Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Layers of Fear free for a limited time on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Player Unknown: Battlegrounds €19.99

I have received a code for what I think is an additional 43% off so if you want it PM me

but it can be got for as low as €13.99 on 'other' sites

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Skerries wrote: »
    Player Unknown: Battlegrounds €19.99

I have received a code for what I think is an additional 43% off so if you want it PM me

but it can be got for as low as €13.99 on 'other' sites

I have two voucher codes :

Green Man Gaming 50% off:
    0ALN8G-S5GTYE-CDWXIZ

Fanatical 43% off (Valid till Thursday):
    v3ReEM423yKtPryY18h

I already have the game, so have at these for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Julez wrote: »
    Layers of Fear free for a limited time on Steam.

Sh1t, must have missed it...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Steam sale starts tomorrow.

habpffalwief3wohtfky.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I wouldn't be overly bothered, but I've a 10% discount voucher for GameStop... Going to see if I can use it for Steam credit - would make the sale prices even more appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Glebee

I have 19euro in my steam account since Christmas.......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Glebee wrote: »
    I have 19euro in my steam account since Christmas.......:D
    I have €20:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I think someone needs to have a word with Steam about scheduling their sales BEFORE payday.

I'm going to guess it'll be another no sale steam sale for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I think someone needs to have a word with Steam about scheduling their sales BEFORE payday.

I'm going to guess it'll be another no sale steam sale for me.
    To be fair if it's like last year (and the few years before if I'm correct?) it's more a case of a game that goes on sale day 1, stays on sale through day 14. So if something you want is 90% off today, it should still be that in a few days time.

If not I'll be a bit annoyed too though, moving to Canada permanently at the end of the year and I put almost every penny of my spare money in my (card canceled) Canadian account as enforced savings every Friday morning, meaning my currently available funds are... *checks wallet* ...40 cents, with I think about €1.50 in the bank account. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Expansions free for Battlefield on Origin. Second Assault (BF4) & Turning Tides (BF1)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Fallout 76 pre-order for €34.19 on CDkeys

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/fallout-76-pc-cd-key

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

What's the legality regarding CDkeys and G2A? Aren't many of these keys stolen?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Pugzilla wrote: »

It's like ebay. The sites are legal. Most of the keys on there are fine but there probably are stolen keys on there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Bayonetta/Vanquish pack for €11.99 on Fanatical.

Cdkeys I would trust over g2a.. G2a is like ebay Cdkeys is its own store (no user sold items) .. Not sure where they obtain the keys, but I haven't had an issue with Cdkeys yet.. G2a I would avoid like the plague especially if your getting stuff for consoles.. Pc you probably won't be hit too hard (most likely just lose the game).

Consoles on the other hand especially xbox crack down on g2a purchases/keys by banning the whole account.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

gazzamc wrote: »
    Cdkeys I would trust over g2a.. G2a is like ebay Cdkeys is its own store (no user sold items) .. Not sure where they obtain the keys, but I haven't had an issue with Cdkeys yet.. G2a I would avoid like the plague especially if your getting stuff for consoles.. Pc you probably won't be hit too hard (most likely just lose the game).

Consoles on the other hand especially xbox crack down on g2a purchases/keys by banning the whole account.

I have used both many times in the past, now I have only used them for PC games, but I have not had any issues with G2A.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

gazzamc wrote: »

I bought a key off CDkeys that was resold later when I tried to use it, so buyer-beware

CDkeys weren't interested when I complained.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

I prefer Fanatical as it's legit seller based in the UK, previously known as Bundlestars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I prefer Fanatical as it's legit seller based in the UK, previously known as Bundlestars.
    Much like saying you prefer Harvey Norman over Trotter independent traders :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

mrcheez wrote: »
    I bought a key off CDkeys that was resold later when I tried to use it, so buyer-beware

In all honesty you left it for ages before claiming it and it was a MS Live card if I remember? Either way I've bought about 80 games on cdkeys( claimed when I received the key ) over several years and never had an issue, point is its unsafe to leave keys lying around as email can be hacked etc.

lmimmfn wrote: »
    In all honesty you left it for ages before claiming it and it was a MS Live card if I remember? Either way I've bought about 80 games on cdkeys( claimed when I received the key ) over several years and never had an issue, point is its unsafe to leave keys lying around as email can be hacked etc.

No I mean the code wasn't stolen from my account, it was resold from whoever sold it to CDKeys.

Just saying buyer beware is all, it's not a 100% risk free venture with guarantees etc that you get buying direct from Steam et al.

No I mean the code wasn't stolen from my account, it was resold from whoever sold it to CDKeys.

Just saying buyer beware is all, it's not a 100% risk free venture with guarantees etc that you get buying direct from Steam et al.
    Yes but you left it for ages to claim it, just saying if I buy a digital product I use it when I get the key, I don't leave it idle for ages as its sitting in your email which is unsafe.
    Your bad experience isint normal and attributed to not claiming the key when you receive it, that's should be your advice, not that cdkeys isint trustworthy.

Yes but you left it for ages to claim it, just saying if I buy a digital product I use it when I get the key, I don't leave it idle for ages as its sitting in your email which is unsafe.

You still keep assuming that it was stolen from my email. As I said I have proof it was resold as that's what MS told me when I enquired.

Regardless of the time I waited to use the key it shows there is a risk involved in buying from a reseller, and there is a chance the key you buy may have been previously sold to someone else.

You still keep assuming that it was stolen from my email. As I said I have proof it was resold as that's what MS told me when I enquired.

Regardless of the time I waited to use the key it shows there is a risk involved in buying from a reseller, and there is a chance the key you buy may have been previously sold to someone else.
    No, i was trying to avoid being blunt, its stupid to buy a key from a cheapo site and leave it for several weeks before claiming it( and expect the same level of service/support as you would from steam etc. ).
    Lesson=claim key when you get it when using cheapo sites regardless of the site.
    Otherwise use steam and pay the premium.

No, i was trying to avoid being blunt, its stupid to buy a key from a cheapo site and leave it for several weeks before claiming it( and expect the same level of service/support as you would from steam etc. ).
    Lesson=claim key when you get it when using cheapo sites regardless of the site.
    Otherwise use steam and pay the premium.

Well the funny thing is, I made a point of asking them if it ever expired and could I use it later, to which they said yes it never expires and I could use it later at any stage.

So not quite as stupid as you suggest as I had guessed there might be issues, but perhaps naive in assuming they would keep their promise as I had heard great things about their customer service, and even when I showed them the conversation I had had with their own staff member they declined to assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Wait,

PC Games Bargain Alerts ?

god's toy wrote: »
    Wait,

PC Games Bargain Alerts ?

ya sorry... just making sure y'all don't get screwed over in your pursuit of bargains :pac:

Well the funny thing is, I made a point of asking them if it ever expired and could I use it later, to which they said yes it never expires and I could use it later at any stage.
    If you did this ask for their IE vat registration number( they must have one to accept orders from ireland with EU regulations on VAT etc. ), with that tell them you're taking them to the small claims court in ireland.

Anyway not bargain alerts, sorry everyone, i just want to make sure that folk dont dismiss cdkeys because frankly they are the cheapest currently.

• Advertisement

Of course i'm only going off my own experience, these are grey market sellers so caution should be taken. I never would pay more than 25eur for a game on these sites, as that's all i'm willing to lose.

Just to add to what lmimmfn said above, activate as soon as possible when getting these keys.

Advertisement