Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ubisoft are giving a free PC game away every month for the rest of the year. Prince of Persia Sands of Time is the first one, available now. Uplay required.

http://www.pcgamer.com/ubi-30-gifts-a-free-ubisoft-game-each-month-starting-today/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Fair fair :P I'll probably end up buying them in the summer sales anyways!

Hey hey, if you're still interested The Forest is yours. I will probably not get around to playing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

€5 for BF4 absolute steal. Have 1 of the 2 DLCs they've given out so probs gonna buy.

Thinking about getting BF4 and BF Hardline. Is it worth getting the Digital Deluxe edition or the premium editions in either case? They cost an extra €2.50 or €5 respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

farna_boy wrote: »
    Thinking about getting BF4 and BF Hardline. Is it worth getting the Digital Deluxe edition or the premium editions in either case? They cost an extra €2.50 or €5 respectively.

They're giving out the DLC's for them free. Not sure how many you've missed by now tho. I paid full price for both Day 1. Bf4 premium is worth it but 90% of the time, people still play the core maps so it's not really necessary.

Hardline season pass, I don't think is worth it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Links234 wrote: »
    Hey hey, if you're still interested The Forest is yours. I will probably not get around to playing it

It's cool :P went around to a friend's place and he had it. Gave it a quick shot and didn't seem as good as it is in the videos I've watched...thanks anyways, appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

Depending on how you feel your luck is, Green Man Gaming are doing Mystery Bundle packs. 0.99 for one; 4.99 for five and 6.99 for ten.

For a laugh, I went with the five game pack (why looking back, I didn't just plump for the ten for an extra two euro, I don't know. Will use that for coffee in the morning.) Four of the games I got were a bit meh. Sci-fi side scrollers that got mixed ratings on Steam. Something I might mess about on the laptop with perhaps to kill some time. I did however get a key for the Witcher 3 out of it. A game that I have been considering for quite some time. So even if I do bugger all with the other four, I got well worth the fiver in the Witcher 3.

Just have to find the time to sit down to play it now...

Wow, that is extremely lucky! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

racersedge wrote: »
    Depending on how you feel your luck is, Green Man Gaming are doing Mystery Bundle packs. 0.99 for one; 4.99 for five and 6.99 for ten.

For a laugh, I went with the five game pack (why looking back, I didn't just plump for the ten for an extra two euro, I don't know. Will use that for coffee in the morning.) Four of the games I got were a bit meh. Sci-fi side scrollers that got mixed ratings on Steam. Something I might mess about on the laptop with perhaps to kill some time. I did however get a key for the Witcher 3 out of it. A game that I have been considering for quite some time. So even if I do bugger all with the other four, I got well worth the fiver in the Witcher 3.

Just have to find the time to sit down to play it now...

So having seen this thought I might as well give it a go (absolute sucker for a lucky dip). Had done the 5 game one before and got 4 <$1 games and a duplicate. This time:

BROKEN DREAMS
    SQUARESROUTE
    BRIDGE CONSTRUCTOR
    FARCRY PRIMAL
    CITY OF CHAINS
    LEGENDARY
    NEON SPACE
    SURVIVE IN SPACE
    BLOOD OF THE WEREWOLF
    TOMCLANCYS THE DIVISION

*Caps from copy paste

Mostly have no clue but to get The Division and Farcry Primal is surely ridiculously good luck? And a massive fan of Bridge-builder type games for years... Delighted with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Bloody Zack Zero! AGAIN!

I have no luck with these things!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

hots wrote: »
    So having seen this thought I might as well give it a go (absolute sucker for a lucky dip). Had done the 5 game one before and got 4 <$1 games and a duplicate. This time:

BROKEN DREAMS
    SQUARESROUTE
    BRIDGE CONSTRUCTOR
    FARCRY PRIMAL
    CITY OF CHAINS
    LEGENDARY
    NEON SPACE
    SURVIVE IN SPACE
    BLOOD OF THE WEREWOLF
    TOMCLANCYS THE DIVISION

*Caps from copy paste

Mostly have no clue but to get The Division and Farcry Primal is surely ridiculously good luck? And a massive fan of Bridge-builder type games for years... Delighted with that :)

To get one of those two is pretty lucky. To get two is unreal. Might try this later when i get home from work. No doubt everything I get will be shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

To get one of those two is pretty lucky. To get two is unreal. Might try this later when i get home from work. No doubt everything I get will be shít.

