Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Why is it that i'm having such difficulty getting into this?

Not everyone can get into these kind of games, there is a lot of effort required and a lot of people don't play games to make choices and such they just want to be entertained, which is just fine. Different strokes for different folks and all.

I have trouble getting into them too but can spend hundreds of hours on my favorite rogue like games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

sorry can we keep this to bargains only please

May I ask what are people's opinions of that new Humble Monthly deal where you subscribe and pay before you see what games are on offer? It's $12 and you're guaranteed Legend of Grimrock 2. Only two days left to sign up and I'm still humming and haaing ...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

May I ask what are people's opinions of that new Humble Monthly deal where you subscribe and pay before you see what games are on offer? It's $12 and you're guaranteed Legend of Grimrock 2. Only two days left to sign up and I'm still humming and haaing ...

Ive signed up for this month. Seems like reasonable offer if the game thats less than 1 year old is a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Depends if they keep doing the Humble Bundles. 12 dollars a month for potential ****e, potential good games.

Or a Bundle, whatever you want, if they're good games - seems better value to me.

If they take the good stuff out of the Humble Bundles, and only put them in the curated monthly stuff, then it might be a good deal. If they don't, I can't see the point.

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »
    sorry can we keep this to bargains only please

Woops, thought this was the discussion thread, my bad!

I signed up for the first month to test the waters, also I wanted to get grimrock 2 on the cheap as I greatly enjoyed the first one and this seemed really worth it even if the games we get in a few days are less than impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im in for the first month anyway, guarantee it'll be a good deal first time or two to rope people in.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

All GreeenManGaming credit expires on 24th Nov.

Homefront under €5 on g2play
    http://www.g2play.net/category/354/homefront-steam-key/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The Banner Saga is 5 bucks on Steam.
    Really enjoyed it.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    The Banner Saga is 5 bucks on Steam.
    Really enjoyed it.
    €11 on Android but feck it I have a load of credit built up from 3 unlimited data anyway so purchased thanks, never heard of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

The Humble Monthly bundle now has Paypal available as a payment option, which makes it easier to cancel, so I have given it a go. The games will be revealed at 7pm on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Volume 33% off, Daily Deal on Steam.

Personally, I think it looks great, but I'm gonna wait for a bigger discount myself.

New Weekly Bundle, but Secret Ponchos for $9? That's impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

http://www.gog.com/?Big_Fall_Sale

GoG Autumn sale starts now.

If anyone wants a recommendation, Infested Planet for that price is amazing. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got the monthly if its crappy indie games then steamgift thread will have a few new itesm morow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

well that sucks :D

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »

I own all of those games, i suppose that is the risk though. I am not sure I will resub after this month.

I wonder if they will take next months sub fees right after releasing the bundle, if so that would be a bit cheeky not allowing people time to decide if they want to continue after seeing the bundle.

Don't see how it "sucks". I don't have any of those games and they're all quite appealing to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Saints Row 4 would be nice, but hopefully, it'll be the Game of the Century version, otherwise not so much.

I'll keep the sub for maybe this month and the month after, then I'll stop it, and it will get good. :D

Vanilla Saints Row 4 is mad enough without a load of DLC tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Thargor wrote: »
    Vanilla Saints Row 4 is mad enough without a load of DLC tbh.

It is, but I've already completed it, and the GotC edition is constantly on sale, so the DLC would be incentive to replay it.

Don't see how it "sucks". I don't have any of those games and they're all quite appealing to me anyway.

It sucks if you've got the games already. I already have Besiege, Torchlight and Valkyria Chronicles, so assuming they're in the bundle it wouldn't be too great for me if I'd payed for it already. Great deal if you don't have it though. ;)

The leak was right on the money. https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

Great games but I have them all.

Looks like a terrific bundle alright, but really sucks if you got them already. Besiege is awesome, as is what I've played of Valkyria Chronicles (really must get back to that!)

Ouch! This seems like either horrible timing, or a serious dick move, but while the monthly bundle has the vanilla game, they just popped Saint's Row IV Game of the Century up for €4.99. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I picked it up for that price a few months ago

Advertisement