Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Bundlestars: 41 games for €4.79

Includes a couple of games I was interested in getting such as Monstrum & Lichdom: Battlemage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Square Enix Mystery Box! 5 Games for €6.49

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Links234 wrote: »

LAst year and the year before games:

Square Enix Surprise Box 2014
    • Thief – The Master Thief Edition
    • The Last Remnant
    • Murdered: Soul Suspect
    • Lara Croft: Guardian of Light
    • Deus Ex – The Fall
    • Nosgoth Founders – Warlord Pack
    Surprise Box 2013
    • Tomb Raider
    • Just Cause 2
    • Hitman: Blood Money
    • Dungeon Siege 3

I'm not going for it, I already own quite a few Square Enix games (Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, Deus Ex, Last Remnant, Murdered: Soul Suspect), and the only one I really want for sure is Life is Strange, so it's not worth the risk. I'd probably hope to get that or Final Fantasy XIII out of it. But it might interest a lot of other folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm the same. I have everything, including FFXIII, and FFXIII-2, so nothing really jumps out at me. I don't own Murdered, but I finished it on the PS4 a while back so there's nothing really in their catalogue that appeals to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

My guess

Life is Strange
    FFXIII
    FFXIII-2
    Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
    5th game that's either terrible or so old everyone's played it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Cravez wrote: »

Includes a couple of games I was interested in getting such as Monstrum & Lichdom: Battlemage
    Bought it for that Flying Tigers game seeing as I have a HOTAS on the way, also a decent looking Tower Defence in there aswell. What are they doing offering Super 3-D Noah's Ark like its a real game though? That was random crapware back on the SNES.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure why not?
    Which reminds me, I need to cancel the humble monthly sub

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Cravez wrote: »

I actually bought that Lichdom game and I am playing it at the moment so this bundle is a great bargain

Worms Free

• Advertisement

Is it too soon for Life is Strange to be in that Square Enix box, I wonder.

Any NeoGeo fans
    https://www.humblebundle.com/

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is it too soon for Life is Strange to be in that Square Enix box, I wonder.

Any NeoGeo fans
    https://www.humblebundle.com/

I was thinking it would be in it. They just finished it up so the people who would have bought it at full price would mostly have it by now.

Unless they start repeating games then I don't think they really have much else to go in there.

My guess was definitely life is strange and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris.

I do remember they had Life is Strange episode 1 in the last box. And you can get 2-5 as a separate bundle on Steam. Though that would just be mean to people who didn't get the last one if they did that.

ShaneU wrote: »
    My guess

Life is Strange
    FFXIII
    FFXIII-2

If that was the case, I'd grab it no problem. But it's just too much of a risk considering how many of their games I already have, and don't want, eg Hitman series, Kane & Lynch. It'd be a good day for Boardsies in the freebies thread though. ;)

If that was the case, I'd grab it no problem. But it's just too much of a risk considering how many of their games I already have, and don't want, eg Hitman series, Kane & Lynch. It'd be a good day for Boardsies in the freebies thread though. ;)

Not a huge risk though for the price of 2 coffees and a scone :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone else having issues buying this? When selecting either Visa or PayPal, it brings me to a "page cannot be displayed" page.

Nm, worked on my phone. Just UPC being **** again i suppose.

Dead Bits Free Steam Game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Kiith wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues buying this? When selecting either Visa or PayPal, it brings me to a "page cannot be displayed" page.

Nm, worked on my phone. Just UPC being **** again i suppose.

Bundlestars site collapsed last night due to the volume of people trying to avail of the deal. There is a big thread on Reddit about it with one of their reps apologizing. I couldn't login at all last night and it was probably just as well as some people were charged multiple times for the bundle. It is all sorted this morning.

Aveyond: Gates of Night Free Steam key, FB required

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Oh now that Total War bundle is tempting....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 PapaSmirf

Total War bundle brought, played most of them apart from Napoleon and Rome 2. Should keep me going over Christmas and many months after.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Might just get it for Rome 2.

Anyone know how many keys it has, or is it a single key for the lot as a few bundles have been.

And might use that 66% off attila, anyone know if these discount can be used on games on sale. The humble store winter one isn't far off.

Varik wrote: »
    Might just get it for Rome 2.

Anyone know how many keys it has, or is it a single key for the lot as a few bundles have been.

And might use that 66% off attila, anyone know if these discount can be used on games on sale. The humble store winter one isn't far off.

Most keys lately have been singles, not combined. Not sure about this one.

I don't think it will work with sales. I had a 10% off voucher for anything on the store, and it wouldn't redeem on sale items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

One key for first tier.
    One key for Empire & Medieval.
    One key for Shogun 2.
    One key for Napoleon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

chrislad wrote: »
    Most keys lately have been singles, not combined. Not sure about this one.

I don't think it will work with sales. I had a 10% off voucher for anything on the store, and it wouldn't redeem on sale items.

That keeps it at €16 whereas it was 13.49 recently on steam and likely again during the sale.

Thought it was 60% off and not 66%

It's only a tiny amount but still better off just waiting for the Christmas sales.

One key for first tier.
    One key for Empire & Medieval.
    One key for Shogun 2.
    One key for Napoleon.

So for the main games

Med 2 + Shogun 1 + DLC for these
    Emp & med 1
    Shogun 2 + it's DLC
    Napoleon
    and likely separate for Rome 2 + it's DLC

Price wise it's worth it for Rome 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

My guess

Life is Strange
    FFXIII
    FFXIII-2

On the off chance of XIII / XIII-2 being there I jumped in on it.
    Never finished them on PS3 and the thoughts of turning on that console again make me shudder. PC version with some better gfx would be nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

My guess

Life is Strange
    FFXIII
    FFXIII-2

I'd be very surprised if a FF game is in the box. They've never put any of the FF in their previous boxes and FFXIII & FFXIII-2 have never been more than 50% off on Steam - which is more than the cost of the box.

I expect Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris to be in the box but I'm not sure what else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd be surprised if FF13 isn't in it to be honest. It'd be a great way to get people into the series, and anyone who really wanted it has already bought it. So give the first part, get them hooked, and they'll go buy the 2nd and 3rd parts.

• Advertisement

They probably won't want to play the 2nd and 3rd parts after the first one though. I've been struggling to get through it for a good while now, nearly since launch on the PS3 (I did restart it on the PC, and about 10 hours in, I made it about 20 on the PS3)

Advertisement