Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I should have expected mediocrity when Hurtworld was the main title, but wow, this is pretty crap from Humble Monthly this time around. If COD: Black Ops III Multiplayer is the main title next month, I'm definitely unsubbing. I might consider if it were the single player, but I've no interest in COD MP.

I feel exactly the same mate. I went and unsubbed already. I think we've seen the best of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Not the best but not too bad either, considering Hurtworld alone is near €14 on steam sale, a few of them look like bit of fun. Satellite Reign is great game, spiritual successor to Syndicate, I've put fair few hours into it, I have it already so not ideal for me will give to a friend or steamgifts group. TIS looks interesting and I'm sure I'll sink a few hours into some of the others.

I am tempted to unsub mind given nexts months main title which I have no interest in.

Here is list with Steam links where available, €56 for those on steam currently.
    Hurtworld
    Kentucky Route Zero
    Satellite Regin
    TIS -100
    The Red Solstice
    Avernum Crystal Souls
    Darwin's Kastle Cthulu Realms
    Copaka

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Satellite Reign is a great game.
    Loved the original Avernum 2 and the remake of Avernum 1. Hours of gaming in there but you really have to like the genre to get any enjoyment out of it.

Value is relative here. Sure you get more than what you pay for. In this case though, I lost 12quid as I would have bought none of them! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I seriously rate both Satellite Reign and The Red Solstice, definitely worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Links234 wrote: »
    Look guys, it's very simple:

10/10 = Good
    9/10 = Mediocre
    8/10 = Unplayable garbage

This was like a little Easter Egg of a post browsing this thread.. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

TIS-100 is good, but hella difficult (definitely not for everyone - feels like a computer science assignment at times lol)

Wossack wrote: »
    TIS-100 is good, but hella difficult (definitely not for everyone - feels like a computer science assignment at times lol)

I get enough of that in work was my first thought in seeing that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

No sign of a reduction for this in the Steam sale so

Total War: Warhammer 25% off - €44.99 at DLGamer (authorised dealer, guaranteed delivery)

or

Cheaper on CDKeys, €36.59 (but not an official reseller)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Elite Dangerous: Arena (Free until July 11th, keep forever)
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/443080/

Remember Me €3.91

Hey folks, DOOM! is 40% off on Greenman Gaming, but you can get an additional 20% off with the code: JULY20

Which drops it to €28.79

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nice little indie humble bundle just launched. If I didn't already have Spelunky and Rocket League, I'd be tempted.

https://www.humblebundle.com/revelmode-bundle

Pay what you want for Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball, Nidhogg, and Choice Chamber.

Beat the average price to also receive Golf with Your Friends (Early Access), Skullgirls + All Characters and Color Palette Bundle, Spelunky, and Roguelands.

Pay $15 or more for all of the above plus Rocket League!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

pay the $1 just for Nidhogg alone, it's a great frenetic one on one player sword game
    you'll be sweating buckets playing it :)

Bundlestars Indie Legends 4 - €3.15

Party Hard
    Lethal League
    Viscera Cleanup Detail Complete (Inc House of Horror DLC)
    Door Kickers
    Skullgirls
    Sir, You Are Being Hunted
    Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition
    Reus
    10% voucher for the store

That's a lotta great indie games for sweet feck all! :eek: I'm thinking of picking this up just for Viscera Cleanup Detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Same as above beaten to it by Links :p

Bundlestars just put out a pretty decent bundle if I didnt already own most of them Id be all over it.

Just over 3 quid for
    Party Hard
    Lethal League
    Viscera cleanup detail + DLC
    Skullgirls
    Sir you are being hunted
    Reus
    Another world

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I hear there is a new bundlestars bundle out he he:D

What? There's a new bundlestars bundle!? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lads there is a new bu..... oh, never mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Links234 wrote: »
    Skullgirls

If anyone is even vaguely interested in fighting games, it's worth pointing out that Skullgirls is probably the ONLY fighting game with a decent tutorial mode.

Generally FG tutorials are kinda mediocre (Nether Realm games) or non-existent (Capcom games).

But the Skullgirls tutorial is excellent and runs through general fighting game stuff first, skullgirls specific stuff second and character specific stuff last.

By general stuff I mean, for example: "You can only stand block or crouch block in this lesson. The CPU will dash up to you and do a random series of low jabs, finishing in either a sweep (block low) or an overhead (block high). This is called a high-low mixup. Successfully block this three times in a row to proceed"

I hear the 2nd Encore Expansion added a comprehensive "Actually useful combos" tutorial mode as well, but I haven't had a chance to check this out.

But yeah, if you just want to spend 3 euro to be better at Street Fighter 2, buy Skullgirls.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh, think I'll buy that later on. Really interested in Viscera Cleanup Detail and Sir! You Are Being Hunted.

It's a fantastic set of games for the price. I've had Party Hard and Doorkickers on my radar since the last steam sale, and my non-purchases have been vindicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

I love the idea of Viscera Cleanup detail. Nice and relaxing.

But I always seem to get motion sickness when I play first person games.
    I was utterly disappointed when I played Viscera the first time. Instead of feeling relaxed, I had my head in a toilet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I had my head in a toilet :(

and cleaned the viscera up as well I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭hernie

There's 80% off Transistor on Steam for the weekend. Down to €3.79

Anyone recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

I love the idea of Viscera Cleanup detail. Nice and relaxing.

But I always seem to get motion sickness when I play first person games.
    I was utterly disappointed when I played Viscera the first time. Instead of feeling relaxed, I had my head in a toilet :(

had to tweak a few things myself alright, and I dont suffer at all really

turned off view bob, and I think I increased fov and lowered mouse sensitivity... might be a few more options in the menus. Few changes made it a good bit better

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

hernie wrote: »
    There's 80% off Transistor on Steam for the weekend. Down to €3.79

Anyone recommend it?
    Yes, really enjoyed it. The Supergiant bundle (Transistor, Bastion and the two original soundtracks) seems like a great deal, two awesome games and the music from each are also superb.

I played it on the PS4, and I wasn't enthralled by it. I really enjoyed Bastion, but I never got around to finishing it. I'm thinking of getting Undertale though. I just don't know if I'll play it now, so I may leave it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Advertisement