Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I was looking forward to a bit of GTA5 for the first time in years this evening, guess I'll have to wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Cool.
    What's premium edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

I got in for a second, then it crashed again! Really looking forward to this, selling Red Dead and GTA V with my Xbox was something I regretted

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I've never played it so this'll be a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Only bought it last month! To anyone who hasn't played, as you'd expect it's great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,182 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Sacré bleu! My EGS launcher has turned French. If I try to get to the website it gives me a 403 Forbidden error.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

GTA V is 94 gb download bloody hell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Glebee

Well worth every mb, brilliant game. Up there with Witcher 3 in my books. I bought it originally from Rockstar but its gone from my account for some reason along with anything else I bought from Rockstar directly. Always wanted to give it another go but was not going to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's a great game. I'm currently replaying it again for the I don't know how many times and still seems fresh and looks amazing at 4k for a game that came out many years ago on the Xbox 360. It ran good at times on the 360 but there were some moments where the game would run at slow motion for a few seconds and then correct itself. Any of you PC gamers ever play it on the 360 and remember that happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

If anyone's still having issues with the Epic site try switching browsers. I was having no joy with Chrome, but Firefox worked (slowly)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Skerries wrote: »

Or just wait until tomorrow or the day after when the load on the site is a lot lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭Homelander

You think that's bad, check out Modern Warfare. A 200GB download.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Skerries wrote: »

Cheers. That sorted it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

The load must have died down as when I woke up this morning I saw it available and I was able to claim it and start downloading normally via the Epic launcher.

looks there will be more good games coming

085t1srw8uy41.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Glebee

Between Epic and xbox ultimate I may never have to buy a game again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,260 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

So, hang on. Are this Epic Games crowd just giving away GTA V? Completely free? Or is it free to play for a limited period? What's the catch?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Tony EH wrote: »
    So, hang on. Are this Epic Games crowd just giving away GTA V? Completely free? Or is it free to play for a limited period? What's the catch?

Its free no catch other than you have to use Epic Store

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its free no catch other than you have to use Epic Store

I don't have to buy anything first?

Sorry, I'm probably just looking a gift horse in the mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

I don't have to buy anything first?

Sorry, I'm probably just looking a gift horse in the mouth.

No preconditions except having an Epic account. They've been giving out free games weekly for more than a year now.

(Checking my epic account, I have purchased just one game - Outer Wilds - but have 90 games in my library)

here is a list of the 113 games they have given free to date, some good ones in there

https://www.pcgamer.com/epic-games-store-free-games-list/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,896 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Wow. PC Gamer somehow got their hands on an exact list of all the games I own on Epic. :mad:

On topic, some of the best PC gaming deals of the week, according to RPS anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I downloaded GTA, now I can't play it cos I can't login to the stupid Social Club thing as I can't remember my login from when I had GTA5 on my PS4, and the stupid password reset email hasn't come after nearly 3 hours and 3 tries!
    Imagine how p1ssed I'd be had I actually spent money on it!

jaxxx wrote: »
    I downloaded GTA, now I can't play it cos I can't login to the stupid Social Club thing as I can't remember my login from when I had GTA5 on my PS4, and the stupid password reset email hasn't come after nearly 3 hours and 3 tries!
    Imagine how p1ssed I'd be had I actually spent money on it!

Ah yeh. I forgot about that dumb nonsense re: Rockstar and its games on PC.

Crap...I just got Red Dead Redemption 2 on Steam as well. :(

I remember the hassle over ten years ago trying to get 'GTA IV' to run on my rig. It was a nightmare of signups and nonsense and then the bloody thing ran like crap, because the port over was a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

You pay with your soul! :D

Chinese backed enterprise trying to grab market share.

Great for people who have no games to play. I have too many as is. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Taylor365 wrote: »
    You pay with your soul! :D

Chinese backed enterprise trying to grab market share.

Great for people who have no games to play. I have too many as is. :pac:

Yada yada yawn. Contribution of the decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Looks like the Epic launcher is still under heavy load, people are complaining about downloads resetting. Sadly I know this as it happened to me. I paused the download and when I went back to resume it later it restarted from scratch.

Was at 70G too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭KilOit

Epic games finally winning over the people are they? gotta admit GTA5 premium for free is pretty generous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

KilOit wrote: »
    Epic games finally winning over the people are they? gotta admit GTA5 premium for free is pretty generous

They have lost the run of themselves. It's all this sitting at home. Shewd executives used to an office enviroment have become ordinary joes.

Advertisement