Between this, Origin Access and a couple of humble bundles my transition from 80% Console to 100% PC gaming has been made much easier. As the last poster said, just got to find time to play them all now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

tried the 10 pack and the best I got was American Truck Simulation

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Chanced the 10 pack just now, best I got was CODBLOPS2. :(

BROKENDREAMS
    SQUARESROUTE
    DEADLY30
    CALLOFDUTYBLACKOPSII
    CROSSOFTHEDUTCHMAN
    RETURNNULL
    DATAHACKERREBOOT
    SURVIVEINSPACE
    BLOODOFTHEWEREWOLF
    STATEOFANARCHY

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

BROKENDREAMS
    SQUARESROUTE
    DEADLY30
    SHATTEREDHAVEN
    CITYOFCHAINS
    LEGENDARY
    NEONSPACE
    SURVIVEINSPACE
    BRIDGECONSTRUCTOR
    ZACKZERO
    I didn't even get something as good as black ops :D oh well, thought I might as well give it a go considering the Far Cry Primal and The Division pack someone else got :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

fupping lewl.

I bought two 10 packs - because, what not?

BROKENDREAMS
    DEMENTIUM2
    ELEMENTSSOULOFFIRE
    SHATTEREDHAVEN
    CITYOFCHAINS
    SHIPLORD
    DATAHACKERREBOOT
    SURVIVEINSPACE
    BLOODOFTHEWEREWOLF
    STATEOFANARCHY
    BROKENDREAMS
    VELVETASSASSIN
    DATAHACKERINITIATION
    SHATTEREDHAVEN
    CITYOFCHAINS
    INNERWORLD
    NEONSPACE
    SURVIVEINSPACE
    BLOODOFTHEWEREWOLF
    STATEOFANARCHY

What a waste. haha. Although a combined Steam value of €105.30. If you could sell any on for more than .01 cent you'd be doing good though xD

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Noxin wrote: »
    fupping lewl.

I bought two 10 packs - because, what not?

BROKENDREAMS
    DEMENTIUM2
    ELEMENTSSOULOFFIRE
    SHATTEREDHAVEN
    CITYOFCHAINS
    SHIPLORD
    DATAHACKERREBOOT
    SURVIVEINSPACE
    BLOODOFTHEWEREWOLF
    STATEOFANARCHY
    BROKENDREAMS
    VELVETASSASSIN
    DATAHACKERINITIATION
    SHATTEREDHAVEN
    CITYOFCHAINS
    INNERWORLD
    NEONSPACE
    SURVIVEINSPACE
    BLOODOFTHEWEREWOLF
    STATEOFANARCHY

What a waste. haha. Although a combined Steam value of €105.30. If you could sell any on for more than .01 cent you'd be doing good though xD

I bought 2 and got two copies of the following:

BROKENDREAMS
    SHATTEREDHAVEN
    CITYOFCHAINS
    DATAHACKERREBOOT
    SURVIVEINSPACE
    BLOODOFTHEWEREWOLF
    STATEOFANARCHY

So 7 out of 10 were dupes for me.

How do we know what platform the keys are for? It said when buying might be for x/y/z platform but nothing in the email to say what's what..

VELVETASSASSIN

This is actually meant to be pretty decent, if a bit of a buggy mess. I'd love to give it a go at some point myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

How do we know what platform the keys are for? It said when buying might be for x/y/z platform but nothing in the email to say what's what..

They said it would say in your email what they are. I have to wait until later to check and see.

• Advertisement

Email doesn't say anything and the games list in my account just says "Other DRM" which means nothing to me...

Email doesn't say anything and the games list in my account just says "Other DRM" which means nothing to me...

More than likely all steam games so.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

BROKENDREAMS
    SQUARESROUTE
    ELEMENTSSOULOFFIRE
    SHATTEREDHAVEN
    CITYOFCHAINS
    RETURNNULL
    NEONSPACE
    SURVIVEINSPACE
    BRIDGECONSTRUCTOR
    STATEOFANARCHY

Not one I'd be interested in (or heard of beyond the previous posts here!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Most of ye seem to be getting the same ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Rolling the dice now.

Aaaaand I got a load of garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

My guess is a few keys to the early birds who then, with no bad intent, promote what they got and then garbage, garbage, garbage. That might just be the cynic in me though and someone will post a huge haul right after this post :)

ShooterSF wrote: »
    My guess is a few keys to the early birds who then, with no bad intent, promote what they got and then garbage, garbage, garbage. That might just be the cynic in me though and someone will post a huge haul right after this post :)

Im tempted to go with one more spin of the dice haha

Thanks to Skerries for the Velvet Assassin key ;)

You're quite right I'd say, I think its a way for GMG to get rid of a load of shovelware by dangling the possibility of a big AAA title in front of their noses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I was gonna post the same sentiment earlier, but they way I was wording it sounded very negative! So I decided against it.

You got it spot on :)

Advertisement