Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

No game here either 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That's really scummy, you don't offer a game as famous as Dark Souls and then pretend to be surprised there was demand, also a first year website design student could have added a counter that ended the offer when they ran out of keys, it was obviously deliberate...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Thargor wrote: »
    That's really scummy, you don't offer a game as famous as Dark Souls and then pretend to be surprised there was demand, also a first year website design student could have added a counter that ended the offer when they ran out of keys, it was obviously deliberate...

Scumbag move trying to get more email addresses for their database and get everyone on a subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SparklesBlood

Scumbag move trying to get more email addresses for their database and get everyone on a subscription.

Until we all realise what they're up to and spam folder them lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,185 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Until we all realise what they're up to and spam folder them lol
    That's where my magazine coupon was :) Never made it to my inbox either.

I've Darksouls on Xbox 360 already (from GWG), but it would've been nice to have it on PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Id say definitely Paypal, they have the final say on if the money goes back into your account whenever you meet a dodgy seller on Ebay or a Chinese site etc, they're pretty slick when it comes to sorting stuff.
    PayPal will sort it but I'm sure HumbleBundle would get it either if it's handier to wait for them
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    You could wait a couple of days. Happened to me recently where I purchased something and the money was seemingly taken from my account, but for some reason the order didn't go through and the money was actually just earmarked and I got it back. Same when a problem occurs at an ATM. Was the transaction in your bank account pending or completed?

Sorry lads I didn't get back to ye. I sorted it within the 24 hours, it was a Paypal issue - apparently they were having issues with processing payments.

I got my bundle in the end.

Sorry for dragging the topic away as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hey folks! If like me, you had been waiting for Borderlands the Pre-Sequel to come down in price, good news! If you already own 1 & 2 then you get a big discount on the Borderlands Triple Pack, so it works out under a fiver!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Links234 wrote: »
    Hey folks! If like me, you had been waiting for Borderlands the Pre-Sequel to come down in price, good news! If you already own 1 & 2 then you get a big discount on the Borderlands Triple Pack, so it works out under a fiver!

Its not very good in fairness, DLC is a bit pants too.

Wouldnt recomend the game really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

dreamers75 wrote: »

Agree. Couldn't be bothered finishing it and I was playing in in co op too so I can imagine how boring it would be in single player.

I heard alright that it was disappointing hence why I waited to get it cheaply :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Brilliant game and so is the single claptrap DLC.

I don't know what game you were playing I found it to be similar to the previous two, with a small twist like jumping higher due to gravity and then ground slam. It is actually more difficult than previous games especially the last few bosses.

Claptrap DLC was very good I thought the way you go into claptraps memory and play bits of levels of the first game.

I couldnt be bothered finishing it, never thought Id say that about Borderlands but it was very dull.

I couldnt be bothered finishing it, never thought Id say that about Borderlands but it was very dull.

I would recommend you go back and try to finish it very good game, if kinda difficult at the end.

Nah, unless I find someone to co-op it with me but thats unlikely, it was just completely lacking in areas that made you say "holy ****" like Caustic Caverns and other places in 2, it was just a boring drive from A-Z killing the same enemies over and over again, nowhere near enough different enemy types was probably my main problem.

Nah, unless I find someone to co-op it with me but thats unlikely, it was just completely lacking in areas that made you say "holy ****" like Caustic Caverns and other places in 2, it was just a boring drive from A-Z killing the same enemies over and over again, nowhere near enough different enemy types was probably my main problem.

There was near the end you fights these super alien type dudes and then a few on the way up to top of structure who you think were boses but weren't then you fight the real boss. And you think game is finished there but it's not. Then at the end of game you fight this really powerful boss that is difficult. And you eventually kill him and no he changes shape and then you have to do it all again.

I completed it twice and all the DLC, its obvious it wasnt made by the normal BL team.

Its just a bit meh.

I completed it twice and all the DLC, its obvious it wasnt made by the normal BL team.

Its just a bit meh.

Its just a bit meh.

So did I as I found it very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I broke and preordered the Square Enix box, though dunno what it could be this time. Life is Strange Episode 1 again? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,190 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Registration or Facebook are just an option. If you click Facebook and close the window, the download link will still appear.

After you activate it with the information is contained in the readme.txt

Action! 1.30 Free on Giveawayoftheday
    Action! is currently the most popular gameplay and screen recording software available on the market. It's amazing recording performance has been noticed by many popular YouTube content creators and gamers. Action! allows to record superb high quality video content from games and Windows desktop. It also allows to stream gameplays to popular websites like Twitch.tv or YouTube. With Remote Action feature you can remotely access your PC and play PC games with Android devices.
    -Registration name: Action Giveaway of the Day
    -Registration key: 5jkA2-LeXcp-EsJfk-x4pI@-oTEi3-qz2zt

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I broke and preordered the Square Enix box, though dunno what it could be this time. Life is Strange Episode 1 again? :)

Apparently:
    Final Fantasy VIII
    Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Quantum Conundrum
    Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Apparently:

If I had known it was going to include two final fantasy games I probably would have bought it. Hate this mystery box shíte

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Oh **** you square enix, the only game i don't own in one form or another is Quantum Conundrum

I made a guess that they'd include some Final Fantasy titles, fully expected XIII-2, so grabbed it on the strength of that. I never finished VIII back in the day. I'm also tempted to upgrade from the regular edition of Sleeping Dogs.

Lemme know if anyone wants those 20% off vouchers for Just Cause 3 and Rise of the Tomb Raider

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Oh **** you square enix, the only game i don't own in one form or another is Quantum Conundrum

If you buy blindbag GAMES from a SINGLE PUBLISHER with a LIMITED PC LIBRARY, you get what you deserve IMO. :pac:

I've been pretty pleased with the Square Enix mystery boxes, maybe it's because there's a limited PC library I feel I'm making less of a gamble and can make a somewhat educated guess on the content. I was kinda half expecting another Life is Strange Episode 1 key though, which I had intended to give to a friend as a little easter surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

GoG insomnia sale has started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Burgo wrote:
    GoG insomnia sale has started.

How long does a GoG insomnia sale usually last?

I read in the FAQs that they keep going until they run out of copies, but how long is that likely to last?

• Advertisement

Word to the wise, that Sleeping Dogs key is NOT for the Definitive Edition, seems to be an older 'digital deluxe' edition. This might be a mistake so you might want to wait before redeeming that key

This is only some keys, reportedly.

Advertisement