Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Skerries wrote: »
    that has now put me past the 3000 games mark :D
    I am now an accrual expert

3000 games, that's insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

You are sick man. How much is your account worth?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

All hail GabeN's truest disciple :)

Cracking humble bundle:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

You are sick man. How much is your account worth?

:eek: I just looked there, 5 digits with no sales. Skerries have you mined all the cards for those 3000 games?? If not, i'd recommend idlemaster. Could be hundreds worth of euro in steam cards.

http://www.steamidlemaster.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    :eek: I just looked there, 5 digits with no sales. Skerries have you mined all the cards for those 3000 games?? If not, i'd recommend idlemaster. Could be hundreds worth of euro in steam cards.

http://www.steamidlemaster.com/

+1 I have probably gotten about 150 euro from my measly 850 or so games :P

I have found cards aren't worth as much as they were last year though with many games cards worth about 3c now. I would average cards at 5-6c now compared to 10c last year at least. Also foil cards are selling for like 15c, at least the ones I have gotten this year compared to a few euro last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

+1 I have probably gotten about 150 euro from my measly 850 or so games :P

I have found cards aren't worth as much as they were last year though with many games cards worth about 3c now. I would average cards at 5-6c now compared to 10c last year at least. Also foil cards are selling for like 15c, at least the ones I have gotten this year compared to a few euro last year.

I got some bundle last week for €2.50, 10 games, all steam. I used idlemaster on them and got a foil card for some Doctor Who game. According to steam only one of those cards had been sold in the previous day for €1.25.

I held on to it but I just checked again to see what its starting at now and its gone up to €4.06.

I know I wouldn't get that much but even if I got a euro id be delighted and along with selling all the other cards, I should make a little profit. How bad..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    I got some bundle last week for €2.50, 10 games, all steam. I used idlemaster on them and got a foil card for some Doctor Who game. According to steam only one of those cards had been sold in the previous day for €1.25.

I held on to it but I just checked again to see what its starting at now and its gone up to €4.06.

I know I wouldn't get that much but even if I got a euro id be delighted and along with selling all the other cards, I should make a little profit. How bad..

Nice find :)

Yeah, it;s nice to get the free few euro. I usually treat myself to some items in f2p games with my card money like some heroes in marvel heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

just checked and I have mined €165.37 from cards with 1900 left to go

my collection is worth according to this €25587

Taytothief from boards has 4,868 games :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Call me cynical, but open source or no that app is not getting access to my account

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Boom! Nearly bought Black Flag the other day because people keep telling me that it's actually good (I avoid Ubisoft like the plague). Decided not to because I'm trying to clear the backlog - but it's in this sale or only €6.80!

Backlog extended.

I literally bought it off a key site about one hour earlier, so I lost out on about 40c. :(

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nothing impressive in that Humble Capcom Bundle tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Thargor wrote: »
    Nothing impressive in that Humble Capcom Bundle tbh.

Devil May Cry and Street Fighter IV look worth $15 if you havent got them. Everything else being a bonus.

Each to there own though i suppose

I have Street Fighter and DMC already, but I'll still get it for Lost Planet 3 (first one was a guilty pleasure), and the Resident Evil games as I only have 4 at the moment. I suspect RE6 will be added next week, as well as the 3D Bionic Commando.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I've had my eyes on DmC for ages, so that alone made it worth it for me. The Resident Evils are a big ass bonus.

Lost Planet 3, worth keeping or should I try to trade it for something?

Bloop Free Steam key

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Links234 wrote: »

Lost Planet 3, worth keeping or should I try to trade it for something?

It has decent graphics, a generic run and gun third person though. Not sure youd get anything of worth trading it. Id just keep it and try it out

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Bloop Free Steam key

You're some man for the free keys. Fair play.

Relic Hunters Zero Free Steam key

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

So Deus Ex Revision has been released. That could be the weekend sorted.

Relic Hunters Zero Free Steam key

That's already a free game though, just go to the Steam page and click play now. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Boom! Nearly bought Black Flag the other day because people keep telling me that it's actually good (I avoid Ubisoft like the plague). Decided not to because I'm trying to clear the backlog - but it's in this sale or only €6.80!

Backlog extended.

I'm on the fence. Not sure whether or not to get it, but it's hard to ignore at that price.

I've only ever played AC games on console.

I don't have a controller for PC. I prefer using Keyboard & Mouse. My question is... am I wasting my time playing Black Flag without a controller?

I'm on the fence. Not sure whether or not to get it, but it's hard to ignore at that price.

I've only ever played AC games on console.

I don't have a controller for PC. I prefer using Keyboard & Mouse. My question is... am I wasting my time playing Black Flag without a controller?

I would say you're wasting your time with any 3rd person game and a keyboard/mouse. Some people will disagree, and they're entitled to do so, but personally, I can't play any 3rd person game without a controller. I'm sure you could play with a kb/m combo, and get used it it, but if you're used to the controls on console, why bother getting used? A wired Xbox controller isn't that expensive and will work with nearly everything.

I played quite a few games with KB&M, Tomb Raider, Batman: Arkham City, LA Noire.

Personally, I much prefer a controller these days, find it a lot more comfortable, but it's perfectly fine to do it with keyboard & mouse if you want. I definitely recommended grabbing a wired Xbox controller like Chrislad says, they can be had quite cheap in Argos. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

I didn't mind playing Arkham Asylum with keyboard/mouse but gave up playing Assassin's Creed with them .
    Bought a wireless Xbox controller , one of the best purchases I've ever made :)

Really enjoyed playing Assassin's Creed after buying it , and now play most games using it on the TV .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Cheers lads.

Controller it is!

Good stuff ;)

I had put off buying a controller for ages, because I thought, what's the point just for 1 or 2 games? Used my girlfriends one for a while, and then got my own one, now I use it for way more games than I thought I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im waiting for the final opinions on the Steam controller and if its bad Ill go with a black 360 one.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So you think it's too soon for REmake HD to be included in the bundle? I'd say could be Remember Me in an attempt not to make it to RE-centric

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So you think it's too soon for REmake HD to be included in the bundle? I'd say could be Remember Me in an attempt not to make it to RE-centric

I think RE4 is likely, but Remember Me is probably a good bet too.

• Advertisement

RE4 would be nice but more likely RE6

Advertisement