Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Have most of them, decent bundle tho.

Is this the new IGN price or am I just being cynical?
    They did the Humble Freedom Bundle back in February for the same $30 price. They matched $300k to charity then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Vanquish for 9.99euro - https://store.vanquishgame.com/row#/cart
    Fantastic game, story is pretty meh( its ok, not great, but its platinum so action rocks ), but gameplay is sublime if you like action games, very well worth 10euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

sugarman wrote: »

I never knew PC gaming could be this cheap!

That's on addition to Shadow Warrior, Fallout, Syberia, Abe's Odyssey and Watch Dogs, all free recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I never knew PC gaming could be this cheap!

That's on addition to Shadow Warrior, Fallout, Syberia, Abe's Odyssey and Watch Dogs, all free recently.
    Golden age of PC gaming for the young'uns these days.

I'd say over 20 games given away free each year!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Golden age of PC gaming for the young'uns these days.

I'd say over 20 games given away free each year!

Ah sure when I was a young un we had free games all the time.

Age of the pirate...arrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

PLants vs Zombies ultimate edition free on Origin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

Brutal Legend free on HumbleBundle
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/brutal-legend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

mrcheez wrote: »
    Ah sure when I was a young un we had free games all the time.

Age of the pirate...arrr

Tdk cassette tapes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

cursai wrote: »
    Tdk cassette tapes?

AGFA FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Double Deck tape recorder. Jumpers for goalposts

• Advertisement

Tdk cassette tapes?

Pfft, riff raff

I was thinking more like Zip 100 drive

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Pfft, riff raff

You mean that amazing technology that was popular for 10 minutes before it was made obsolete by USB keys?

Remouad wrote: »
    You mean that amazing technology that was popular for 10 minutes before it was made obsolete by USB keys?

Hmm they didn't have USB slots in my uni anyway :/

It was all about the serial port tbh

Sorry for going OT but I remember the extreme dilemma I had in college. The Zip disk was £30. So it was either that or spend it on drink. I had no real need for a Zip Disk as I was doing a humanity course but loved the idea of having so much space.

TL;DR I wanted a Zip Disk, couldn't justify the cost so kept my floppy and spent the money on booze! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

Hi - is cdkey ok - want to get FDM18 and this is way cheaper than anywhere else I've seen - never used before so if i buy, i just enter the code on steam?

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/football-manager-2018-pc-steam-cd-key

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I've used it on a number of occasions and never had a single issue, you'll find a tonne of games at way lower prices there. The first time I ordered, I used a Paypal account that I had forgot was linked to a now defunct email address (and so did not get the code), emailed them about it and they had it resent to me within a half hour. One thing I have heard though is to buy the key and register is immediately, it's what I would do anyway but there have been the odd instances of people buying a key, not using it for months, and finding out CDKeys had resold it when they did go to activate it (e.g. it had already been activated).

But if you're buying and activating in the one go, from my experience you'll be absolutely fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

Never had any issue with CDkey and have used them alot.

Sorry for going OT but I remember the extreme dilemma I had in college. The Zip disk was £30. So it was either that or spend it on drink. I had no real need for a Zip Disk as I was doing a humanity course but loved the idea of having so much space.

TL;DR I wanted a Zip Disk, couldn't justify the cost so kept my floppy and spent the money on booze! :D

Ahhh when 100mbs was loads of space - The good old days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Ahhh when 100mbs was loads of space - The good old days :D

I just had a flashback to playing some game on Encarta 95. :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I completely forgot about those, I remember wanting one for my first pc

• Advertisement

Pfft, riff raff

Zip drives were for rich kids and architects. I used tapes well into the 90's.
    We had toddlers for goalposts and recorded tapes by putting 2 stereo speakers facing each other. SSSh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

recorded tapes by putting 2 stereo speakers facing each other. SSSh!!!

thumbs-up.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Slightly off topic, i still collect band demo tapes. (yes, they are still around).

Back in my day....
    When we wanted to skip to the next level you just let the tape play on...
    hardware_pic_Commcassette_02.JPG

Back in my day....
    When we wanted to skip to the next level you just let the tape play on...
    hardware_pic_Commcassette_02.JPG

What's that? The future?

Slightly off topic, i still collect band demo tapes. (yes, they are still around).

Hasn't been in a post on topic in a couple of pages. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Murder Death Kill is free on GOG for the next 22ish hours. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Greenmangaming is advertising possibly the most disappointing sale I've ever seen.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Greenmangaming is advertising possibly the most disappointing sale I've ever seen.

Too bad there isn't one page listing the entire sale at once, bit of a pain to click "View More" all the time

Advertisement