Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

mrcheez wrote: »
    Hmmm I tried to buy Falcon Age for €11.99 but the €10 discount didn't kick in, so I'd say Dead Cells worked because it rounds to €15

EDIT: actually it says at the top

"Don't forget: Epic Coupons can still be used toward games and add-ons $14.99 or above"

Ah, thanks. I know with the ones last Christmas it had to be 15 and they had a load of stuff I wanted for 14.99, which was annoying. Then again, 14.99 was pretty cheap anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Ash_

Red Dead Redemption 2 reduced to €40.19 (33%) from €59.99 in Epic store as part of their Halloween sale.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/red-dead-redemption-2/home

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I am on Argentine VPN and its 12 euro there xD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I am on Argentine VPN and its 12 euro there xD

Doesn't work without issues once you've switched VPN off? Interested at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Doge

Friendly reminder that you may have an unused 10 euro off voucher on the epic games store that expires tomorrow at 8am.

Star wars squadrons is down to €30 atm and with the voucher I bagged it for €20.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

RossieMan wrote: »
    Doesn't work without issues once you've switched VPN off? Interested at that price

0 issues. Free games you dont need VPN either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

0 issues. Free games you dont need VPN either

Is there an Argentina link. I use proton Vpn and it keeps linking back to euro prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

cursai wrote: »
    Is there an Argentina link. I use proton Vpn and it keeps linking back to euro prices.

Maybe it's your account region settings which is why you see the prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Maybe it's your account region settings which is why you see the prices?

Got it. Such a difference in prices

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

Elite Dangerous is going to be free on the Epic store from the the 19th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

KingCong wrote: »
    Elite Dangerous is going to be free on the Epic store from the the 19th
    Always good to have a 2nd sub as you can be lost days out in space sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

god's toy wrote: »

what good would that do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

what good would that do?
    You can add many subs to the same account so you could take part in things the 6 month + deep space round trip jumps they do and still be in the bubble for live events.

You can add many subs to the same account so you could take part in things the 6 month + deep space round trip jumps they do and still be in the bubble for live events.

So you can have two different commanders in the same save/account?

So you can have two different commanders in the same save/account?

I'm curious about this. I bought it on Steam a few years ago, played for a bit and got fed up.

When I came back I'd totally forgotten how to play. Wanted to set up a second character to familiarise myself with the controls again so I didn't mess anything up on my main, but of course you can't and there's no tutorial.

So wondering if I get the Epic version can I start again from scratch with a new commander, or is there a central account requirement (can't remember) which means I'd still be limited to the one.

Obligatory bargain: Anno 1800 is €17.42 on Green Man Gaming. (sorry, can't currently post direct link)
    Requires Ubisoft connect to activate
    There's a FALL2020 voucher which gives 16% off all games until Friday, but assume it won't stack on already discounted games.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ED needs a Frontier account (steam/Epic just launch that) the FD launcher has the ability to manage to 2 licences / Saves.

Yes each "save" is a licence but thats the nature of the game, some people launch themselves into the deep on expeditions that take months (seriously months) and keep another licence/Save in the bubble for events and alien related stuff.

I only have 1 save, if i want to return to the bubble i fly myself into the nearest sun in a cheap Suicidewinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

That sounds more like a job than a game.
    Is it worth it?
    Yes seeing as the game is free, but from what you posted you are out on a month+ mission and suicide into a sun to re-spawn at home. I take it this fails your month long mission but are the events are usually worth it?

D wrote: »
    That sounds more like a job than a game.
    Is it worth it?
    Yes seeing as the game is free, but from what you posted you are out on a month+ mission and suicide into a sun to re-spawn at home. I take it this fails your month long mission but are the events are usually worth it?

I sold it wrong.

ED has 3 "jobs"

Bounty Hunter/Pirate which obviously pure combat.
    Trader well thats obvious
    Explorer <<< this is the months part.

In ED the players have discovered less than one 1% of the known stars of the 400 billion that are in the game. So people explore and just off in one direction and thats the game to them. I got bored doing that so suicidewindered to get back to combat.

there are other parts to the game but the 3 jobs mainly focus on that part, impossible for me to make one post about whats in ED but I have over 1200 hours in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Don't forget Miner as a job,mining is all the rage atm.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    ED needs a Frontier account (steam/Epic just launch that) the FD launcher has the ability to manage to 2 licences / Saves.

Yes each "save" is a licence but thats the nature of the game, some people launch themselves into the deep on expeditions that take months (seriously months) and keep another licence/Save in the bubble for events and alien related stuff.

I only have 1 save, if i want to return to the bubble i fly myself into the nearest sun in a cheap Suicidewinder.

I'm fairly sure last time I checked I only had the option of one commander, but maybe it changed since or I missed something obvious.

Presumably though the safest thing to do would be get the Epic version and register a new Frontier account against that, and that way I have at least two commanders. And possibly 4 if I can have 2 saves on each, though I really just want a throwaway to get the hang of the game again.

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    Don't forget Miner as a job,mining is all the rage atm.

No!

Is this working for anyone? Installed the game, set up a new Frontier account, linked it to my Epic account.

Log in through the launcher, get a verification code to my email address, enter that.
    Left back at the login screen with a red saying "Please purchase/redeem Elite Dangerous to continue"

Tried logging in on the Frontier store page to see if the game is registered against the account, but it seems to keep timing out.
    Or possibly has an issue with my (6 character) password being too short, despite the fact that it let me register with that password, and accepts it in the launcher.

(Getting a vague memory that I had a fair few issues with Frontier the first time round and that's why I stopped playing.)

edit: Just noticed a banner at the top of one of their support pages saying there's a problem launching though Epic

Not surprising considering I've confirm that their website allows you to register with a 6-character password, and will accept this through the launcher.
    But the Frontier store page won't submit the form unless you enter at least 8 character. If they can't get that much right it's hardly surprising that when I eventually get in they've no record of any linked third party accounts or existing products

• Registered Users Posts: 7,894 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The Steam autumn sale is now live.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah picked up Gears 5 for a tenner yestreday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭Treppen

Seeing as ye're all looking for a bargain... I got 3 months Microsoft PC Gamepass code for first person who quotes this post.

I got it free for subscribing to Discord Nitro (by accident!!).
    For PC only so it wont work with xbox console (I think!)

Treppen wrote: »
    Seeing as ye're all looking for a bargain... I got 3 months Microsoft PC Gamepass code for first person who quotes this post.

I got it free for subscribing to Discord Nitro (by accident!!).
    For PC only so it wont work with xbox console (I think!)

ill have it plz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I'm too slow lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭Treppen

ill have it plz

PM on the way, hope it works!

• Advertisement

Treppen wrote: »
    PM on the way, hope it works!

thaks a lot

Advertisement