Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Skerries wrote: »
    Risen 3: Titan Lords €4.99

is this worth buying?

Ever played the old Gothic games? It's made by the same developers, and I've been told if you liked Gothic 1 and 2, the Risen series would be a good successor.

I have the first 2 Risen games from a bundle my girlfriend bought me ages ago, never played them. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Skerries wrote: »
    Risen 3: Titan Lords €4.99

is this worth buying?
    very much like gothic - think once they moved on from gothic,risen was chosen,very similar game-play graphics was way better then previous gothic games - but at the time even G2 looked amazing,not so much watching trailer now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Steam Weekend Sales

Dead Island Collection - 80% off €29.99 €5.99
    Zombie Army Trilogy - 80% off €41.99 €8.39

Humble Spring Sale

Some pretty good deals ;)

• Advertisement

Latest Humble Monthly is out: Mad Max, Jumpjet Rex, Infinifactory, Crawl, Franbow, Galak-Z, Gunmetal Arcadia Zero, 1993 Space Machine, New & Tasty Oddworld.

My initial impression is that they're all a bit rubbish except for Mad Max.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭DublinBust

Thank god I cancelled. Got the two decent months (ARK and South Park) and ran ha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Pile of crap this month. Abes Odyssey might be a good trip down memory lane but the rest is tripe.

I certainly wouldn't call it a pile of crap, not by a long shot, even the games I'm not interested in at all are pretty highly rated on Steam, it's just pretty heavily weighted towards retro games this month it seems. If you're not into that, it's probably disappointing, but hardly crap.

Links234 wrote: »
    I certainly wouldn't call it a pile of crap, not by a long shot, even the games I'm not interested in at all are pretty highly rated on Steam, it's just pretty heavily weighted towards retro games this month it seems. If you're not into that, it's probably disappointing, but hardly crap.

I respectfully disagree. :P

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote: »
    I respectfully disagree. :P

How so? I think out of the bundle, Mad Max, Crawl, Fran Bow, and Infinifactory are of particular interest to me, maybe Oddworld, the rest not so much. That's a pretty decent bunch. I'm not amazed mind you, but I'm not disappointed either.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It was worth a tenner for mad max. Everything else is a bonus.

Same next month. Worth a tenner for rocket league. Everything else is a bonus.

Having said that, the games this month look great (now that I've watched the trailers!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Next month's bundle is €10 with guaranteed rocket league?? Gonna pick that up if so

How so? I think out of the bundle, Mad Max, Crawl, Fran Bow, and Infinifactory are of particular interest to me, maybe Oddworld, the rest not so much. That's a pretty decent bunch. I'm not amazed mind you, but I'm not disappointed either.

I had Mad Max already. Zero of the other games interest me. The only positive is that I sold Mad Max separately, and one or two of the others so I've made my money back. I have Rocket League already too, so I may not bother with this months one.

Fair enough so. I'm pleasantly surprised that there was nothing I already had.

First impressions of Crawl are pretty good even just playing it singleplayer. I'll say I'll get a lot more fun out of that with someone else playing. It's a really terrific idea though, with other players controlling the monsters you fight, or in my case bots. Hopefully they'll make this online multiplayer eventually, I'd say it'd be a great laugh with voice chat over skype or something too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

chrislad wrote: »
    I had Mad Max already. Zero of the other games interest me. The only positive is that I sold Mad Max separately, and one or two of the others so I've made my money back. I have Rocket League already too, so I may not bother with this months one.

How much did you pay for Mad Max?

As an economical venture the monthly is fairly sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Any of you lot get your AIB Visa Debit card to work with Humble Bundle? I won't use Paypal, and any card I try use with their option fails. Amazon Payments isn't an option anymore.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    How much did you pay for Mad Max?

As an economical venture the monthly is fairly sound.

I paid about 14 for it at launch, I think, so that's a good year ago at this stage, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Any of you lot get your AIB Visa Debit card to work with Humble Bundle? I won't use Paypal, and any card I try use with their option fails. Amazon Payments isn't an option anymore.

Yeah, mine worked with the last bundle I bought

Day 6 of the Humble Store Spring Sale, SOMA is the daily deal at 50% off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seem to be mostly games they had in the previous bundle?

That's a fairly tasty bundle for me, now. I'll be having that......ALL of that :D

I'm slightly annoyed because they have. DMC4 and RE6 in the top tier this time, and if I want those I have to buy the whole bundle again. Grrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Pick up the whole thing as Ive actually never played any Resident evil titles on PC and Ive wanted to play 6 for a while anyway. Looking forward to playing through Resi 4 for the 50th time too!

Just saw on HUKD that the Dead Island Definitive Editions are €3 each for those that own the originals.

Just saw on HUKD that the Dead Island Definitive Editions are €3 each for those that own the originals.

Nice. Picked that up.

Note it's only valid until May 31st according to Steam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Excellent, thanks. Picked up Riptide DE. At the time, it was so similar to Dead Island that I just gave up after a few hours. This is the perfect reason to give it another go after I finish Fallout 4 :)

I'm slightly annoyed because they have. DMC4 and RE6 in the top tier this time, and if I want those I have to buy the whole bundle again. Grrr.

It would still be cheaper than getting those two games on Steam. You could sell off the other keys?

• Advertisement

Playism Publisher Special on Steam. I hear La-Mulana is very good.

Also, lots of good stuff in the Humble Store Spring Sale day 7. Grim Fandango is the daily deal at 85% off. Also, there's Gone Home at 80% off.

Advertisement