Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,182 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

MOH wrote: »
    Rocket League now free to play on Epic

(Not sure if this applies elsewhere, was still showing as 20 quid on Steam last time I checked.)
    It has been unlisted from Steam as it's exclusive to Epic now (you can still play on Steam if you already owned it there).

Free to play on Xbox, PlayStation, and Switch now too. I think an Epic account is required for the console versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,896 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The Amazons DLC for Troy Total War is going free. Claim the code on the official TW site and redeem on Epic.

Pikuniku free on Epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

The Talos Principle: Gold Edition is EUR5.49 on GOG

Includes the Road to Gehenna DLC and some additional prototype content from early design.
    Lots of other digital stuff like soundtrack, a "making of" video, box art, wallpapers, booklet of terminal text.

Also, bizarrely, includes option to replace the voice of Elohim replaced with that of Serious Sam (and new dialogue), and a Serious Sam player model, both of which might detract slightly from the mood of the game but might be amusing enough to warrant another playthrough.

Also on GOG, Witcher 3 down to EUR8.99, or 15 for the GOTY edition.

Abzu and Rising Storm 2: Vietnam free on Epic.

• Advertisement

Outer Wilds is 12.59 on Steam, think that's the lowest it's been

(That's the brilliant mystery solar system exploration one, not Fallout in Space)

Although actually you can probably get it for 10.99 on Epic if you get Rocket League and they're still giving the ten euro voucher, and then use that off the 20.99 price.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,255 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just noticed yesterday if you add the now free to play rocket league to your library on epic you get a €10 voucher. Maybe this was mentioned before but I wasn't aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just noticed yesterday if you add the now free to play rocket league to your library on epic you get a €10 voucher. Maybe this was mentioned before but I wasn't aware of it.

Just did that and got a €10 voucher. Sweet.
    Thanks Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Dacelonid wrote: »
    Just did that and got a €10 voucher. Sweet.
    Thanks Mick

Do yourself a favour and use that tenner towards Hades, phenomenal game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Do yourself a favour and use that tenner towards Hades, phenomenal game.

or Rimworld

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Classic Sonic 2 is free on Steam this week

It will install the Sega Megadrive and Genesis Classics title on your PC so expect a big download for a 25 year old game!! The rest of the Megadrive collection is 90% off

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

The rest of the Megadrive collection is 90% off

Good to mention this is VR compatible too, so that you play in a re-imagined 90s bedroom

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Amnesia and Kingdom New Lands free on Epic.

Disco Elysium 27.99 on Steam

Return of the Obra Dinn USD 10 on GOG (about EUR8.44), or EUR8.39 on Steam

tut tut Ramona Fancy Sailor... you're late today :D

Costume Quest and Layers of Fear 2

mrcheez wrote: »
    tut tut Ramona Fancy Sailor... you're late today :D

Costume Quest and Layers of Fear 2

You tease!

I can't express my disappointment that this week's free Epic game is not, in fact, the long awaited sequel to "Costume Quest and the Layers of Fear"

You tease!

I can't express my disappointment that this week's free Epic game is not, in fact, the long awaited sequel to "Costume Quest and the Layers of Fear"

to be honest we already get these posts on Gaming freebies so I was just teasing Ramona Fancy Sailor for the duplicates :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,332 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Very handy for the lockdowm but still have to wait a few weeks. Good price

https://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2021-steam-key.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Very handy for the lockdowm but still have to wait a few weeks. Good price

https://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2021-steam-key.html

Will it be on Xbox Game Pass? FM2020 is still on Game Pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I did this, and tried to use it for Cyberpunk but no sign of the voucher. Annoying :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,255 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I did this, and tried to use it for Cyberpunk but no sign of the voucher. Annoying :(

It doesn't work on pre orders as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

It doesn't work on pre orders as far as I know.

Ah ok, might try again when the game is out in that case.

Ah ok, might try again when the game is out in that case.

I'd say check the expiry to be sure , if you add an eligible game to your basket you should see it. I know my one was going to expire on the 1st of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

ElNino wrote: »
    Will it be on Xbox Game Pass? FM2020 is still on Game Pass.

FM 2020 wasn't on Game Pass until the season was nearly over, actually it might have been around lock down going from memory. No chance SI will put this on Game Pass until at least the new year.

mrcheez wrote: »
    to be honest we already get these posts on Gaming freebies so I was just teasing Ramona Fancy Sailor for the duplicates :pac:

I never knew there was a freebie thread! lol I'll stop the duplicate posting in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I never knew there was a freebie thread! lol I'll stop the duplicate posting in this thread.

Please don't! It's handy

Please don't! It's handy

Why not sub to the freebie thread?

The only things posted in freebies are bargain alerts too, maybe we only need one thread :D

Not to mention, by not subscribing to the freebie thread you've missed out on all the free Sega games recently too

Halloween sale on Epic. Fair few deals, including:

Dead Cells 14.99
    Hades 16.79
    Subnautica 14.69
    Journey to the Savage Planet 17.99
    Surviving Mars 10.19

Extra tenner off if you have the voucher from Rocket League, though that only works for prices of 14.99 or higher (thanks mrcheez for clarifying)

• Advertisement

Halloween sale on Epic. Fair few deals, including:

Dead Cells 14.99
    Hades 16.79
    Subnautica 14.69
    Journey to the Savage Planet 17.99
    Surviving Mars 10.19

Extra tenner off if you have the voucher from Rocket League (not sure if that's still available, or if it applies to all of the above. Just worked for Dead Cells anyway so there isn't the 15.00 limit previous similar vouchers had)

Hmmm I tried to buy Falcon Age for €11.99 but the €10 discount didn't kick in, so I'd say Dead Cells worked because it rounds to €15

EDIT: actually it says at the top

"Don't forget: Epic Coupons can still be used toward games and add-ons $14.99 or above"

Advertisement