Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Links234 wrote: »
    Ouch! This seems like either horrible timing, or a serious dick move, but while the monthly bundle has the vanilla game, they just popped Saint's Row IV Game of the Century up for €4.99. :o

Dick move. It's 4.99 for the upgrade on Steam.

Pretty disappointed with the bundle. I wouldn't have bought it if I had known the games beforehand.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It wouldn't entice me to sub for the next bundle, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Angron wrote: »
    It wouldn't entice me to sub for the next bundle, that's for sure.

I was on the fence a couple of hours before the bundle was released, I thought this would be one of the best considering how it needed to be good to drive more sub's, but I'm very glad I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Tbh SRIV DLC is fairly ****e and adds nothing to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They needed a stunning bundle to start off, but they dropped the ball. They are going to lose a ton of subscriptions now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Otherland free Steam key

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

is this the one based on the tad williams books?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Mr E wrote: »
    They needed a stunning bundle to start off, but they dropped the ball. They are going to lose a ton of subscriptions now.

The bundle is very good though. All of the games are top notch and definitely worth the money. My only gripe was I already owned them all :P

Yeah I didn't own any of them so I wasn't at all miffed! I can see how veteran Steamers would be pissed though. I did read up on the HUKD thread about it and they pinpointed that problem. If you've already got a large library of games then the monthly deal ain't for you.

strelok wrote: »
    is this the one based on the tad williams books?

looks like it, I forgot I read those books years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

they just popped Saint's Row IV Game of the Century up for €4.99. :o

Caved and got this. Was on my list on Cheapshark. I still haven't completed 3 yet, but every time I play it I have a blast. Pure Purple FUN:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I can wait for cheaper but if its as good as its predecessor that is a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Thargor wrote: »
    I can wait for cheaper but if its as good as its predecessor that is a bargain.
    From watching videos, they went even more crazy, I think this will be heaps of fun. I just hope they bring a coop or MP to it. Damn it looks so freaking good as well:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Breach & Clear Collection - €6.99 (75% off), with both individual titles also 75% off, Breach & Clear - €3.74, Breach & Clear: Deadline - €4.99.

I'm a sucker for squad-based RTS games, and this is a damn tempting deal, even if Deadline isn't meant to be that good. :o

From watching videos, they went even more crazy, I think this will be heaps of fun. I just hope they bring a coop or MP to it. Damn it looks so freaking good as well:D
    Didnt realise there was so much material released, looks amazing alright, the
    wingsuit
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

I had preordered this from cdkeys at about €28 and I pointed out that it was now cheaper and they replied within an hour and refunded the difference. Very impressed with cdkeys, they've nothing stating that they should do that or owed me anything. They seem to be cheapest on lots of games these days too and no hidden card charges or anything before you pay.

Enemy Mind Free Steam key

BLOOP Free Steam Key

• Advertisement

Also, nice big "Play with Steammachines" Midweek Madness, which has a pretty fantabulous bunch of games, including a couple of things that have been on my Wishlist for a while.

Stanley Parable, Transistor and The Talos Principle. Goodness me, there's a lot coming up for sale lately that's been tempting the pants off me.

Edit: Obligatory urge people to buy Bastion and Dust if you don't already have them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I love Dust!
    And yes highly recommend The Stanley Parable.

So, someone sent me a Stanley Parable key because I mentioned I was tempted by it, and if that wasn't awesome enough, I offered them a key for something in return and because they weren't expecting it, gave me a Hatoful Boyfriend key also! Considering I had the 50% off voucher for The Talos Principle, that brought the price down to €6-something, so I snagged that and Transistor, and because I had some money in my steam wallet from trading card sales, I got both for €9-something in total. My girlfriend also bought the Breach & Clear collection for me. Freebies, bargains and presents galore! :D

Why So Evil Free Steam Key

Steel & Steam Ep. 1, free Steam key

Gorky 17 Free Steam Key

Oooh, now here's a good one, Klei Publisher Weekend, some great deals and everything free to play for the weekend, including Mark of the Ninja, Don't Starve and Invisible Inc.

I might try Invisible Inc because it's been on my wishlist a while and might be a good opportunity to see if it's worth a purchase :D

Transistor down to €4.74, great looking sci-fi RPG that got good reviews.

Thargor wrote: »
    Transistor down to €4.74, great looking sci-fi RPG that got good reviews.

Yeah, I picked it up myself. I mentioned it a few posts back, it's part of this deal which if you've not seen has a lot of great things on offer.

...nevermind

• Advertisement

Yeah, I picked it up myself. I mentioned it a few posts back, it's part of this deal which if you've not seen has a lot of great things on offer.
    I see Axiom Verge there aswell, seems to have started the slide down into €5 territory, come to Daddy :D

Id pick it up right now if I wasnt swamped with work and games...

Advertisement