Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johnny Cage

Have 2 insurgency keys won't let me post them since i don't have enough posts so pm if ya want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Wossack

might need to get interested parties to pm you an email address (or the like), as you mightnt be able to reply to them via pm (?)

very good of you though! I'd take one, but Ive a tonne of stuff to get through lol

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johnny Cage

Sent pm's to Maximus and yourself so should be able to redeem them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Thanks for that, very kind of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Wossack

Ah superstar Mr Cage - I said I'd pass, but sure its in my inbox now (willpower be damned lol)

many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Anybody have an insurgency key left?

05A2FF969.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Waiting all day to see what the next daily deal would be on Steam..... Empire Total War for €9.99 (50% off)..... I already have it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Anybody have an insurgency key left?

05A2FF969.gif

Yep, PM me your email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Where are all the insurgency keys coming from??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Where are all the insurgency keys coming from??

Was part of a humble bundle a month or so ago, each person who bought the bundle got 3 keys to share.

The keys expire tonight though so if anyone has any left make sure they share them!

Speaking of humble bundle, the humble store is having a sale:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store?gallery&utm_source=Humble+Bundle+Newsletter&utm_campaign=416829907f-Humble_Store_Winter_Sale&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_990b1b6399-416829907f-92595653

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Trine €1.59 on gog. Great, beautiful game if anyone still hasn't played it.
    http://www.gog.com/game/trine_2_complete_story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

I'll take an insurgency key if anyone has one spare :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

chrismon wrote: »
    I'll take an insurgency key if anyone has one spare :-)

I think any unclaimed ones would have expired at 7PM today. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

spotted on hduk, the new tomb taider, temple of Osiris plus season pass for 9.99, probably a misprice.

on gamersgate, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You're a legend... :)

€9.99 and I've just redeemed the code on Steam. I'm on my Mac in work (no Mac version so it doesn't show in my library), so I'll verify when I get home to my PC tonight.

Mr E wrote:
    You're a legend... 

Mr E wrote:
    €9.99 and I've just redeemed the code on Steam. I'm on my Mac in work (no Mac version so it doesn't show in my library), so I'll verify when I get home to my PC tonight.

glad someone got it. never finished the first one so passed on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Mr E wrote: »
    You're a legend... :)

If you hover over "LIBRARY" to get the dropdown, you can switch to your entire library view instead of Mac compatible ones ;)

Downloading now. Not sure if I have the season pass (it's not obvious), but I have the "Gear Up" DLC showing as available (listed for €9.99 normally) so I guess that's a good sign. :)

• Advertisement

Not listed on GamersGate any more. Looks like it was a pricing mistake.

Gamersgate issued a refund at 7:40 and it's gone from my game library there.

Buuuuuut I've just been playing the game for the last half an hour. :)

Not sure if Steam will disable it at some stage, so my fingers are crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

If Gamersgate don't have your Steam ID you might be home free.

They don't - I just grabbed the key and redeemed it manually in Steam. It is the full season pass too (worth about €30 in total).

Mr E wrote: »
    They don't - I just grabbed the key and redeemed it manually in Steam. It is the full season pass too (worth about €30 in total).

RESULT! Kinda regretting not grabbing it now....

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

If Gamersgate don't have your Steam ID you might be home free.

They can request Square Enix mark the keys as invalid and have it pulled from your Steam account.

I got refunded as well, hopefully I get to keep the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

How can they take it back off you? Is it not consumer law that they have to sell it at the displayed price? Wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

J Mysterio wrote: »
    How can they take it back off you? Is it not consumer law that they have to sell it at the displayed price? Wtf?

A) They aren't in Ireland, B) What are you gonna do, sue them over a game?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Is it not consumer law that they have to sell it at the displayed price? Wtf?

That is not and never has been consumer law. A price on an item is an invitation to treat at that price, not agreement to enter into a contract to sell it at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Shiminay wrote: »
    That is not and never has been consumer law. A price on an item is an invitation to treat at that price, not agreement to enter into a contract to sell it at that price.

After the sale has been completed the company cannot change their mind. But as I said try getting them to court.

EDIT: Once money has been exchanged a contract is formed and that is definitely Irish Law. In this case money was exchanged. The company then refunded the money and tried to claim the goods back without the buyers permission.

Advertisement