Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

Ant695 wrote:
    I've only seen one bad review so far and that was gamespot with a 6 and to be fair I don't even take them seriously anymore with their reviews. All the rest were 4 or 4.5 out of 5 and from watching a few streams it looks very good.

Possibly, a lot of open world games get repetitive after a while to be fair. Upgrading the car looks like fun too. It won't be going on my must have list though. That'll be MGS5, The witcher 3, Just cause 3 and Fallout 4 for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

The 39 Steps free Steam key

Lucius free Steam Key from 5pm tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Damn, Focus sale on Steam, Styx: Master of Shadows is €7.49 and lowest recorded according to Is There Any Deal

I had actually been kicking myself a little for not picking it up in the Steam Sale during the summer, I'd love to grab it but probably no chance I'd get around to playing it any time soon so I may hold off until Christmas at least. :o It's been on my wishlist quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Build your own DoubleFine bundle.... s**t.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/bundle/doublefineproductions/

Broken Age, Psychonauts, Hack 'n Slash and Grim Fandango Remastered for $10.76. Oh if you insist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Links234 wrote: »
    Damn, Focus sale on Steam, Styx: Master of Shadows is €7.49 and lowest recorded according to Is There Any Deal

I had actually been kicking myself a little for not picking it up in the Steam Sale during the summer, I'd love to grab it but probably no chance I'd get around to playing it any time soon so I may hold off until Christmas at least. :o It's been on my wishlist quite some time.

I hear it's got very Prince of Persia type gameplay? If that's the case I may get it as well.

In fact, the Focus Selection Pack is a riduclously good deal at €29.99, because even if there's only a few things you'd want, it could work out cheaper buying the pack.

Evolve €14.99 on Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Skerries wrote: »
    Evolve €14.99 on Steam

I wouldn't bother even at that price.

They lock characters behind dlc and at peak times there are only around 1000 people playing and non peak times it is lucky to be 400. You will be playing against bots more than humans.

I 100% wish I never bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

Skerries wrote:
    €14.99 on Steam

A game for more than a tenner, rip off!!

• Advertisement

****... I think that damn Telltale bundle was the start of a slippery slope, just bought Styx. Despite trying to stick to the "Don't buy something if you're not gonna play it right away" rule again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I have about 10e in credit from selling cards and stuff. Styx is tempting me but I have enough for the moment. Mad Max is the current game, plus I've MGS:GZ to replay before I get stuck into MGSV. Not to mention the Humble Bundle games.....

Well then don't get something just because you have money in your steam wallet, hold onto it until there's something you know you want. ;)

Well then don't get something just because you have money in your steam wallet, hold onto it until there's something you know you want. ;)

I think so too. It's the second time in the past 3 months it's been that price so it can only get lower. If it goes sub 5 at Christmas, I'll pick it up.

chrislad wrote: »
    I think so too. It's the second time in the past 3 months it's been that price so it can only get lower. If it goes sub 5 at Christmas, I'll pick it up.

I think this is the lowest it's been, it was 66% off in the Steam sale as far as I remember. As far as I know this is the first time it's been below a tenner or so?

I think this is the lowest it's been, it was 66% off in the Steam sale as far as I remember. As far as I know this is the first time it's been below a tenner or so?

You seem to be right, I could have sworn it was that price already. Anyway, it will be that price again and I've enough on my plate. :)

Yeah, I grabbed it because it was actually one of the things I regretted not getting during the Steam Sale tbh. There was actually quite a few titles that I wanted and when they came up, I thought, I'd wait and see what else came up and I'd get them on the encore. Styx, Remember Me and Infested Planet were the main ones I wanted to grab but I think they were only flash sales so didn't appear in the encore. I'm actually pretty happy to have grabbed it now, it's been an itch for a while. I think 75% is probably the cheapest we'll see for a while because it was just released last October, it might go to 80% off at Christmas at the earliest.

Skerries wrote: »
    Lucius free Steam Key from 5pm tomorrow

Looks like Lucius has cursed the servers to stop anyone getting a copy.

Finally got the code, entered in Steam and got error saying it was a duplicate key

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Finally got the code, entered in Steam and got error saying it was a duplicate key

Got mine redeemed no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I've posted these before when they were on sale, but they're ridiculously cheap and excellent games:

VVVVVV for 49c
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/vvvvvv_storefront

and
    Trine for 69c
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/trine_storefront

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

i really should get off my ass and play trine 2, loved the first

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Mad Max is €16 on kinguin for anyone who hasn't picked it up yet.

Cant post link because I'm on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Ant695 wrote: »
    Mad Max is €16 on kinguin for anyone who hasn't picked it up yet.

Cant post link because I'm on the phone.

http://www.kinguin.net/category/19615/mad-max-the-ripper-dlc-steam-cd-key/

There ya go:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

really want to get mad max, but I heard it's very repetitive and that's putting me off.

vlad2009 wrote: »
    really want to get mad max, but I heard it's very repetitive and that's putting me off.

It is, but it's not crippling the game. Look, for 16e, it's worth every penny. This is selling for 75 in GameStop (which is disgraceful) and it is in no way worth that much. It's a fun game, I'm about 17 hours into it now, and I'm about halfway done I'd say. I'm enjoying the game and I don't regret paying the 17 or whatever I paid. If your only option was 75, I'd be telling you to rent it or wait for the inevitable price drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Cravez wrote: »

It's worth it for Contagion alone, great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LmnadZ

I would buy from kinguin if they weren't asking for my address.
    I feel strange about this and I don't want to trust them.

Funny thing is it happens with only certain sites like gmg/kinguin etc.
    I usually buy from gamesplanet/humblestore where there is no nonsense like this.
    There was one website where you need produce an ID in order to buy with paypal which I think is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

LmnadZ wrote: »
    I would buy from kinguin if they weren't asking for my address.
    I feel strange about this and I don't want to trust them.

Funny thing is it happens with only certain sites like gmg/kinguin etc.
    I usually buy from gamesplanet/humblestore where there is no nonsense like this.
    There was one website where you need produce an ID in order to buy with paypal which I think is ridiculous.

Use my address

123 Fake St
    Fakeville
    Co. Faking

Advertisement