Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I got F.E.A.R.2: Project Origin when I bought COD:AW

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Wossack

yea I got sang-froid tales of werewolves, when I got a couple of dcs modules the other week - nice lil surprise

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Spotted in Bargain Alerts: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057345383 A Sapphire R9 280 card for about €170 from Amazon - nice bargain if anyone's looking for a solid card that won't break the bank.

you can check out it stacks against other cards here

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

NIce, I paid that for my R9 270 and it runs everything just fine.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Engineers is 9.49 on steam

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

COD:AW is 14.99 on G2play for the next 4 hours.

36 hours downloading it :eek: It's fun though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

36 hours downloading it :eek: It's fun though

You using carrier pigeons or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Glebee

Welcome to most parts of rural Ireland 2014. I remember it took me two days to download watch dogs..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Vodafones finest ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It was really slow for me too (by my own connection's standards) - took nearly 4 hours to download and it's only 37 odd gigs. I promise you lads stuck on dialup (or at least it's "always on" equivalent) I'm not trying to troll - it seemed to me that with the free multiplayer weekend, they were under pressure. I'd normally take a file that big down in a half hour - something definitely fcky about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭Nollog

An anti-bargain alert
    http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/17/steam-region-locking/

Be very wary of trying to get cheap steam keys from now on, they're all going to be region locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Blah. That's a kick in the wallet and no mistake.

Edit: Although this isn't just keys, but Steam gifts bought in cheap foreign stores too. Buggeration.

The Banner Saga is a paltry €2.80 on Nuuvem at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Oak76 wrote: »

I really enjoyed that.

The Banner Saga and Expeditions: Conquistadors where my favourite games of tge last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

/\/ollog wrote: »
    An anti-bargain alert
    http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/17/steam-region-locking/

Be very wary of trying to get cheap steam keys from now on, they're all going to be region locked.

Just visited Nuuvem and they haven't put up notices of region locks on the game pages, almost bought something out of habit before I remembered reading this.

Just visited Nuuvem and they haven't put up notices of region locks on the game pages, almost bought something out of habit before I remembered reading this.

This news pertains to the actual Steam storefronts from the different regions, and not the key resellers (yet). I bought The Banner Saga off Nuuvem last night without a single hitch. It's lovely, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

looking for some other suggestions for kids games like the lego games , we have batman 2 & 3 and movie and hobbit and marvel super heros.

Only really what to hear about games were a controller will be used

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

borderlands prequel €12.30 on nuuvem. its says mac but is steam activated so will work on windows too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Glebee

Been on the look out for this for a while, Is there a nack to ordering off Nuuvem, my Portuguese is not great.lol

• Advertisement

Glebee wrote: »
    Been on the look out for this for a while, Is there a nack to ordering off Nuuvem, my Portuguese is not great.lol

I use Chrome which translates webpages for ya. Language aside, it's a fairly straightforward site to use.

Speaking of Nuuvem, they have Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition going for €6.15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

This news pertains to the actual Steam storefronts from the different regions, and not the key resellers (yet). I bought The Banner Saga off Nuuvem last night without a single hitch. It's lovely, by the way.

Hmm, seems to be the general response on the net as well that they've not started locking keys to particular regions yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

levitronix wrote: »
    looking for some other suggestions for kids games like the lego games , we have batman 2 & 3 and movie and hobbit and marvel super heros.

Only really what to hear about games were a controller will be used

My niece liked the bit.trip runner games, trine (there's 1 & 2 with local coop) and giana sisters, there's probably a few more I missed but those are the ones I remember the most.

I'll hold out for Call of DudeBro: 2spooky4u Edition

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Evil Within about €12.50 on Nuuvem. I don't know if it is region locked or not.

Nuuvem are pretty good at warning you if a game is region locked or not. Check out the page for Saints Row IV, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,067 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Evil Within is £11.89 from Direct2Drive (formerly gamefly.co.uk)
    https://www.direct2drive.com/#!/download-the-evil-within-uk/5009000

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Evil Within is £11.89 from Direct2Drive (formerly gamefly.co.uk)
    https://www.direct2drive.com/#!/download-the-evil-within-uk/5009000

Can't purchase that from them in Ireland. You have to be in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Still boycotting gamefly as they stole Swat4 on me (downside of when a D2D style company goes bang, your game goes)

bastids......refuse to buy anything from them ever again.

Advertisement