Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Links234 wrote: »
    Last day of the Green Man Spring Sale if anyone's interested.

Good sale, some cool stuff in there.

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth that Warner Bros have sales on two different SKUs of PC Mortal Kombat X, even though they've abandoned development on it and it won't be receiving any of the new content being released on consoles.

Buyers beware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition - €4.99

On sale because they just released the Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Expansion

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Saw those last night. Sorry but those fonts are awful. The only reason for buying is to support charity. :)

Zillions of free ones here: http://www.dafont.com/

I think someone missed an obvious April Fools! :p

• Advertisement

Gaaaaaaaaah! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Humble flaked out hard on this months bundle IMO, nothing but indie games I'll never play. South Park and War of Mine are the only decent ones IMO, and thankfully have little interest in Mad Max so I won't be renewing again. It wasn't bad for the two months I payed for though; ARK, I am Bread, Wasteland, South Park and War of Mine and Grav I suppose are decent titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Wright wrote: »
    Humble flaked out hard on this months bundle IMO, nothing but indie games I'll never play. South Park and War of Mine are the only decent ones IMO, and thankfully have little interest in Mad Max so I won't be renewing again. It wasn't bad for the two months I payed for though; ARK, I am Bread, Wasteland, South Park and War of Mine and Grav I suppose are decent titles.

Mad Max is actually very good, and if you like open world games, it's well worth the asking price of new months. I have it already though, so I'm working if I'll bother keeping it up. I can't say I was too impressed this month, and I don't think I've fully played any game I've gotten from them yet.

chrislad wrote: »
    Mad Max is actually very good, and if you like open world games, it's well worth the asking price of new months. I have it already though, so I'm working if I'll bother keeping it up. I can't say I was too impressed this month, and I don't think I've fully played any game I've gotten from them yet.

I don't think anything open world will touch Shadow of Mordor for a while, for me personally. Open world done beautifully, that game. Loved the persistent feel of everything.

This month is worth it just for South Park and/or This War of Mine, two of the best games of the past few years and next months is already worth it for Mad Max alone. Sure owning all three titles already makes me feel a little hard done by but that's one of the risks you take with a service like this. At least I'll be able to trade them or gift them to someone and I'll still happily keep up my sub.

• Advertisement

I already have South Park, and there is a disclaimer on the Humble Monthly page that says you can't gift games that you already own. I don't have a gift option for that game.

This month is worth it just for South Park and/or This War of Mine, two of the best games of the past few years and next months is already worth it for Mad Max alone. Sure owning all three titles already makes me feel a little hard done by but that's one of the risks you take with a service like this. At least I'll be able to trade them or gift them to someone and I'll still happily keep up my sub.

I agree. South Park and This War of Mine were always going to be the biggies. I didn't own either nor did I have Nuclear Throne (seems to have a lot of good reviews) so am quite pleased. It was worth $12 for those three.

I don't know about the rest of the games. Didn't have any of them but I looked at the number and quality of reviews on Steam and they don't have many.

Mr E wrote: »
    I already have South Park, and there is a disclaimer on the Humble Monthly page that says you can't gift games that you already own. I don't have a gift option for that game.

Looking there and South Park is the only Monthly game that does not have the gift to a friend option. Every other game this month and previous has the option.

I agree. South Park and This War of Mine were always going to be the biggies.

Why? That wasn't the case for the last bundle, both parts were very decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Looking there and South Park is the only Monthly game that does not have the gift to a friend option. Every other game this month and previous has the option.

According to Reddit there should be a gift link for South Park on the keys page. I had redeemed it myself already so I can't check.

Why? That wasn't the case for the last bundle, both parts were very decent.

Last month they only had one game, Ark Survival Evolved, as the early reveal. The rest were generally decent but not spectacular games. In my opinion the budget this month went on South Park and This War of Mine! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Doge

Dirt Rally is down to £23 on the codemasters store:

https://store.codemasters.com/uk/product/284476/dirt-rally

Last month they only had one game, Ark Survival Evolved, as the early reveal.

But there were 2 or 3 decent games in the bundle as well. And Wasteland 2 is still pretty expensive.

I don't think there's any correlation.

Humble Staff Picks Bundle

Tier 1

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
    Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
    Ultimate General: Gettysburg

BTA:

Tropico 5
    GRAV (Early Access)
    Victor Vran
    + More games coming soon!

$12 or more:
    Homeworld Remastered Collection

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sweet! Never played Homeworld and have been meaning to give it a go for a while now.

• Advertisement

I'm tempted to get this just for Victor Vran, but I got some of the other stuff already, so I may wait and see what's the additional games next week.

Definitely in for Brothers, will see what else comes in the bta tier, might jump in all the way for Homeworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is the "+ More games coming soon!" always listed when it's a possibility, held off on the sega deal as the only thing I wanted was on the $1 level to see if anything else would be added and then forgot about it.

Varik wrote: »
    Is the "+ More games coming soon!" always listed when it's a possibility, held off on the sega deal as the only thing I wanted was on the $1 level to see if anything less and then forgot about it.

Yes, that's always listed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Chivalry is a great first person hack and slasher, totally worth a dollar

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The more I look at that Monthly Humble Bundle, the more I like it. Looks like they really do give you nice value.

So If I sub now, I get Mad Max, South park and War of mine?

The more I look at that Monthly Humble Bundle, the more I like it. Looks like they really do give you nice value.

So If I sub now, I get Mad Max, South park and War of mine?

No, you just get Mad Max. South Park and War of Mine were last months games. If you didn't sign up before last month, you can't get the bundle. Same with Mad Max. Don't sign up before the end of April, and you can't get that bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

chrislad wrote: »
    No, you just get Mad Max. South Park and War of Mine were last months games. If you didn't sign up before last month, you can't get the bundle. Same with Mad Max. Don't sign up before the end of April, and you can't get that bundle.

Yeah, I just sow timer, I was late.

So Mas Max is one of the two games? Or you get it now if you sign up and then 2 more games? I think they did that with Ark survival.

Yeah, I just sow timer, I was late.

So Mas Max is one of the two games? Or you get it now if you sign up and then 2 more games? I think they did that with Ark survival.

You'll get more than 2. There's normally 6 games or so. Normally, one big one, and a couple of medium costs with some low cost indies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Skerries wrote: »
    Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain ~€15.15

delivery charges are about €5 so Parcel Motel might be better

it's back at this price again

Advertisement