Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

chrislad wrote: »
    Use my address

123 Fake St
    Fakeville
    Co. Faking
    Hey, that's my address

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LmnadZ

Use my address

123 Fake St
    Fakeville
    Co. Faking
    Hey, that's my address

Nice address,I'll move there soon.;)
    Honestly though I don't see a point in giving any,they could give excuses like stolen card all they want to(doesn't really apply when using paypal).

I was staying away from those sellers but given the certain deals,I don't mind giving non existent addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Be careful with some of those Humble Bundle publisher sales. The Ubisoft one is one example.

Assassins Creed 3 is 4.99
    Beyond Good and Evil is 1.24
    Call of Juarez is 3.74

That's a total of 9.97. With the offer, you'll end up being charged 11.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Use my address

123 Fake St
    Fakeville
    Co. Faking

I use this one

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500, United States

or

Leinster House, Kildare St, Dublin 2

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

Mad Max is now 13.99 on CD Keys in case someone wants it, the app doesn't want to let me post links sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Dard23 wrote: »
    Mad Max is now 13.99 on CD Keys in case someone wants it, the app doesn't want to let me post links sorry.

Incredible value, fairly new to PC gaming and I can't get over the amount of bargains there is to be had!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Got it for 14.99 last week, boy do I look stupid now? Runs flawlessly on my old 7800 card. Worth getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

tony1980 wrote:
    Incredible value, fairly new to PC gaming and I can't get over the amount of bargains there is to be had!

Yeah I'm only pc gaming for around a year but the prices are crazy! I mean on console you'd be lucky to get a decent game for 25 quid after a year. This game is out a week! The only reason I'm not buying is I've such a back log to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yeah I'm only pc gaming for around a year but the prices are crazy! I mean on console you'd be lucky to get a decent game for 25 quid after a year. This game is out a week! The only reason I'm not buying is I've such a back log to get through.

Before foreign market & game sharing on XB1 yeah. :cool:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Before foreign market & game sharing on XB1 yeah. :cool:

haha, yeah, great that you're happy with those options, wouldn't suit me personally.

• Advertisement

To be fair, Sony are great with discounting games and it's very easy to get a recent enough release for 25-35 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

tony1980 wrote: »
    fairly new to PC gaming and I can't get over the amount of bargains there is to be had!

Yeah, my mate changed from Xbox360 to pc, I changed 3 months later as well. No contest when it comes to prices and bargains. Year and a half later over 100+ games on steam Lol Most paid under €5 for them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Witcher 3 (and whole Witcher franchise) on sale atm, as is XCom Enemy Unknown

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Links234 wrote: »
    Witcher 3 (and whole Witcher franchise) on sale atm, as is XCom Enemy Unknown

I presume that is just the base game? I avoided getting Witcher 3 on launch despite loving the previous games as I had a backlog of other games to get through so I figured I would wait till they bundle the inevitable DLC into a nice discounted package.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

well the dlc is free, the first expansion isn't out until next month and then I think thee's another one or two of them to come after as well

you'll be waiting a good while for the goty edition

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

strelok wrote: »
    well the dlc is free, the first expansion isn't out until next month and then I think thee's another one or two of them to come after as well

you'll be waiting a good while for the goty edition

I have the patience to wait though, too many good games at the moment and too little time to play them.

Same here, I had picked up Witcher 1&2 in sales before and I'd like to get around to playing them before grabbing 3. Was into chapter 3 in the first game before mgsv came out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Finding it really hard to get into the first one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Even when Steam have decent prices, therestill nothing compared to the the likes of g2play and cdkeys and others. I got MGSV for 36 myself.

Finding it really hard to get into the first one!

Took me a while too, it felt so clunky and the combat was woefully bad, but once you get into it it's a lot of fun. I'd say at least get to the city part before it really starts to become good.

• Advertisement

Thor wrote: »
    Even when Steam have decent prices, their still nothing compared to the the likes of g2play and cdkeys and others.

I wouldn't touch a lot of those sites, there's some very dodgy key re-sellers out there and I've heard a fair few horror stories of people losing games they bought from them, or losing their accounts entirely. They're cheap but not worth the risk to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I use G2play 99% for all my purchases have never had a single issue and dont mind paying the .80c insurance fee. Its my peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Links234 wrote: »
    I wouldn't touch a lot of those sites, there's some very dodgy key re-sellers out there and I've heard a fair few horror stories of people losing games they bought from them, or losing their accounts entirely. They're cheap but not worth the risk to me.

Never heard of anyone getting stung with G2play or CDKeys, although there was that whole issue with Sniper Elite 3, but that was very isolated if I'm not mistaken. I have still bought many games from Steam throughout the sales when the deals are great and I know they don't choose the pricing themselves for the games.

I personally have been using them for years, and haven't had any issues.(bar the Sniper elite 3). They all take paypal and such, so if there is an issue, it's not that hard to kick up stink, and considering how many keys they actually sell, I would assume issues like that would be more noticeable.

Can't justify paying 60 euro for a game anymore. Although MGSV is amazing and probably the one game I would have paid that much for, I still can't cross the line of paying 60 euro for the crap that is being launched nowadays and the issues the have with them.

You do loose your ability for a refund, but since Steam only recently started that, it was something I missed out on before. I am hoping that refund policy is something that will prevent companies from releasing absolute crap in the future. Something that Warner Brothers have experienced and demoed that refunds are going to hurt you more than delaying the game. Even though they should have known that already, there was no real method of getting a refund. Thankfully now there is. Probably the only reason I would suggest going with Steam straight up(bar the deals)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Brawlhalla free Steam key

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

€30 is the max I'd shell out for anything these days. And at that, the only thing i have my eye on is GTA V.

Have enough games to satiate my appetite in every genre that i don't need to buy anything first day. I usually buy games a few years after release in steam sales or cdkey sites if they're not heavily discounted out the door (Picked up Mad Max for €19).

Things i might pick up down the line:
    South Park: Stick O' Truth
    No Man's Sky
    FM 2016 (Last FM bought was 2012)
    Diablo III: Repo Souls (Blizz rarely discount)

Humble Sale Encore: https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Great if you've missed out on the Telltale bundle and some other decent stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt for €19.99 http://www.cdkeys.com/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-pc-cd-key?mw_aref=74dth566

(further 5% off with the facebook like offer)

Skyborn free Steam key

• Advertisement

Advertisement