Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Heh check the specs, it was horrible when it 1st came out wonder if it has improved.

Not if you look at its Steam page. It seems to be next to impossible to get it running (a) full screen and then (b) in a decent resolution. Some games are free for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Very cheap Thrustmaster HOTAS:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001DMUCAC?tag=hotukdeals03-21

Im going to pull the trigger for Elite/No Mans Sky etc, can anyone think of a reason not to?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Thargor wrote: »
    Very cheap Thrustmaster HOTAS:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001DMUCAC?tag=hotukdeals03-21

Im going to pull the trigger for Elite/No Mans Sky etc, can anyone think of a reason not to?

I got one a while ago, and it does the job just grand on Elite. Lots of buttons to customise:D

Ordered one so, cant wait now :D

Has there been any decent space sim since the X and Freespace/Freelancer days to tide me over? Ive watched so much Elite on Youtube that Im a bit sick of it now tbh, its too repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

The Culling of the Cows Free Steam Keys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

The Evil Within - €14.99

Goes without saying, I give this a big thumbs up! ;)

Edit: Even cheaper, £4.99 at Game.co.uk

Some more Humble deals, including FTL for €1.87 which is a steal if you don't already have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Links234 wrote: »
    The Evil Within - €14.99

Goes without saying, I give this a big thumbs up! ;)

Edit: Even cheaper, £4.99 at Game.co.uk

Thinking of picking that up, great price! Is the GAME one a steam code?

Thinking of picking that up, great price! Is the GAME one a steam code?

It's a physical edition which includes a steam code, I believe.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

New humble bundle out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Recycling old bundles.... they already dropped the regular mobile bundles earlier this week. Not a good week for HB.

I picked it up (since I'm new) but I already had "One Way Heroics". I don't know if the key is still working (since I didn't know I already had it and tried activating it) but here it is if anybody's interested:
    IAM68-F6PWZ-73IZH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I picked it up (since I'm new) but I already had "One Way Heroics". I don't know if the key is still working (since I didn't know I already had it and tried activating it) but here it is if anybody's interested:
    IAM68-F6PWZ-73IZH

Knickers! I missed it :)

AFAIK If you already own a game and try to activate the same game with a new key, it doesn't use up the new key.

HB want us to pay 20 quid a month for that?

no that's just the regular bundle not the sub bundle

It's not even the regular bundle, it's just the weekly one, which are usually fairly low effort.

Humble 2K weekend, spend more than €12 and get a free copy of Darkness II.

Did someone (probably Links234) say there would be a Thanksgiving sale this weekend?

That'll be on the 25th as far as I know ;)

Oh, and in some rather ****ty news, Valve won't be doing daily/flash deals during the sales any more, but they've got the dates for their next big sales up.

25th Nov - 1st Dec

22nd Dec - 4th Jan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Links234 wrote: »
    Oh, and in some rather ****ty news, Valve won't be doing daily/flash deals during the sales any more, but they've got the dates for their next big sales up.

25th Nov - 1st Dec

22nd Dec - 4th Jan

They say that the best price discounts will be available throughout the whole sale though, not just the day they are featured. Hopefully that means that the level of discount stays the same though. We will see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Ah ffs, the flash deals were the only reason I used to get up during holidays.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's an unusual decision from Valve, curious to see if they'll retain a 'metagame' to keep people checking in past the first few days. Surely would have thought the flash sales were precisely the reason why the sales stay as fresh as they do.

While there is a thrill to the flash sales, at the same time it almost becomes an itch that needs constant scratching when they're on. Will be nice to check off the wish list in one swoop. Perhaps the refund system has something to do with the change, rather than have them processing thousands of refunds if a game does indeed become cheaper over the course of a sale. More transparent, but all depends on whether the main deals will be up to 'flash' standards I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

They say that the best price discounts will be available throughout the whole sale though, not just the day they are featured. Hopefully that means that the level of discount stays the same though. We will see.

It does, that's the plan from what I read earlier anyway. There's no separate levels of discount anymore (normal vs featured), there's just one discount price for the entire sale.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dair76 wrote: »
    Ah ffs, the flash deals were the only reason I used to get up during holidays.
    I remember setting an alarm on my phone so I'd remember to vote for sales to get those trading cards :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So no more need to wait until the last day before buying games that may go on flash sale.

Steam games for less than a euro such as Planetary Annihilation and Worms

Two Worlds 2 Free Steam Key

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Can we expect a steam sale this week?

What is everyone hoping for?

I want to get MGS5 but I'm happy to wait till Christmas for a decent discount.

• Advertisement

25th is the date of the sale.

Nothing really in particular I want, maybe if there's a decent discount on Undertale, or Sunless Sea. Kinda waiting more for the Christmas sale, so we'll see. ;)

Advertisement