Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Many hackers without free weekend, their anti cheat is by far the worst in the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Played 150 hours of Siege and encountered maybe one or 2 hackers. Find people who die in that game view the kill cam as some sort of gospel and cry hacker at everyone that kills them. I have been accused of hacking loads of times simply because I heard them and fired before they turned a corner.

I find Ubis stance on hacking to be laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Played 150 hours of Siege and encountered maybe one or 2 hackers. Find people who die in that game view the kill cam as some sort of gospel and cry hacker at everyone that kills them. I have been accused of hacking loads of times simply because I heard them and fired before they turned a corner.

Step into ranked my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

dreamers75 wrote: »

cant tell you how many times I've been lying down behind a wall, preaiming a door/window to be shot from outside the house or another room through the wall to kill me.

Its an great game, when theirs no hackers, but I have it uninstalled now due to how many of them their is.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I haven't played Siege but I have seen streams of it being played and while I've no doubt they are hackers in the game (every game has them). Every occasion on the streams I saw that ended up with accusations of hackers most likely wasn't. Just because you think people shouldn't be able to see you doesn't mean they can't shoot you. If you know of a regular defensive position on a map then getting a teammate to cover you while you pop off some blindfire shots can make a huge difference. In the old rainbow six games the way to negate this was relocate the hostage a bit. Better situational awareness and playing the percentages can easily explain many accusations of hacking.

• Advertisement

Sound plays a bigger part in Siege than anything else, I am sure there are hackers but it has not been a problem for me with 1 or 2 exceptions.

People forget you can actually hear exactly where someone is either above and below and you can shoot tru almost anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Decent bundle on Bundlestars at the moment.

3 Giana Sisters games, Year Walk, Contagion, Distraint, Dust Force DX and some others for €1.99.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/all-stars-6-bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Mr E wrote: »
    Decent bundle on Bundlestars at the moment.

3 Giana Sisters games, Year Walk, Contagion, Distraint, Dust Force DX and some others for €1.99.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/all-stars-6-bundle

That seems good. I've heard someone recommend Year Walk before as well. No idea how many of the other games I own.

Not sure if this is a really stupid question but how do I check what games are in my steam library without any access to my PC client?

(recently moved house, PC still packed up, no internet etc etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xxxxxxxxx/games/?tab=all (where xxxxxxxxx = your steam ID)

You'll need to log in...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

That seems good. I've heard someone recommend Year Walk before as well. No idea how many of the other games I own.

Not sure if this is a really stupid question but how do I check what games are in my steam library without any access to my PC client?

Steam app on your phone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Humble Devolver Bundle

A Fistful of Gun
    RONIN
    Gods Will Be Watching

NOT A HERO
    Shadow Warrior Special Edition
    Dropsy
    50% off Talos Principle
    +More added soon

Titan Souls
    Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Links234 wrote: »
    Humble Devolver Bundle

A Fistful of Gun
    RONIN
    Gods Will Be Watching

NOT A HERO
    Shadow Warrior Special Edition
    Dropsy
    50% off Talos Principle
    +More added soon

Titan Souls
    Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star

FYP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

I'd also recommend enhanced steam, it will tell you if you already have a game via the steam store in the browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

gazzamc wrote: »
    I'd also recommend enhanced steam, it will tell you if you already have a game via the steam store in the browser.

That still work for you?

It stopped working for me a few firefox versions ago, as it hadn't been updated in so long by the dev :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

marcbrophy wrote: »
    That still work for you?

It stopped working for me a few firefox versions ago, as it hadn't been updated in so long by the dev :(

don't know about FF but it works in Chrome for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I hate to run this off-topic point into the ground, but do any of these non-steam-PC-client solutions allow you to redeem keys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

AFAIK, not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Skerries wrote: »
    don't know about FF but it works in Chrome for me

I checked out the official site and support was dropped for FF over a year ago, so I'll install the Chrome extension later. I loved that add-on, it'll be nice to have it back :)

http://www.enhancedsteam.com/blog/support-ending-for-firefox-browsers/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Rocket League free weekend. May give it a go myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Do, it's a fantastic game. If you can get 2 more mates and hope on teamspeak or the like it can be absolutely hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Have it on console but been wanting to try it on PC...those of you that have it, is a controller absolutely necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Have it on console but been wanting to try it on PC...those of you that have it, is a controller absolutely necessary?

Not necessary but I prefer it. I played about 60 hours on keyboard and 20 on controller and the control is better for aerials and the like

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You need to buy it. I'm at 170 hours on the thing. It's amazing.

marko93 wrote: »
    Do, it's a fantastic game. If you can get 2 more mates and hope on teamspeak or the like it can be absolutely hilarious.

Do that and add in alcohol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Rocket League great craic so far!! Easy to run and probably worth the tenner or whatever once the weekend is over! Who needs study!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Rocket League is a boring, repetitive, overrated sh1theap of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Thargor wrote: »
    Rocket League is a boring, repetitive, overrated sh1theap of a game.

This isn't the post here if you hate fun thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Do you lads play together? Looking for something throwaway to have a laugh with in between bouts of Fallout 4, Rocket League always looked amazing but never got around to playing it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

marko93 wrote: »
    seems decent game to try out to pass time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

System Shock 2 is 75% off at €2.50 on steam. Still worth playing if you haven't. Looks dated but still an epic game.

Advertisement