrcheez wrote:
    ...they said key had been cashed in about 3 months earlier (6 months after I bought it).

Sounds like you bought a key and 9 months later came back saying it wouldn't work... I'm not that surprised they didn't do anything. We all know these sites aren't 100% above board. It's a lot cheaper, you pay less for a small percent gamble in my opinion. I wouldn't be sitting on a key for 9 months. If you want to do something like that pay full price from MS for peace of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

While it should still be honoured... Why in the name of God would you buy a key and not so much as activate it for close to a full year!? I mean it's not as if you need to download it or anything after activating.

I had a similar issue regarding a refund on a double purchase I made and was given it immediately, while they also had great support for the first time I ordered and used an old PayPal account liked to an old email address that doesn't exist anymore. They had it resent to my regular email address within 45 minutes. Only have limited dealings with each bug I find their customer service a lot better than steams to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Billy86 wrote: »
    While it should still be honoured... Why in the name of God would you buy a key and not so much as activate it for close to a full year!? I mean it's not as if you need to download it or anything after activating.

I had a similar issue regarding a refund on a double purchase I made and was given it immediately, while they also had great support for the first time I ordered and used an old PayPal account liked to an old email address that doesn't exist anymore. They had it resent to my regular email address within 45 minutes. Only have limited dealings with each bug I find their customer service a lot better than steams to be honest.

It was an Xbox live code going cheap but i wanted to wait until there were some decent free Games with Gold before I cashed it in.

If CDkeys hadn't promised me the key wouldn't expire I would have activated it the day I bought it regardless of whether I wanted to or not.

The key did appear to be valid as someone else used it against their account according to MS, but MS would only honour keys bought directly from them. Anyway I've moved on but won't be using CDkeys again.

• Advertisement

Ah ok, with Steam you just put in the code and the game is there for whenever you want it (e.g. no need to download or do anything further at any point) - Xbox might be different though!

I just checked my humble bundle account after reading this and I have around 25 games I haven't redeemed from random bundles. lol.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ah ok, with Steam you just put in the code and the game is there for whenever you want it (e.g. no need to download or do anything further at any point) - Xbox might be different though!

Xbox is the same in that regard, the code was for an Xbox Live subscription not a game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

It's a 12 month membership where you get free games each month, but I didn't want to waste it during months where I wasn't interested in the free games, nor had time to play online.

Ah right, shows how much I know about Xbox these days that Games with Gold just flew right over my head. :p

And partyjungle, get yer sh** together!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Witcher 3 GOTY is €19.99 on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Remouad wrote: »
    Witcher 3 GOTY is €19.99 on Steam.

Couldn't say no to this, it's been on the bucket list for some time now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I'm genuinely jealous of people experiencing Witcher 3 for the first time, you lucky bastards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

Civilization 3 (PC/Steam) is free on Humble Bumble. It's a great game so i definitely recommend it. It'll also run on nearly anything so you don't need a high end gaming machine just to play it.
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/sid-meiers-civilization-iii-complete

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So you can get a Steam Link for a quid if you buy as a part of this bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Shiminay wrote: »

umm is that a bug?

EDIT let me buy it €13 shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

just bought it too, that has to be a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Couldn’t say no. Went to get one when GameStop had them a while back for €16 or so but they were sold out

Shiminay wrote: »

Even if you just sold it to CEX, you're up 12 bucks :D

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=0814585020021

Edit: Nevermind, shipping eats up any savings at €13.30 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Any way to get cheaper shipping?

• Advertisement

Julez wrote: »
    Any way to get cheaper shipping?

Live closer?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sciprio wrote: »
    Civilization 3 (PC/Steam) is free on Humble Bumble. It's a great game so i definitely recommend it. It'll also run on nearly anything so you don't need a high end gaming machine just to play it.
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/sid-meiers-civilization-iii-complete

Auto received a 50% off code for CIV6 Deluxe too.
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III
    WEEKEND DEAL! Offer ends 23 Oct 6:00pm IST

RE the steam link - Anyone tried shipping it to PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

ED E wrote: »
    Auto received a 50% off code for CIV6 Deluxe too.

RE the steam link - Anyone tried shipping it to PM?

Not with this bargain, but a few months back I did switch my Steam account over to UK to buy steam link + controller delivered to PM and it worked fine. Might not be worth the effort tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Steam Sale dates leaked.

Steam Halloween Sale: Thursday 26th October to Wednesday 1st November
    Steam Black Friday Sale: Wednesday 22nd November to Tuesday 28th
    Steam Winter Sale: Thursday 21st December to Thursday 4th January 2018

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-20-steam-halloween-black-friday-and-winter-sale-dates-leaked

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds €20.45

Apply coupon “PUBGCDKEYS7”

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Stronghold HD + A.D. 2044 are free for 48hrs on GOG.com (see banner at the top of the page).

Hello,
    Thanks for your recent purchase of the ICEY + Steam Link bundle.
    The ICEY + Steam Link bundle demand was high, resulting in delays in processing and shipping Steam Link orders. We expect all orders to be fulfilled and delivered within 3 weeks and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
    Many orders have already been processed and shipped and we hope to get to yours soon. When your order ships you will receive an email with tracking information.
    Thanks for your support and understanding.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great Day of the Devs Humble Bundle

Pay Anything:
    TumbleSeed
    Grim Fandango Remastered
    Loot Rascals

Pay more than the average of $6.31 (about €5.38) to also unlock!
    ABZU
    Flinthook
    Day of the Tentacle Remastered

Pay $9 (about €7.67) or more to also unlock!
    Full Throttle Remastered
    Everything
    Day of the Devs VIP Ticket
    $2 Humble Wallet credit for Monthly subscribers (Subscribers only)

https://www.humblebundle.com/day-of-the-devs-2017

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Steam sale Thursday?

*hides debit card*

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    :D

Got the same mail :P

Advertisement