Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I like to collect them more than play them

If only we could all be so honest with ourselves :o

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Thanks for that! I've really just started building up my Steam collection. I "followed" this thread only last week. I don't really play many of them but I like getting them cheap like with the Humble Bundle offers. I have a rule to never go over a fiver for a single game (as I said I like to collect them more than play them so there's no point in paying big prices for the latest stuff). Have about 220 so far but now I'm going to give it more of my attention.

http://www.cheapshark.com/ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

istereanydeal is much better

check here daily for bundle deals

Humble Jumbo Bundle

Tier1:
    Insurgency
    Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY
    Abyss Odyssey 2-Pack

Tier2:
    Blackguards 1 & 2
    Contagion 4-Pack
    + More games coming soon

Tier3:
    Spintires
    Divinity: Dragon Commander

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

The Reddit game deals forum is quite good as well as the majority of the deals are international and most of the bundles are discussed
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

old but apparently good
    anno 1404 is down to 2.49 on steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Cities: Skylines for €8 on cdkeys.com: http://www.cdkeys.com/cities-skylines-pc-cd-key

Just change to GBP to get cheaper price. €8.36 or €7.93 with facebook like coupon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Cities: Skylines for €8 on cdkeys.com: http://www.cdkeys.com/cities-skylines-pc-cd-key

Just change to GBP to get cheaper price. €8.36 or €7.93 with facebook like coupon.

Too cheap not to buy... definitely don't need another time sink with FM16 out in a couple of weeks but been meaning to buy this for ages.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Thanks - got for a friend. Bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Thanks!
    I was just about to pull the trigger on this last night (at full price) but my internet timed out.

Delighted :)

• Advertisement

Steam sale page seems to be bugging the hell out, so check on SteamDB in the meantime. There's a lot of great stuff to be had!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I really need to unsubscribe from this thread, only on pc a few months and already have a big backlog because of bargains and Steam game sharing!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lyrical

Links234 wrote: »

Just went mad and bought 20 games that I'll never play :(.

I seen on Reddit Gamedeals that Alienware have coupons that can be added to the already discounted games,I got Shadow Warrior (2013) for €1.31 with a 75% off coupon.

http://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways

There is also coupons for
    Hotline Miami 2 50% off
    Heavy Bullets 75% off
    The Talos Principle 50% off

If folks want any recommendations, seeing as the whole thing looks like a mess to navigate right now, worth a look:

The Red Solstice - 50% off
    Shadowrun Returns - 80% off
    Mark of the Ninja - 80% off
    Castlevania - Lords of Shadow - 75% off
    Darkest Dungeon - 25% off
    Stasis - 40% off (You can get a better deal on Greenman for this, use a voucher and get an additional 22% off)
    Van Helsing Anthology - 66% off

Also, I don't have it, but The Talos Principle is 40% off currerntly, but you can get an Alienware Voucher that'll give you an additional 50% off. :eek:

Lyrical wrote: »
    Just went mad and bought 20 games that I'll never play :(.

What did you get?

I've not picked up anything yet myself, but Victor Vran is tempting. As is This War Of Mine.

I picked up:
    Dead Space  
    2.02 EUR
    The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (ROW)  
    0.97 EUR
    Alice Madness Returns  
    2.02 EUR
    E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy  
    2.02 EUR
    Beat Hazard  
    1.70 EUR
    Orcs Must Die!  
    2.02 EUR
    Shadowrun Returns  
    2.43 EUR
    Deadlight  
    2.43 EUR
    Receiver  
    1.62 EUR
    The Swapper  
    2.84 EUR
    Alan Wake American Nightmare  
    2.43 EUR

All around my price point and with good ratings!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

I picked up:
    good games

All around my price point and with good ratings!

Some good choices in there :)

As my steam library grows and grows these sales seem to have less and less for me :( Was hoping for a vermintide discount but alas it was not to be! Tis only out a week or so though :P

As my steam library grows and grows these sales seem to have less and less for me:P

That's the situation I kind of want to get to...it'll mean I've caught up! I now have 245 games...may I ask how many you have please?

Was hoping for a vermintide discount but alas it was not to be! Tis only out a week or so though :P

If you get it from Greenman Gaming you can use a voucher for 22% off ;)

FACEYO-URFEAR-S22PER

• Advertisement

I picked up:
    E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy  
    2.02 EUR

this game is horrible!

Some really nice deals to be had from some other sites:

Alien: Isolation €9.99 (80% off)
    Castlevania - Lords of Shadow 2 €5.99 (80% off)

I'd snag Castlevania in a heartbeat myself, if I had finished the first one :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

I picked up a few to keep me going:

- Anno 1404
    - This War of Mine
    - BioShock
    - Cities: Skyline

Hello weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Both the Humble Bundles are tempting me! New weekly one has Massive Chalice and Grim Fandango Remastered. https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Links234 wrote: »
    Some really nice deals to be had from some other sites:

Alien: Isolation €9.99 (80% off)
    Castlevania - Lords of Shadow 2 €5.99 (80% off)

I'd snag Castlevania in a heartbeat myself, if I had finished the first one :o

I wish I followed that logic. Then I wouldn't have both Darksiders, Prototype, Darkness, all Tomb Raider, Hitman, etc games. Though I don't have that Castlevania. Have the first one unplayed though, so may have to get it as well.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I wish I followed that logic.

My general rule with these things is, "Am I going to play this right away?"

If the answer is no, I won't buy it. There has been some exceptions to this lately though, the Telltale bundle during the Humble sale, and the recent Capcom bundle. So I've given myself a little wiggle room on the rule when it comes to bundles that are too good to pass up.

If the answer is yes, then woo-hoo! Out of all the games I've bought recently (bundles not included), Vermintide, Stasis, Red Solstice, Darkest Dungeon, I started playing them right away. Really helps when trying not to add to the backlog. There's been a few games that are tempting me this sale, but none where I think "Yes, I will play this right away!"

Just purchased a load of very cheap and cheerful (but decently reviewed) games (15 in all):
    BEEP  
    0.15 EUR
    Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII Double Pack  
    0.24 EUR
    Serious Sam 2  
    0.80 EUR
    ORION: Prelude  
    0.40 EUR
    Waveform  
    0.15 EUR
    Defy Gravity  
    0.09 EUR
    Enclave Steam Store and Retail Key  
    0.56 EUR
    Dead Pixels  
    0.60 EUR
    Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi  
    0.72 EUR
    Culling Of The Cows  
    0.89 EUR
    Morphopolis  
    0.15 EUR
    Polarity  
    0.17 EUR
    The Hat Man: Shadow Ward  
    0.15 EUR
    Squishy the Suicidal Pig  
    0.07 EUR
    Timberman  
    0.54 EUR

My cream of the crop from the first 15 pages of the Halloween sale page (ordered from lowest price to highest).

Hmm, so I claimed that Alienware voucher for The Talos Principle, which brings it down to €11.99, and I gotta say it's damn tempting. What do?

• Advertisement

Actually, the 75% off voucher for Shadow Warrior... It's currently 85% off, so the voucher brings it down to a 'Silly loose change' price of €1.31! :eek: I have more than that in my steam wallet from selling trading cards, I'd be mad not to grab it! :D

Just to make it a bit easier on you folks, Shadow Warrior, 75% off Voucher. You're welcome. ;)

Edit: And I got me a free Viscera Cleanup Detail: Shadow Warrior too.

Advertisement