Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭rgfuller

Mr E wrote: »
    The 6c game is one discounted from 99c/99p, so the likelihood of it being a great game is slim (no offense to the indie developers selling their games for a dollar!)

I wonder if they ran out of the original 'deal' codes and decided to keep it going but with random €0.99 codes for €0.06 instead - certainly the note about original price wasn't there when I ordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Mr E wrote: »
    (no offense to the indie developers selling their games for a dollar!)

Knowing GMG, it would've been shovelware anyway, I remember their previous mystery bundles being gigantic steaming heaps. Interestingly enough, I did play one indie game that was sold for a dollar, and was thoroughly impressed. Reveal The Deep is a thoroughly atmospheric game about exploring the wreck of a sunken ship and piecing together what happened through Resident Evil-style notes scattered about. It's quite short, you could finish the whole thing in an evening if you were so inclined, Gone Home kinda short, but for what is essentially yet another pixelart puzzle platformer, it feels incredibly fresh because it nails an incredibly oppressive atmosphere, there are some really well crafted puzzles (including one really memorable one involving a crab) and the whole thing was just really well made. The modest price belies what is a really good game, and when I bought it it was alread 33% off as a launch and I've seen it for 50% off in Steam's weeklong deals.

Even for the full €0.99 it's well worth a look.

Anyway, my longwinded point being sometimes you can find some surprisingly quality in the shovelware price category.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Mine eventually went through, I got Shattered Haven too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How is it a mystery bundle with only one game?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How is it a mystery bundle with only one game?

It's a mystery! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

40K Regicide for 2/3 off, €4.94. http://store.steampowered.com/app/322910/?snr=1_620_4_1400_45

Anyone think its worth it? Quote from TB is surely positive but other user reviews don't like the microtransactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Bundle Stars are now doing a very good pick n mix bundle

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/promotions/pick-mix-build-your-own-bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Bundle Stars are now doing a very good pick n mix bundle

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/promotions/pick-mix-build-your-own-bundle
    Zoombinis is an absolute classic, had that on our primary school computers about 15 years ago, loved it!

Anyone got any recommendations from that selection actually? Ink looks good? Starting to couch game now so anything that suits a controller from experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

hots wrote: »
    Anyone got any recommendations from that selection actually?

I quite liked Skulls of the Shogun. Have a gander at some vids on YouTube to see if it would be your bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Links234 wrote: »
    It's a mystery! :p

It could even be a boat!

So uh, this is a game. Quite a bargain too. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Links234 wrote: »
    So uh, this is a game. Quite a bargain too. :o

I bought it :P looks fun.

gazzamc wrote: »
    I bought it :P looks fun.

I thought it looked a bit crap :p

Sunset for €0.99

Edit: Wrong thread

Goddamnit Bobby!

I tell you hwut, that boy ain't right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

3 lego games for €11
    https://www.bundlestars.com/en/promotions/lego-pick-mix

Has decent selection of them also some dlc

Humble Ubisoft Bundle Encore

This is worth the $1 for Gunslinger along, cracking game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone play the PC port of AC Rogue?

I'm tempted to shell out the $15 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Anyone play the PC port of AC Rogue?

I'm tempted to shell out the $15 :D

The port is fine. I wasn't mad about the game to be honest. The main character grated on me a little bit, and it was a rehash of ACIV really, and after playing Unity/Syndicate, the older mechanics showed their age. I do seem to be in the minority though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

chrislad wrote: »
    The port is fine. I wasn't mad about the game to be honest. The main character grated on me a little bit, and it was a rehash of ACIV really, and after playing Unity/Syndicate, the older mechanics showed their age. I do seem to be in the minority though!

Shay's accent is god awful alright!

Ah yes, I played it on the 360 before, but as that has been retired, I was thinking of adding it to the PC library.

TBH, I enjoyed it from what I remember of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Saw the bundle, then went "yesh! i'll have some of them"

Ah for god's sake they're mostly Uplay. I got some of the games anyway but I have barely ever used a game in my Uplay library. How is Uplay in comparison to Steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Saw the bundle, then went "yesh! i'll have some of them"

Ah for god's sake they're mostly Uplay. I got some of the games anyway but I have barely ever used a game in my Uplay library. How is Uplay in comparison to Steam?

It's not as good as Steam, but you can just add a Steam short cut. Even if you buy it via Steam, you have to install uPlay anyway so it's 6 of one, half dozen of another. Honestly, I barely notice it installed, and I have all the Assassins Creed games activated via it, bar the first which was available as a Steam key.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

chrislad wrote: »
    It's not as good as Steam, but you can just add a Steam short cut. Even if you buy it via Steam, you have to install uPlay anyway so it's 6 of one, half dozen of another. Honestly, I barely notice it installed, and I have all the Assassins Creed games activated via it, bar the first which was available as a Steam key.

I have a lot of games on other DRMs, I might shove the shortcuts on Steam now.

Downloading Blacklist I had no idea my PC could run it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Excellent, had been meaning to pick-up Gunslinger at some stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Tom Clancy Franchise sale on Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Doge

Doge wrote: »
    Physical copy of American Truck Simulator for £6 plus postage on amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HWPL2X0?tag=hotukdeals03-21

This is now down to £4.23! The price seems to go down every couple of minutes.

Its €20 on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Doge wrote: »
    This is now down to £4.23! The price seems to go down every couple of minutes.

Its €20 on Steam.
    LOL

The add-ons (Which i'm after) for ETS2 are more expensive!

Madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Taylor365 wrote: »
    LOL

The add-ons (Which i'm after) for ETS2 are more expensive!

Madness.

I ended up rebuying ETS2 deluxe edition with all the add ons as it was cheaper during a steam sale than buying the scandi and going east packs!

Advertisement