Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Accommodation time

• 07-05-2014 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Does anyone know what time the waiting list for UCD accommodation will open tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

chelliam1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time the waiting list for UCD accommodation will open tomorrow?

Nope but I will be up at 7am refreshing and refreshing and refreshing... My Dad rang UCD and they said it will be some time between 7.30 am and 9.30 am but it could be anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pajc

Ive been told 8am by someome attending UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LCLIFE

So it won't be open before 7? No point in staying up till like 1/2 in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pajc

No. He said he waited up and that it didnt open til bout 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭fishnetsxD

My boyfriend said it was seven last year.
    But its a ****ty system cause people who live in Dublin apply and get in -.-
    Like where you live should be considered tbh.
    Then we have to go to school after it all so I am up now to get ready for school so I won't be distracted when it actually opens.

• Advertisement

It's open now . 129 biatches :D

110 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lop11

Gor 508 then logged out. Then tried to log in again and they asked me to put my name down. Didn't do anythng wrong, did I? lol

lop11 wrote: »
    Gor 508 then logged out. Then tried to log in again and they asked me to put my name down. Didn't do anythng wrong, did I? lol

DON'T LOG IN AGAIN YOU GET A NEW NUMBER IN THE QUEUE!! MADE THAT MISTAKE LAST YEAR.

thelad95 wrote: »
    DON'T LOG IN AGAIN YOU GET A NEW NUMBER IN THE QUEUE!! MADE THAT MISTAKE LAST YEAR.

I entered my CAO number but didn't confirm once it said my application was found. Should I be ok? Can I check if I still have my first number?

• Advertisement

You can log in again. :P
    Just don't leave the list!

You need to confirm. Apply again, press confirm then press log out once your application has been confirmed.

You are absolutely wrong I just gave up 502 for 950 with your advice. FFS. Why would you do something like that?

139!!! ❤️ are you guaranteed it if you are in the top 700?

You are absolutely wrong I just gave up 502 for 950 with your advice. FFS. Why would you do something like that?

I'm really really sorry :( I thought you had cancelled your application. You will still be fine if you get the points don't worry. I'm so so sorry :(:(

I'm really really sorry :( I thought you had cancelled your application. You will still be fine if you get the points don't worry. I'm so so sorry :(:(

Please edit your post so nobody else will make the same mistake.

Can anybody reassure me? Freaking out a bit now.

I'm repeating this year but some of my friends last year were over 2000 and they got offered places so you will be fine. Don't worry

You can still log in to see your number, I've done it about 3 times at this stage just to make sure? So you can check! Just make sure you click log out and not leave the waiting list!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

One thousand, one hundred and something , is there any hope of me getting a place? :(

One thousand, one hundred and something , is there any hope of me getting a place? :(

From the UCD residences website

''As the ranking system is open to all CAO students it is our experience that even students with a ranking of over 2,000 on the list can get an offer of accommodation.''

We're gonna make it, mate. <3

• Advertisement

From the UCD residences website

''As the ranking system is open to all CAO students it is our experience that even students with a ranking of over 2,000 on the list can get an offer of accommodation.''

Hopefully so :L

• Registered Users Posts: 43 shanelad95

, is it true when youre this far down the list you get offered like the postgrad accomodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

CANT get into site, is it down again?

shanelad95 wrote: »
    , is it true when youre this far down the list you get offered like the postgrad accomodation?
    Doubt it, I'm down somewherw near you and it still comes up your eligible for junior/1st year accommodation or something to that effect :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

got it 1582

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dancinglaura

Im 764 whats the chances of getting Belgrove or Merville?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ManonRiv

Hi everyone ! :)
    I am a french student wishing to apply to UCD next year ! ( in Commerce )
    I joined the waiting list for accomodation this morning and i am 1544 on the list :(
    Should i be fine ? I am very nervous i must say .. Thank you for anyone who replies :) !!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Jones82

ManonRiv wrote: »
    Hi everyone ! :)
    I am a french student wishing to apply to UCD next year ! ( in Commerce )
    I joined the waiting list for accomodation this morning and i am 1544 on the list :(
    Should i be fine ? I am very nervous i must say .. Thank you for anyone who replies :) !!

I'm also wondering the same thing.. I'm in the 1600s and I don't really know what to think. Anyone have any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ManonRiv

Jones82 wrote: »
    I'm also wondering the same thing.. I'm in the 1600s and I don't really know what to think. Anyone have any idea?

I emailed UCD one hour ago to ask them if they think it should be ok but they have not answered yet . Some people last said also said they got offered a place althought they were number 2000 on the list ! Finger crossed ;) !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 shanelad95

how do you choose your house if youre over 1000 like do the people under 700 get first choice or is it like a free for all?

Advertisement