Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wolfenstein 12.99 on G2play

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Kinguin and it's sister sites (G2Play etc) already have the new EU Digital tax in place, you'll be paying additional 23% in tax. Example: Dying Light Preorder is now €34 instead of €28

I dunno if other sites are following suite, haven't notice any changes on G2A etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

By the way guys, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 80% off at €3.99, well worth it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Links234 wrote: »
    By the way guys, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 80% off at €3.99, well worth it! ;)

Soundtrack alone is worth €4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Its €79.99 for me. I never used humblebundle so may be doing something wrong but when i click the link you gave that's the price I get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Just bought it for 15e :( is it worth it?

Bought it at the same price about 6 months ago, once I got into it I was sorry I waited so long.

It's staggeringly good.

• Advertisement

One thing to keep in mind about Revengeance is that it's a hack 'n slash in the same vein as Devil May Cry rather than the standard Metal Gear Solid formula. It is however a very good, very fun hack 'n slash.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

One thing to keep in mind about Revengeance is that it's a hack 'n slash in the same vein as Devil May Cry rather than the standard Metal Gear Solid formula. It is however a very good, very fun hack 'n slash.

Thats the reason I haven't bothered picking it up yet, I've played all the other major MGS'. So running around slashing just seems too far from the regular thought required... especially as it's raiden.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Agree... looks ****ty to be honest. Over the top Japanese stuff.

Thats the reason I haven't bothered picking it up yet, I've played all the other major MGS'. So running around slashing just seems too far from the regular thought required... especially as it's raiden.

Honestly, this was my train of thought initially, loved MGS and wasn't sure about a completely different game style, but once I got it, I was thrilled with the game! Plus, Raiden's butt :)

:p

Well that's fair enough, if all you're looking for the standard MGS experience you're better off saving your money and putting it towards Phantom Pain.

I will also say Revengeance isn't a mindless/dumb hack and slash that you can play on autopilot, it challenges you and if you don't master the basic skills like parry and dodge you will die quite often. Conversely there is no thrill like completely no-selling all of a boss's attacks before you beat them.

As for Raiden, TBH he got overshadowed by the other characters for me. He's the player character but he doesn't overly dominate screentime and a good bit of the performance is OTT/tongue-in-cheek.

As I said below Revengeance is an intentionally OTT game and revels in it (give the soundtrack a listen and you'll get what I mean). I thoroughly enjoyed the MGS games (Snake Eater is in my Top 5 of any games I've ever played) but if you want (a) Snake grumbling maudlinly about the horrors of war and conflict while sneaking through hallways in a cardboard box then you're going to be disappointed.
    J Mysterio wrote: »
    Agree... looks ****ty to be honest. Over the top Japanese stuff.

Not really sure what to make of this comment, the vast majority reviews of the game have been very positive. It is OTT, but that's the charm of it.
    Plus, Raiden's butt :)

You misspelled Mistral. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

I will also say Revengeance isn't a mindless/dumb hack and slash that you can play on autopilot, it challenges you and if you don't master the basic skills like parry and dodge you will die quite often.
    Lets not forget
    How insanely fcuking difficult the last boss is, probably one of the most difficult bosses ive delt with in a game
    Nanomachines son

I will also say Revengeance isn't a mindless/dumb hack and slash that you can play on autopilot, it challenges you and if you don't master the basic skills like parry and dodge you will die quite often. Conversely there is no thrill like completely no-selling all of a boss's attacks before you beat them.

Yeah, it's far from the button bashy experience I kinda expected at first, once I got to a certain point, I was having my ass kicked all around the shop, it wasn't until I figured out how to parry did I really enjoy what the game had to offer. Got the achievement for parrying 10 attacks in a row during the Monsoon fight, and oh my god that was satisfying!
    Snake grumbling maudlinly about the horrors of war and conflict while sneaking through hallways in a cardboard box then you're going to be disappointed.

Well, you can still sneak through hallways in a carboard box in some parts of the game, you can do stealth kills quite easily ;)
    You misspelled Mistral. :p

Nope! Raiden's butt! :D

tumblr_mmn172eLKx1qlwt1bo2_r3_250.gif

Don't make me post any more pics :pac:

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Lets not forget
    How insanely fcuking difficult the last boss is, probably one of the most difficult bosses ive delt with in a game
    Nanomachines son

And yet when the music starts it still sends shivers down my spine. :D
    Would've voted Armstrong for President. When he thinks he's converted you over to his side and helps you up to your feet and brushes you down, that showed his calibre as a man I'd call sir.
    Yeah, it's far from the button bashy experience I kinda expected at first, once I got to a certain point, I was having my ass kicked all around the shop, it wasn't until I figured out how to parry did I really enjoy what the game had to offer. Got the achievement for parrying 10 attacks in a row during the Monsoon fight, and oh my god that was satisfying!

Was the same way, hadn't really mastered parry as I'd sort of intuitively relied on dodging, needless to say
    Monsoon and Sam
    were not fun fights.

Well, you can still sneak through hallways in a carboard box in some parts of the game, you can do stealth kills quite easily ;)

...you mean you're not suppossed to run into enemies screaming "RULES OF NATURE!!!!"? :pac:

Nope! Raiden's butt! :D

tumblr_mmn172eLKx1qlwt1bo2_r3_250.gif

Don't make me post any more pics :pac:

You're wrong but I'll respect your opinion. :P

Anyway time to stop derailing this thread I guess. :o

You're wrong but I'll respect your opinion. :P

Anyway time to stop derailing this thread I guess. :o

NO! Raiden's butt! :pac:

tumblr_inline_mihojf7p7t1qz4rgp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

wtf is going on here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Wossack

Am I doing this right?
    latest?cb=20110606195043
    raidenwins.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,182 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

dreamers75 wrote: »
    wtf is going on here?
    You're witnessing the founding of the boards Fictional Ass Noticers Institute. Unfortunately, as you can see, cracks are already appearing. There's backchat and general cheekiness between the founders (FANI-heads), with rumours they're going to part ways, leaving a gaping hole in the middle.

Or maybe it's something to do with Metal Gear? I got lost at the La Li Lu Le Lo, so it could have been explained after that.

tumblr_n35tudSDd41qfg4xfo1_500.png

Look at fuckyeahmetalgearbutts.tumblr.com, seriously, look at it.

Sorry, it's kinda been a bit of a meme.

And also Raiden has a really nice ass :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Image-1.gif

What the Feck has this thread descended into???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

It's nice to see butt physics on a male character for once!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Butt seriously cmon lads

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I hate to see Raiden become the butt of peoples jokes.....

I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,853 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If you are looking for a SSD they only have the 512GB one left but it works out at €168 delivered.

http://eu.crucial.com/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&urlLangId=-1&productId=15004&urlRequestType=Base&langId=-1&catalogId=10152

Just a heads up, FTL is a daily deal today, at 75% and it's well worth snapping up! Seriously, if you don't have it, you'll be such an ass :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

If you are looking for a SSD they only have the 512GB one left but it works out at €168 delivered.

http://eu.crucial.com/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&urlLangId=-1&productId=15004&urlRequestType=Base&langId=-1&catalogId=10152

does SSD stand for seriously sexy derrière?

Advertisement