Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

the_syco wrote: »
    Shag. No Steam keys. May as well have just pirated it.

Never thought I'd see the day when someone would complain that the game didn't require DRM :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Never thought I'd see the day when someone would complain that the game didn't require DRM :confused:

yeah but if you have all your games in a Steam account you want to continue and have all of them in one easy location
    It confuses me sometimes when I am looking for a certain game to play and remember that they are on Origin
    So I don't buy games on GOG but I do have 31 free ones in the account

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Skerries wrote: »
    yeah but if you have all your games in a Steam account you want to continue and have all of them in one easy location
    It confuses me sometimes when I am looking for a certain game to play and remember that they are on Origin

I just got over that and added them in Steam as Non-Steam games. The main culprits for me are the Assassins Creed games. Even steam keys just redeem on Uplay and Uplay keys are cheaper!

Two Worlds II Free Steam Key

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

A few pretty good bundles on bundlestars
    https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/all-stars-4-bundle
    https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/microids-mega-bundle-30th-anniversary

Lots of games for feck all money. I got the first one just for Evoland ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Shadow Complex Remastered free on PC for the "holidays": https://www.epicgames.com/shadowcomplex/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Shadow Complex Remastered free on PC for the "holidays": https://www.epicgames.com/shadowcomplex/

erh
    meh
    ferhkihn
    gerd

although the experience is slightly ruined by the fact that I apparently need a ****ing username and password

strelok wrote: »
    erh
    meh
    ferhkihn
    gerd

although the experience is slightly ruined by the fact that I apparently need a ****ing username and password

I didn't run the exe but I was able to download without any login.

chrislad wrote: »
    I didn't run the exe but I was able to download without any login.

i had to install the epic games launcher and log in before i could download shadow complex

i had to install the epic games launcher and log in before i could download shadow complex

Ah right, I didn't get that far. I don't mind so much, as it's a great game but just give us Steam keys or a stand alone copy. I/No-one don't want another client.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Humble Monthy

Banished
    Rust
    Payday 2
    Neon Struct
    Chroma Squad
    Company Of heroes 2 inc 2 DLC

and a demo for Shadwen.

Thats a decent bundle, wont be many of them in the steamgift thread :D

There's DLC for Payday 2 as well. I already had Payday 2, Banished and Company of Heroes 2 so I cancelled my sub and if I get into the steamgifts thread will give 'em away!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

If anyone has a rust duplicate I could swap for Rocket League?

Gun Metal Free Steam Key

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Prefer everything in one place, I'm weird like that. Origin is used for Battlefield and Peggle.

Got OlliOlli2 on G2play for for under €4 (if you don't pay their insurance) - down from €15 on Steam.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    That's actually not a bad bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Skerries wrote: »

Pop all your game's shortcuts into a desktop folder. That way they are all in the same place and it doesn't matter what background drm account is used.

All the steam play button does is link to your .exe file in the same way the shortcut does.

Humble Monthy

Banished
    Rust
    Payday 2
    Neon Struct
    Chroma Squad
    Company Of heroes 2 inc 2 DLC

and a demo for Shadwen.

i just signed up for the monthly bundle now after seeing this post and it told me my first bundle will unlock jan1st, have I missed out on the dec bundle? the entire reason I signed up for it?

apparently I have.

that would have been nice info to have somewhere on the subscribe page

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Ah in fairness it was perfectly clear to me when I had a look yesterday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

i just signed up for the monthly bundle now after seeing this post and it told me my first bundle will unlock jan1st, have I missed out on the dec bundle? the entire reason I signed up for it?

apparently I have.

They do make it very clear, also if you could just claim the bundle after it was released then what would be the point in staying subbed and just purchase the bundles you like?

I believe you get one game from the previous bundle though, not sure what this month's one was. Last month's was the Legend of grimrock 2.

I am probably gonna unsub, second month of the bundle and both times I have had every game in the bundle. Not giving out since they have been really good bundles but I just don't think it is worth it for me or anyone else with a huge game library.

i haven't really paid attention to what the story was with the monthly bundles and I didn't see anything about it on the dec bundle page

*shrug*

it's only 12 dollars a month, i can let it roll for a month or two. that stealth game looked great though :/

oh, and the game this month is payday 2. as evidenced by my latest post in the gaming freebies thread, if anyone wants it

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

On the upside I would say Banished and Rust at very least will be heavily discounted in the steam sales in a few weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

apparently I have.

Just signed up myself, was the first thing I saw.

ScottStorm wrote: »
    Just signed up myself, was the first thing I saw.

well you are just brilliant ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

well you are just brilliant ;)

Thanks, my ego needed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Reveal the Deep was just released and currently has 33% off it's tiny €0.99 price tag.

I snagged it because it already had good word of mouth, and for €0.66 I thought why not? Considering the price tag, and the fact that it's yet another pixelart puzzle platformer indie game, you might overlook it, or even think it's just a piece of shovelware. But it's a surprisingly good game, it's far better than the price tag would lead you to believe, and incredibly atmospheric. You play a deep sea diver exploring the the wreck of a sunken ship, the light from your helmet illuminates just what's infront of your character, everything else is obscured by darkness, the sound design is seriously oppressive, with the ship groaning and croaking. There's some interesting and clevel puzzles (especially the one with the crab), some great gameplay mechanics, and it's very spooky indeed. Just goes to show that even in an already very oversaturated market, you can still have a really good game that has a great concept and is well worth playing.

CM5LGUcWgAAiEEM.jpg

I was going to attempt a video review of this, but got stagefright when it came to recording. :o

But, suffice to say, this gets a big thumbs up. For the price, it's well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

i haven't really paid attention to what the story was with the monthly bundles and I didn't see anything about it on the dec bundle page

*shrug*

it's only 12 dollars a month, i can let it roll for a month or two. that stealth game looked great though :/

oh, and the game this month is payday 2. as evidenced by my latest post in the gaming freebies thread, if anyone wants it

Did you play R6 Siege with me tonight? STRELOK.V.A.N?

Did you play R6 Siege with me tonight? STRELOK.V.A.N?

nope.

strelok is from the stalker games, common enough name i'd imagine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Bundlestars have a Saints Row Vs. Metro bundle, both Metro Redux games, Saints Row IV GOTC, and Gat out of Hell. €20.99

Advertisement