Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Links234 wrote: »
    Seeing as €29.99 is the cheapest even GOG themselves have sold it for, I'd kinda doubt it was a key that was obtained legally.

Does policing the sale of these cheap keys and grey sites not fall to the publisher and developers? Selling keys in bulk to credit cards seems to me to be extremely dodgy practice in the first place(usually I never buy 1000 copies of the same games) and then complain when the credit cards are stolen? If they want to stamp out the use of stolen credit cards buying game keys why don't they refuse to sell more than 5 copies of a game to a single card? When they find games are bought on a stolen card blacklist the keys right away, if the keys were blacklisted the end user would lose their game can lodge a disputed on paypal, credit card or whatever get their money back and the only loser is the middle man who committed the fraud in the first place?
    As the articles listed also said many keys are bought legitimately through bundles etc and reselling something you bought and own is legal

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Seeing as €29.99 is the cheapest even GOG themselves have sold it for, I'd kinda doubt it was a key that was obtained legally.

cdkeys usually get their games from other regions' (where it is cheaper) physical copies, they strip out the code and that's what they sell to people. The keys are obtained legally and they don't do anything with stolen credit cards. They're grey market as some publishers don't like people selling out of region keys or keys taken from physical copies.

G2A don't really sell keys themselves, they are a marketplace (like ebay) that is open to anybody - including you. People that have sold on that marketplace have obtained keys illegally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

abbir wrote: »
    cdkeys usually get their games from other regions' (where it is cheaper) physical copies, they strip out the code and that's what they sell to people. The keys are obtained legally and they don't do anything with stolen credit cards. They're grey market as some publishers don't like people selling out of region keys or keys taken from physical copies.

G2A don't really sell keys themselves, they are a marketplace (like ebay) that is open to anybody - including you. People that have sold on that marketplace have obtained keys illegally.

This.

I sell a few hundred keys on G2A every month and I can guarantee you that I do not source games in an illegal way. Of course there are some bad apples though and it does happen that keys are revoked (Happened myself with unity a year or so ago which was reinstated after a while) but I have saved thousands of euros so the pros more than outweigh the cons.

Everyone to their own though.

Though usually I would buy gog games at the source as they do not play games like other publishers do with unsavory regional price practices.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

when you say you sell a couple of hundreds a month do you mean of the same game or different games?
    the reason I ask is that I have at least 1100 keys that I don't want and Steamgifts is too time intensive so I would like to sell in bulk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Skerries wrote: »
    when you say you sell a couple of hundreds a month do you mean of the same game or different games?
    the reason I ask is that I have at least 1100 keys that I don't want and Steamgifts is too time intensive so I would like to sell in bulk

Different games, you need to sell for a very low price though if you are just starting off since you will have no ratings and people will buy from the guys with 50k+ good ratings instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Completely forgot that the Humble Monthly was auto renewed, I've payed early for any one before this!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

PSA, no new Humble Bundle this week.

https://twitter.com/humble/status/714865447091372033

Go play the games you already own!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Go play the games you already own!

Now that's just crazy talk!

Life is Strange Complete eps 1-5 €11.99
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ie/en/pc/games/action/life-strange-complete-season-episodes-1-5/

Season Pass Eps 2-5 for those of us who have episode 1 €10.19
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ie/en/pc/games/action/life-strange-season-pass-episodes-2-5/

GMG also have 20% purchases over €10 so get more off the above prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    UPDATE March 29 830 PM PT: Due to overwhelming demand, we have exceeded our expectations for the 20 Year Tomb Raider donation site and WE ARE CURRENTLY OUT OF Tomb Raider codes. We are working with our partners to try and get some more codes for tomorrow Weds 3/30. Until otherwise noted, any future donations on this site (after 830 PM PT) will not receive a Tomb Raider code. $20 and $50 rewards are still available. Apologies for any inconvenience, and THANK YOU to all of the generous donors who supported our 20 Year Celebration of Tomb Raider event!

Missed it :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

d31b0y wrote: »
    Missed it :(

I recommend playing the graphically far superior definitive edition on PS4 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Wright wrote: »
    I recommend playing the graphically far superior definitive edition on PS4 anyway.

Ok, I will just go out and buy it and a PS4... :rolleyes:

Tomb Raider looked great on PC

I assumed that was sarcasm?

Tomb Raider looked great on PC

It looked OK I suppose. Graphics whore that I am I always need the best though.

sarcasm.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Lets keep the chat to a minimum folks.

Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain ~€15.15

delivery charges are about €5 so Parcel Motel might be better

• Advertisement

Ryse worth a fiver?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ryse worth a fiver?

Eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Ryse worth a fiver?

That deal is gone now - if it's the Steam sale you were looking at. I'd say it's still sitting pretty cheap somewhere though

EDIT: I'm 100% wrong, it's still there.

There until 6pm tomorrow
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/302510/

Just got moved from the feature slot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

There until 6pm tomorrow
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/302510/

Just got moved from the feature slot

I do apologize for my idiocy I should've searched for it and checked. I stand corrected. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain ~€15.15

delivery charges are about €5 so Parcel Motel might be better

I only see it for 25 pound?
    Maybe I'm missing something...

it was £13 earlier, must have expired or misprice

Ryse worth a fiver?

Yeah it's not bad if you like the Batman/Mad Max/Shadow of Mordor type games and the co-op mode is fun

Last day of the Green Man Spring Sale if anyone's interested.

• Advertisement

Bought Life is Strange from there

Advertisement