Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wat. That's insane value.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

something fishy is going on as the site is now down for "maintenance"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Skerries wrote: »
    something fishy is going on as the site is now down for "maintenance"

aye you can't add it to your cart.

Other poster got lucky with a misprice I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Glebee wrote: »

You got lucky it is out of stock now and price is €34.19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

mrcheez wrote: »
    Why do you want the games you purchased on Steam appearing on Gog?

Sorry not fully clear what an "allowed game" is :)
    Every few months gog add a few allowed games which allows some steam games you own to be added to fog for free. Its really to have non DRM versions of games, which is good if you like retro gaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭djan

Not a huge deal but still, FIFA 18 on origin for 39.99 EUR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Fifa, for those who enjoy playing football in perpetual slow motion. :p

To each their own and I've not owned fifa or pes in overall decade (played them here or there with friends in the meantime) but I find fifa to be shockingly boring and weirdly removed from the action.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Back to COD for you so. And what footballing game would you recommend?

This FIFA is the best in years, apart from keepers who are absolute garbage.

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Every few months gog add a few allowed games which allows some steam games you own to be added to fog for free. Its really to have non DRM versions of games, which is good if you like retro gaming.

Right, and is there a risk associated with leaving your game as a DRM version?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

In the (unlikely) event of Steam going kaput, it'd be good to have a legitimate alternative to accessing your games.

You still keep the Steam version, it just unlocks the game on your GOG account too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Some games have 3rd party DRM also which phones home when you launch it to ensure its a legit copy, so the GOG version removes that meaning in 10 years time it'll still work, its just nicer to have DRM free versions for peace of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

RossieMan wrote: »
    Back to COD for you so. And what footballing game would you recommend?

This FIFA is the best in years, apart from keepers who are absolute garbage.

Only COD I ever had was Modern Warfare 2. I typically prefer PES of the two to be honest, it just feels a lot more immersive and seemed to run at a better pace for my liking. Not to be an ass about it, but I've heard 'this FIFA is the best in years' every other year for well over a decade.

I'd be a bigger NFL than football fan these days and feel quite similar about the Madden games; there just seems to be something very same-sameish/lazy feeling about EA sports titles from year to year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

DRM free games can also be run of USB which is handy, carry a small library anywhere.

Or the wife wants to play Stardew Valley? Just email the game files and we're away, no messing with Steam installations

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Some games have 3rd party DRM also which phones home when you launch it to ensure its a legit copy, so the GOG version removes that meaning in 10 years time it'll still work, its just nicer to have DRM free versions for peace of mind.

Interesting, learn something new, although I don't touch games I purchased 10-20 years ago bar retro games re-released on SNES mini etc, so will be interesting if the DRM-free aspect becomes majorly important in years to come.

Portability is good I guess, although I reckon it's a small group that carry games around on USB to play on other PCs. I just tend to login to Steam whenever I want to play my games on another computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

In the (unlikely) event of Steam going kaput, it'd be good to have a legitimate alternative to accessing your games.

You still keep the Steam version, it just unlocks the game on your GOG account too.

Steam have already acknowledged this possibility and offered their response:

4sa1Ln6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Interesting Thread.

Here's the reason why from my point of view:

X - Plane 11 is available as download from Steam. I have'nt bought it yet, because it will definitely need a higher spec gaming rig than I use at the moment.

I own X - Plane 10. While this is a great game, all the messing around with the installation DVD's is an utter pain in the hole.
    The original DVD used while playing the game wore out long ago but I made a copy which is run now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Falthyron wrote: »
    Steam have already acknowledged this possibility and offered their response:

Does this comment still exist? Or was it a moderator's assumption rather that the company's policy?
    Also worth noting that someone else could come to the helm and make unfavourable changes. It's worth having a gog/DRM backup of games rather than a "subscription" and if gog are offering additional licenses for free, then surely it's worth the few minutes to avail of them (and a worthy bargain alert!).

Anyhow, this isn't the place to discuss this so I'll say no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Steam link arrived today.

handy for .80c :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

dreamers75 wrote: »

IF you can get it to work properly....Its like trying top get a woman out of penneys.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What kind of trouble you having with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

cursai wrote: »
    IF you can get it to work properly....Its like trying top get a woman out of penneys.

Im the same, bought one cheap a while ago cant get it to run right. My internet is good but it runs laggy with a wired connection

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

dreamers75 wrote: »

same here, had a quick shot of it wirelessly, worked grand in pubg, xcom2 and wh2 :)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What kind of trouble you having with it?

ive good internet but it run pixelated and choppy (on beautiful or fast or balanced). Ive done all the client options etc and unlimited bandwidth etc etc.
    It used to be fine but since ive tried the Evil within 2 its not being good.

Tad laggy for me but will figure it out later, mine is wired.

cursai wrote: »
    ive good internet but it run pixelated and choppy (on beautiful or fast or balanced). Ive done all the client options etc and unlimited bandwidth etc etc.
    It used to be fine but since ive tried the Evil within 2 its not being good.

Is it wired or over WiFi? I have my PC wired to the router with homeplugs then the link is the only device on the 5ghz WiFi network and it works with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

HB just pushed me over the 400 mark ;)

HwBGgpB.png

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is it wired or over WiFi? I have my PC wired to the router with homeplugs then the link is the only device on the 5ghz WiFi network and it works with no issues.

Wired.... It's just contrary on certain games. Cpu heavy ones especially I hear.

Enabling NVFBC did the trick for me, works perfectly now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Bottom Tier of the new humble bundle has never grabbed me as fast. My PS1 days were mostly filled with C&C and Abe's Oddysee / Exodus so Grey Goo and New'n'Tasty hit right in the feels. Anyone play the mid-tier? any good? I have wasteland 2 in my back list...

Advertisement