Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

don't, it's dreadful.
    That bad is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Just Cause 3 €12.19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Skerries wrote: »
    Just Cause 3 €12.19

Very tempted by this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Skerries wrote: »

How does it run on PC now? I heard there were serious issues on its release

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Runs fine on PC, great fun that game but im sure you are supposed to do something in it other than tying people to rockets.
    JC3MP is being made so thats always fun as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Did I read that JC3MP was cancelled, with the guy behind it taking up a job offer from Avalanche instead? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ED E wrote: »
    Gave em $2 because I've sinfully never played SpecOpsTL.

I would say: enjoy the game, but in this case, enjoy depression.
    One of the best stories in modern shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bioshock Triple Pack (1,2,Infinite) for less than €9 (once signed in). I think that's the cheapest I've seen it.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/bioshock-triple-pack/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

never played bioshock so might pick these up

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

mossym wrote: »
    never played bioshock so might pick these up

BioShock 1 +2 are getting remastered .

If you buy them now , you'll get the remastered ones for free when they're released .

https://steamcommunity.com/games/7670/announcements/detail/599358989869729600

• Advertisement

ninja 12 wrote: »

If you buy them now , you'll get the remastered ones for free when they're released .

cheers for that, had just seen they were getting remastered and was wondering should i wait. if that's teh case, i may buy this, and jsut wait and play the remastered when it comes along

cheers for that, had just seen they were getting remastered and was wondering should i wait. if that's teh case, i may buy this, and jsut wait and play the remastered when it comes along

That's what I'm going to do.
    I've had all three in my library for ages .

I played a couple of hours of the first one and liked it .

I was going to continue it a while ago and then read about the remasters so decided to forget about it until the remasters are out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

ninja 12 wrote: »

If you own them previously do you still get the remasters?

If you own them previously do you still get the remasters?

Yes .
    If you own them on Steam before the remasters are released , you get a free upgrade for BioShock 1+2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Links234 wrote: »
    That bad is it?

Yeah, the game was developed as a FPS, canned, reopened, delayed and eventually turned into a 3rd person game, the story is disjointed and badly told and has no business being associated with XCOM in any way.
    (actually the original game they had planned looked great!)

The combat is shoddy, it was a good idea which was poorly executed. some of the models look okay and on the whole the game has some nice looking maps. It just never comes together.
    You never care about the main character, the story, or the action all the way through.

And trust me, i completed it for the sake of it. The story made no sense and was effectively ignored by Firaxis aside from adding a cosmetic hat to the host of other customisations in XCOM:Enemy Within.

The first draft for The Bureau was "XCOM"

and instead, this is what we got..

(and this is an official video from 2K)

Sorry, bit of a rant there, but yeah.. grab XCOM2 instead, so worth it

turns out i have them already, steam family sharing with my brother, he has them in his account so can play them, will just wait on the remastered versions first

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought remastered versions of PS360 era games were just porting the games to PS4 and Xbox with improvements that could previously be achieved on PC with the original versions. Like how Tomb Raider Definitive Edition has Tress FX, I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/saints-row-vs-metro-bundle

Metro 2033 Redux
    Metro: Last Light Redux
    Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition
    Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (EU)
    Saint's Row: Gat Out of Hell - Devil's Workshop Pack DLC

€12.49

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/metro-redux

Metro 2033 Redux
    Metro: Last Light Redux

€5.99

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Rainbow 6 Siege for about €8 with this glitch on their Ubisoft mobile website.

Thanks to Julez on the Rainbow 6 Siege thread for highlighting the deal.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/rainbow-six-siege-pc-download-7-48-uplay-ubsoft-2488385

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Ryse: Son of Rome on Bundle stars incl all DLC for €4.99
    https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/ryse-son-of-rome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Dreadout $3 from Playism, includes Steam key. Works out about €0.30 than Steam currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,977 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Gameplanet Summer Sale is underway

It's day 6 which is - XCOM 2, Dragon Ball Xenoverse, PES 2016, Assassin's Creed Rogue Deluxe Edition, Alien: Isolation, DOOM, BioShock Infinite, Mordheim: City of the Damned, Company of Heroes 2, Valkyria Chronicles and more

Paying in sterling seems to be working out cheaper than the euro prices due to good exchange rate at mo

Steam Link is half price in Gamestop+ in Carlow (I assume it's the same everywhere?)

€27 is an absolute bargain if you're a PC gamer who wants to move back to the couch!

On the clearance table inside the door.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Popped into my local GS to see if the same price was going. They had one on the bargain table so was briefly optimistic - but turned out it had been reduced a total of five cent to €54.95 :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mr E wrote: »
    Steam Link is half price in Gamestop+ in Carlow (I assume it's the same everywhere?)

€27 is an absolute bargain if you're a PC gamer who wants to move back to the couch!

On the clearance table inside the door.

Even at full price it's a great device imo, especially with those TPLink/Powerline adapter yokes. No brainer at the above price of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Does it only work with steam or can it stream any pc game?

It connects to steam and uses steam's big picture mode. You can add non-steam games to steam but your results may vary. You still need to use steam to launch them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Mr E wrote: »
    It connects to steam and uses steam's big picture mode. You can add non-steam games to steam but your results may vary. You still need to use steam to launch them.

It sounds decent but you could always just connect your pc to your tv with HDMI?

Advertisement