Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Company of Heroes 2 free for 2 days on Humble Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/company-of-heroes-2

Normally can't stand RTS forced perspective games, but that does look damn tasty.

I guess if I was ever going to get one it might as well be this (last one I played was Starcraft back in 2002)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I prefer COH original, but in fairness COH2 for $0.00 is a damn good offer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

sorry guys can we stick to the bargains only please and move this conversation to the off topic thread instead
    anyway I'd only embarrass the lot of you if I posted my stats ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Moved all the general chat to the General thread. Lets keep this for bargain alerts only folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Watch Dogs is free on Uplay again if you missed it the first time around:

https://freetrial.ubisoft.com/promotions/watch-dogs-1/8/

Available until 10 AM on December 23rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Layers of Fear (+ soundtrack) free from Humble Bundle for 48h: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/layers-of-fear-and-soundtrack

So many freebies, so little time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

http://store.steampowered.com/app/325600/Sword_Coast_Legends/

If you like you Baldurs gate style games I can recommend Sword Coast Legends. It got slated on release but I played it through and found it to be very decent. Fot less than 5 euro is a bargin and they are removing it from sale from the end of December it seams.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I was tempted by it and have it on my wishlist but that meta score was putting me off

Is the story any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

Maybe thats what let it down was the story, its pretty standard fantasy fair but if you like Balders gate / Icewind Dale / etc. The first time I played it I lasted about an hour but I went back and gave it a second go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Oxenfree is ... er... free on GOG for the next 2 days or so. :)

Great game - highly recommended.

https://www.gog.com/game/oxenfree

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭steve_r

Thanks for all the shares and recommendations folks, looking forward to getting stuck into these over the Christmas break!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

cdkeys.com Christmas sale is on, steam sale should start this evening

Nothing in the Steam sale so far that i'm interested in. Maybe Vanquish for €10.

Kiith wrote: »
    Nothing in the Steam sale so far that i'm interested in. Maybe Vanquish for €10.
    Do it :), fantastic game once you get used to the sliding

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Anyone played Elite Dangerous ? you can get the 'Commander Deluxe Edition' for 19.99 on Steam.

Was burned on NMS so is this better / worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

god's toy wrote: »
    Anyone played Elite Dangerous ? you can get the 'Commander Deluxe Edition' for 19.99 on Steam.

I have just under a 1000 hours. :o

Big thread about it here.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057211522

its worth buying if you like space, space is hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Bit of a learning curve but a good game all the same.

May have played a few hours here or there (almost 1400 according to steam :eek:)

You may find this useful also.

May have played a few hours here or there (almost 1400 according to steam :eek:)

After huffing and hawing I decided to get it simply because it's the price of a beer and I'm sure to get as much (more?) than I would from a pint :D

I guarantee I will get no more than 5 hours max out of it as I've little time, but I'll enjoy floating around space for a while in VR, plus I want to see what all the fuss is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Glebee wrote: »
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/325600/Sword_Coast_Legends/

If you like you Baldurs gate style games I can recommend Sword Coast Legends. It got slated on release but I played it through and found it to be very decent. Fot less than 5 euro is a bargin and they are removing it from sale from the end of December it seams.

aw i loved bg2. gonna grab this. cheers!

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    After huffing and hawing I decided to get it simply because it's the price of a beer and I'm sure to get as much (more?) than I would from a pint :D

I guarantee I will get no more than 5 hours max out of it as I've little time, but I'll enjoy floating around space for a while in VR, plus I want to see what all the fuss is about.
    Its really cool in VR, I got a saitek x52 just for it( was using a cheapo 30euro stick beforehand ), the x52 is modeled in the cockpit so its kinda uncanny when using it.
    Its more difficult in VR to use the map but I would never play it in 2d after first trying it in VR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Its really cool in VR, I got a saitek x52 just for it( was using a cheapo 30euro stick beforehand ), the x52 is modeled in the cockpit so its kinda uncanny when using it.
    Its more difficult in VR to use the map but I would never play it in 2d after first trying it in VR

Its a bloody fantastic experience. i spent hours on it. i got nowhere, had awful trouble trying to dock. LOVED IT.

Got that and New Retro Arcade Neon which is 40% off at the mo... all about the immersion now :)

mrcheez wrote: »
    Got that and New Retro Arcade Neon which is 40% off at the mo... all about the immersion now :)
    Very good choice, it prompted me to get an arcade stick, its brilliant. I lined up all the arcade games as per the old arcade I used to frequent.

I must buy it, I'm still using the demo, but that has pretty much everything I want, although would love to try operation wolf with touch controllers

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Picked up 7 days to die, bloody hell, feckin Awesome survival game,for early access....

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I have just under a 1000 hours. :o

Big thread about it here.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057211522

its worth buying if you like space, space is hard.

Don't mean to be off topic but...

Thanks for the recommendation, download and thread link lads. I got/downloaded it last night.
    Just doing some basic training to get use to it.... Funny even just landing at a docking station is a challenge when it's your first time :) So much to get use to off the bat. Will be looking into that thread for sure as I'm sure it has all the answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Picked up 7 days to die, bloody hell, feckin Awesome survival game,for early access....

A really good game well worth the price. My only major gripe with it is the distance between towns and cities in the multiplayer. Can be a walking simulator at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Don't mean to be off topic but...

Thanks for the recommendation, download and thread link lads. I got/downloaded it last night.
    Just doing some basic training to get use to it.... Funny even just landing at a docking station is a challenge when it's your first time :) So much to get use to off the bat. Will be looking into that thread for sure as I'm sure it has all the answers.

Space is hard......I would suggest joining this private PVE group.

https://elitepve.com/page/join

If you play in Open you may come across some asshole gankers especially in the starter systems, they basically kill new players kinda like seal clubbing.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Space is hard......I would suggest joining this private PVE group.

https://elitepve.com/page/join

If you play in Open you may come across some asshole gankers especially in the starter systems, they basically kill new players kinda like seal clubbing.

Yep, thanks! Right now I'm just doing the training missions over and over, want to know my way around the ship and space before joining the madness of open world play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Kerbal Space Program is down to €14 for the next 5 days on Direct2Drive. Or €14.37 if you pay via Paypal.

They don't have a great reputation, but it's a Steam key and I got it immediately.

Advertisement