Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

A new bundle that'll run for a fortnight will be announced every week is what I got from it :confused:

Yes. That's it exactly. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Is that new?

Yes, as of a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Let me play Devils advocate her but hasn't the weekly humble bundle taken a nose dive in quality this past year?

They're probably more interested in the monthly bundle. I've already paid to get South Park and This War Of Mine. I fully expect the rest of the games to be rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Let me play Devils advocate

is that in the bundle?

By the way, Sega Publisher Weekend on Steam.

If you don't have Valkyria Chronicles, it's a good chance to grab Valkyria Chronicles at 75% off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Just got a Steam account there with the intention of playing Napoleon Total War which had been gathering dust.

Being a massive Rome total war fan. I came across this.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/51362/

75 % off every total war title plus DLC up to even Attila Total war.

The Grand master collection which includes Rome TW 1/Alexander, Rome TW 2, Shogun 2, Shogun 2 : Fall of the Samurai, Medieval TW 2, Empire TW, Napoleon TW, Viing : Asgard. Even the DLC's have been slashed down to even 60 cent a piece.

I'm after adding this and Attila Total War, plus most of the DLC content for Rome TW 2, Attila, Empire, Napoleon, Medieval 2 Kingdoms etc.

€ 78 altogether so far. Absolute steal for the sheer amount of content. A must if you're a Total War series fan.

Sale ends Monday the 14th March Pacific Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Just got a Steam account there with the intention of playing Napoleon Total War which had been gathering dust.

Being a massive Rome total war fan. I came across this.

75 % off every total war title plus DLC up to even Attila Total war.

The Grand master collection which includes Rome TW 1/Alexander, Rome TW 2, Shogun 2, Shogun 2 : Fall of the Samurai, Medieval TW 2, Empire TW, Napoleon TW, Viing : Asgard. Even the DLC's have been slashed down to even 60 cent a piece.

I'm after adding this and Attila Total War, plus most of the DLC content for Rome TW 2, Attila, Empire, Napoleon, Medieval 2 Kingdoms etc.

€ 78 altogether so far. Absolute steal for the sheer amount of content. A must if you're a Total War series fan.

Sale ends Monday the 14th March Pacific Time.

How much is that collection? I'm in US land at the moment, its $29.99 which looks decent

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

lmimmfn wrote: »
    How much is that collection? I'm in US land at the moment, its $29.99 which looks decent

€27 for the master collection. You'll see the list if games included when you open the link. Browse to each game and have a look at any dlc you might be interested in too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Free DLC for DOW2 Retribution today, years after its release :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ED E wrote: »
    Free DLC for DOW2 Retribution today, years after its release :)

Not sure if it's the same DLC but they gave another one free for their yearly valentine's event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Square Enix Easter Surprise Box 2016 €6.49
    https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_europe/games/pc-windows-download/Easter-Surprise-Box-2016.php#

Contains 5 games and is revealed on 21/03/2016 so has to be pre-ordered by the previous day.

This is what was in the previous boxes so you can probably rule out all these games:

2013 Christmas
    * Just Cause 2
    * Hitman: Blood Money
    * Tomb Raider
    * Dungeon Siege III
    * discount voucher

2014 Christmas Box
    * Thief - The Master Thief Edition
    * The Last Remnant
    * Murdered: Soul Suspect
    * Lara Croft: Guardian of Light
    * Deus Ex – The Fall
    * Nosgoth Founders - Warlord Pack
    * discount vouchers

2015 Easter Box
    * Life is Strange Episode 1
    * Just Cause collection
    * Hitman Absolution Elite Edition
    * Deus Ex GOTY edition

2015 Christmas Box
    * Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
    * Thief
    * Final Fantasy XIII
    * Life is Strange Episode 1
    * Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
    * discount vouchers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Dragon Age:Inquisition-€7.50

Cheapest ive seen this.

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/dragon-age-inquisition-pc-cd-key-origin

Lads, can we keep it to bargains only please

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Moved some off topic chat there.

might interest some sado masochists but Uplay are having a sale

Links234 wrote: »
    Humble Jumbo Bundle 6

Tier1:
    Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
    Shadowrun Chronicles - Boston Lockdown
    WARMACHINE Tactics - Standard Edition + Mercenaries Faction Bundle

Tier2:
    Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
    Dreamfall Chapters
    Magicka 2
    +more coming soon

Tier3:
    Grey Goo Definitive Edition

Jumping back a week, nothing really seems to stand out with this one. Any "must haves" that I'm not noticing?

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Jumping back a week, nothing really seems to stand out with this one. Any "must haves" that I'm not noticing?

I thought it was worth it just for Grey Goo personally, gave away most everything else because I got a few games I really wanted from other boardsies and like to keep the good karma round these parts rolling. ;)

Links234 wrote: »
    I thought it was worth it just for Grey Goo personally, gave away most everything else because I got a few games I really wanted from other boardsies and like to keep the good karma round these parts rolling. ;)

Yeah, according to TB:
    "A slower paced, accessible RTS in the classic 90s style. An all-round polished experience by veterans of the genre."
    Which means I could just finally get SC2's complete pack at this point. Think we'll pass. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Something annoying just happened to me while buying something on Humble Bundle's website. I went to get the Jumbo 6 bundle and pay the $12, confirmed my PayPal account etc. (I've bought from here before a couple of times so there's never an issue) but then it froze on the 'processing payment' part, Chrome gave me no choice but to "Kill Page" so I went to check my account to see if it went through.

Nothing in my purchase history.

Nothing in my Paypal transactions.

But AIB took the money out of my account, saying "PAYPAL *HUMBLEBUND" and charging me the $12 equivalent.

Who do I contact about this? AIB, Paypal, or HB? If it's HumbleBundle I have to contact, it states on their website they take about 5 working days to get back to you....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Id say definitely Paypal, they have the final say on if the money goes back into your account whenever you meet a dodgy seller on Ebay or a Chinese site etc, they're pretty slick when it comes to sorting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

PayPal will sort it but I'm sure HumbleBundle would get it either if it's handier to wait for them

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You could wait a couple of days. Happened to me recently where I purchased something and the money was seemingly taken from my account, but for some reason the order didn't go through and the money was actually just earmarked and I got it back. Same when a problem occurs at an ATM. Was the transaction in your bank account pending or completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Your requested copy of Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition

Due to limited stock and unprecedented demand you have not been successful in your application for a Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition download key.

But there is still some good news!

We really appreciate you taking the time to visit us and, because we don’t want anyone to leave the Golden Joystick Store empty-handed, we’re giving you a free three month subscription to the digital edition of the brilliant PC Gamer magazine.

To claim your free subscription, simply select your region by clicking the button below and use your unique code at the checkout

Your unique code for PC Gamer is:

Well, that's bullsh*t...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

d31b0y wrote: »
    Well, that's bullsh*t...

Did anyone get their copy? I'm still waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

There's quite a backlash against Golden Joystick for pulling this stunt.

Redditors are not happy, calling it a 'bait and switch'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 SparklesBlood

I got that same email, I'm pretty curious to find out if anyone got a copy or if everyone got the email, pretty low if they're playing that on people.

Advertisement