Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Indiegala has an Easter Sale, and if you spend €2 you get a key for One Finger Death Punch, which is absotively amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Links234 wrote: »
    Word to the wise, that Sleeping Dogs key is NOT for the Definitive Edition, seems to be an older 'digital deluxe' edition. This might be a mistake so you might want to wait before redeeming that key

The standard game has been unavailable on Steam ever since the Definitive Edition came out afaik, so these keys must be ancient. Bit ****ty of SE so.

Dair76 wrote: »
    Bit ****ty of SE so.

Seems to have been a mistake that's only affected some poeple, they also mixed up the keys for Quantum Conundrum and Deus Ex for some people. I redeemed Quantum Conundrum fine, so went on to redeem Sleeping Dogs and it was the Definitite Edition. People who've been sent the key for the older version can open a ticket with Square Enix and they'll get a replacement key.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

SD is a very good game, SD DE is a much, much better game.

Really has enjoyable combat mechanics, a tip I would give is always ensure your fights are in the centre of the room and use the enviroment at every possible opportunity.There is no counters to spam like Batman.

DE gives you this DLC costume.....I wore it for almost the entire game and made gestures like the below when fighting everyone.

IIqS9FGwgpI4w.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

No Rome 2? Strange.

Wright wrote: »
    No Rome 2? Strange.

I guess they didn't want too much overlap with the Total War bundle?

As an aside, girlfriend wanted to give Sleeping Dogs a go, so if you can forgive the cheekiness, anyone got a spare key to throw her way?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was looking at getting Trine 3 and Steam have a strange offer
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/319910/

On its own it's €21.99 but the Frozenbyte bundle, including Trine 3 is only €8.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

For anyone thinking of getting this bundle for a few titles and then gifting the rest, be warned - there are only three keys, one for each price tier. Boo-urns.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

I guess they didn't want too much overlap with the Total War bundle?
    Shogun, over Rome, at this point?

Maybe it'll be in next month's monthly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

**** sake, bought the total war bundle and then got the Attila with the voucher. Just started playing Atilla recently as well.

Not sure if I should get these now, so many unclaimed Sega keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thinking about doing it just for the COH2 Master pack...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Will probably get it just for Attila and the 66% off FM2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Dair76 wrote: »
    For anyone thinking of getting this bundle for a few titles and then gifting the rest, be warned - there are only three keys, one for each price tier. Boo-urns.

Damn, thanks for the tip, I was thinking about beating the average for Valkyria Chronicle then gifting away the rest because there's a lot of overlap with my library. Not sure what to do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

see if anyone else wants to swap a tier with you maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

How's the gifting work for humble, anyway to securely trade?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Varik wrote: »
    How's the gifting work for humble, anyway to securely trade?

You can normally generate an email'd link for the receiver IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

66% off football manager 2016 is not that bad at all (Humble bundle)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Shane_ef wrote: »
    66% off football manager 2016 is not that bad at all (Humble bundle)

I got the second tier but have no interest in the 66% off coupon. Is it possible to gift that to you or is it linked to my account?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I got the second tier but have no interest in the 66% off coupon. Is it possible to gift that to you or is it linked to my account?

If you redeem the coupon, you can. I tried buying it there and it gave me the option of selecting it as a gift purchase (my card was declined so I can't be 100% sure). I guess they send you a gift link to the game, which you could send on to someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Edit
    What Dave said

Lords of the Fallen for €3.99

• Registered Users Posts: 8,525 ✭✭✭brevity

Been a while since I've been PC Gaming and just to be sure I'm not making a mess of things, is this a good deal?

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-pc-cd-key

The Witcher 3 for 16.99 from CD Keys for GoG...

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Yes it is

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That was worth it just to get One Finger Death Punch. What a brilliant game. :)

brevity wrote: »
    Been a while since I've been PC Gaming and just to be sure I'm not making a mess of things, is this a good deal?

Those key resellers, such as cdkeys, are not official and you are taking a risk buying from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Those key resellers, such as cdkeys, are not official and you are taking a risk buying from them.

Non with GOG once it's downloaded, though I do agree

Mr E wrote: »
    That was worth it just to get One Finger Death Punch. What a brilliant game. :)

It's basically Donnie Yen Simulator. :D
    Non with GOG once it's downloaded, though I do agree

It's still extremely dodgy. Here is something well worth reading, as is this. I've had a couple of friends who've had games they bought through these sites revoked on their Steam accounts, and someone here was recently stung by one of those sites as well.

I know people have bought games from them no problem, but you really are taking a risk.

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/466577590606520320

Sorry if I keep banging on about it, but it needs to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,525 ✭✭✭brevity

Eeek...well it's bought, downloaded and installed. Hopefully everything is legit.

• Advertisement

brevity wrote: »
    Hopefully everything is legit.

Seeing as €29.99 is the cheapest even GOG themselves have sold it for, I'd kinda doubt it was a key that was obtained legally.

Advertisement