Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Edmonton Thread

Options
  • 07-05-2014 7:28pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For discussion, chat and questions about all things Edmonton :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

heading for edmonton in two weeks. woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

Watch out for zombie girl on the lRT lol

• Registered Users Posts: 27 theirishhoser

My hometown. If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭EireCelt

Hi,
    Wondering which mobile package to go with for Edmonton, would like at least 2GB of internet and would love to also have international alls if possible,
    Can anyone help me out
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Anyone else living in Edmonton, Alberta's Capital City ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Yes I'm outside Edmonton at the minute!

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Yes I'm outside Edmonton at the minute!

Outside ? Are you in Spruce Grove or have you really pushed the boat out and moved to Stoney Plain ? .:)

I live in the city on 168th Street NW - Handy for the West Edmonton Mall and the Tilted Kilt. .;)

I'm in St Albert to the North-West of the city. At the minute I'm trying to sort out work in Fortmcmurray.

You working away or still hunting?

EI-DOR wrote: »
    I'm in St Albert to the North-West of the city. At the minute I'm trying to sort out work in Fortmcmurray.

You working away or still hunting?

Working away like a beaver. Certainly great for work in the oil industry up in Fort McMurray. They've gone fracking crazy up there ! Bit of a rough spot in the winter. If the Keystone project ever goes ahead the boom that's already underway here will go ballistic.

I didn't have a good experience up there the first time. The company that brought me and a few other Irish guys over ended up laying us off after 2 weeks on site because they hired far to many people for the shutdown on Syncrudes site up past Suncor. There was about 60 of us layed off on the one day and more the following days.

So I've been down in Edmonton the past 2 weeks trying to sort work out, flipping nightmare to say the least. Company phoning me in the morning.

Somebody said to me about the Keystone Project the other day. Christ it will be crazy when that starts. Think they're waiting on approval from the US government!

• Advertisement

Yes - They're waiting for Obama to give the green light for the Keystone project. I think it's bound to happen eventually because the oil reserves in Alberta are enormous, but I wouldn't hold my breath because Obama isn't the most dynamic or decisive (worst American President ever) and listens too much to the green loonies who don't want anything to be developed.
    Hope you manage to sort the work out. I've been really lucky, I've worked in about 15 different countries and I've never been out of work for even one day since I left university many years ago.

Edmonton's really at it's best at the moment - Bright from about 5 in the morning until almost midnight (great for the pubs) and nice and warm during the day - Pity it's not like this all year round ! .:)

Took a trip out to Alberta Beach with a girlfriend and rented a beach hut for the night last weekend - Fantastic !

Brilliant weather in Edmonton at the moment - I wish it was like this all year around !

Not looking forward to next winter, hope it's a shorter one than the last one that lasted almost nine months !

Well it was a shorter one and we're now back to brilliant warm weather in Edmonton ! - Love the long summer evenings down the pubs.... .:cool:

Bit chilly in the mornings still but that's Canada for ya .... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

This thread was a missed opportunity - could've been called threadmonton.

It could have been called Ghost Town there's so little activity on here..:)

I guess there's no other Irish people in Edmonton with any life in them apart from me.......:D

Long Gone wrote: »
    It could have been called Ghost Town there's so little activity on here..:)

I guess there's no other Irish people in Edmonton with any life in them apart from me.......:D

Or.....

Maybe they've got better things to do than spend their time on boards...! ;)

Or.....

Maybe they've got better things to do than spend their time on boards...! ;)

Unlike you with your 2800 + posts I spend very little time on here - The last time I posted on the Edmonton thread was a year ago FFS. I have a life ..... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

JT26 wrote: »
    lads enough of the bickering

Strictly no good natured banter in Threadmonton so? :(

I thought we were just having the craic personally!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I was just concerned Barneystinson might convince other people on the forum that I'm some of hermit who never leaves his shabby, dark bedsit and spends all day every day on boards.ie - Now that would be sad.....! .:D

Luckily the reality is extremely different ! .:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

going in may for 2 week, give me some ideas for pubs/nightlife thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

going in may for 2 week, give me some ideas for pubs/nightlife thanks!

Whyte Ave.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement