Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Looks like I'll be putting up a copy of Space Engineers on steamgifts soon. Great bundle. Planetbase though (and I know this is completely incorrect) is too similar a premise as RimWorld which I am playing the hell out of now (I really, really suck at it and I don't care).

EDIT: I tell lies. I don't know what game I was confusing Space Engineers with...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is it a single key for each Tier.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

is buying these a one off or are you signing up to their monthly deal?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

mossym wrote: »
    is buying these a one off or are you signing up to their monthly deal?

It's a one off purchase.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

It's a one off purchase.

super, cheers, going to give the second bundle a shot so based on the comments here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,722 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

...I havent played the whole planet and in planet atmosphere gameplay, but my friends had server going on for it a while ago and they said it is just simply amazing.

I will give a bit unfair point of view of Rust, but that game gave me some of the most amazing gaming moments of my entire gaming career. Me and a few boardsies had some epic sessions in that game. There were days were we would play for 14 hours, go to sleep, have shower, breakfast and go back on to the damn game again!...

That's kinda the reason I decided against Tier 2, look like games that require a LOT of time to dedicate to, whereas Tier 1 seem more catered for the odd sit-down session.

Way too many games on my backlog to be able to dedicate a lot of time to one of em ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Yep I just went for Tier 1 myself just for Tharsis. If you like solitaire boardgaming without actually having to set up and breakdown it's pretty fun. Although you have to be okay with bad dice roles screwing you over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I'm torn I'll get Tier 1 alright but Tier 2 not worth it for me as have Rust and Space Engineers already (great games btw), not sure wheter or not to shell out for Tier 3, I am interested in Planetbase but leaves me with extra keys, will have to see, might be a Rust and Space Engineers key going on steamgifts thread soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,722 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Holy crap Tharsis is depressing, I followed that up by watching Requiem for a Dream... made for an interesting night.

Kholat is weird and atmospheric, although I still haven't figured out how to avoid the damned invisible demons.

Best $1 I've spent in a while though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,892 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

omerin wrote: »

Its €37.90 at CDKeys (with the 5% off code for liking them on FB)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭dunworth1

omerin wrote:
    BF1 €39.99

It's way too soon to be buying it the beta hasn't been out yet.

Also FYI you won't get bf1 early with these keys

• Registered Users Posts: 55,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Metro Redux bundle for €5.99 (Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light, both remastered)

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/metro-redux

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Links234 wrote: »

Awesome, I have been waiting for this game's price to drop to this level for months. I didn't want to buy it while I had a Humble monthly sub as it is certain to turn up in it some month soon. However now that I have cancelled my sub I have finally pulled the trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Links234 wrote: »

Fantastic deal. Pity the DLC didn't really add to the game too much. I only completed the Beast Master one. I found the other one quite boring and didn't have the interest in finishing it. That said, the game is definitely due a reply for it. Fantastic fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭nursewally

Evolve Season 2 is Free to Play now on steam. A brilliant game.
    you can also pick up the original on g2a and instant-gaming for under a tenner to unlock all the characters without the need to grind to unlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

chrislad wrote: »
    Fantastic deal. Pity the DLC didn't really add to the game too much. I only completed the Beast Master one. I found the other one quite boring and didn't have the interest in finishing it. That said, the game is definitely due a reply for it. Fantastic fun.
    I tried playing this game, did about 2 hours or so. Had killed a few captains and was fighting another when 2 more captains show up. End up fighting about 20 dudes and the spear chuckers did me in. Then the captains that I killed got replaced. Is that how it goes?. Do I have to kill them all over again because I rage quit after that lol?. It's not very well explained I think, they just drop you in it and leave you to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Been a while but if I remember correctly, you can recruit certain orks and then kill the commanders etc. above them to move them up the ranks.
    Possibly more to it than that...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Joshua J wrote: »
    I tried playing this game, did about 2 hours or so. Had killed a few captains and was fighting another when 2 more captains show up. End up fighting about 20 dudes and the spear chuckers did me in. Then the captains that I killed got replaced. Is that how it goes?. Do I have to kill them all over again because I rage quit after that lol?. It's not very well explained I think, they just drop you in it and leave you to it.

I think you have to finish them off with an execution, otherwise they may come back. It's been a while since I played it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Joshua J wrote: »

There's basically a hierarchy for the command, every time you kill someone at the top, one of the lower down the list Orks will take their place at the top, but if I remember if you don't execute(not sure if the right word for it) some of them they don't actually die and come back even tougher to kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New humble indie bundle

The Declaration of Bundle Independence.

In 1776, America declared independence from British rule. This is the 17th Humble Indie Bundle, and we’re declaring independent games rule!

Pay what you want for Lethal League, The Beginner's Guide, and Galak-Z.

Pay $1 or more to receive a coupon for 10% off Humble Monthly for new subscribers.

Pay more than the average price and you’ll also get Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, and SUPER TIME FORCE ULTRA.

Pay $10 or more for all of that plus Nuclear Throne.

https://www.humblebundle.com/humble-indie-bundle-17

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

https://www.humblebundle.com/humble-indie-bundle-17

pay what you want

The beginner's guide
    Galak-z
    Lethal League

beat the average

Octodad
    Lovers in a dangerous spacetime
    Super time force ultra

$10 or over

Nuclear Throne

edit: beaten by seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Skerries wrote: »

This sale includes the Battlefield 4 base game for €4.99 which is absolute steal if you picked up all the DLCs which they gave away for free over the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

ElNino wrote: »
    This sale includes the Battlefield 4 base game for €4.99 which is absolute steal if you picked up all the DLCs which they gave away for free over the last few months.

Why can EA not release an upgrade to GOTY for DA:I. I am not buying the whole game again to get the DLC. Im not paying 40+ for the DLC. Why can't they have an upgrade like they do to the Deluxe version. Really gets on my nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

You can get a Xbox one controller for 20 pounds on Groupon uk. You need to download the app and select belfast as your city, make sure you are using a new account. Then enter applove as promo and get it delivered to parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Empyrion - Galactic Survival is €9.99 on Steam atm. (50% off - Historical Lowest Price)
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/383120/

It's an Early Access open-world space survival game.
    With the talk about No Man's Sky's lack of features, this might make a good substitute.. @ 1/6th the price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Momodora: Reverie Under Moonlight - 30% off.

This is one of the best games of the year for me, and for the price you can't go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,892 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

[URL="https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/782-buy-key-steam-deus-ex-mankind-divided?igr=currentdeals
    "]Upcoming Deus Ex: Mankind Divided €30.79[/URL] at Instant Gaming

Advertisement