Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KAYFUN JUICE CHANNELLS

Options
  • 07-05-2014 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Got my FT kayfun today and i think the vertical juice channells arent deep enough so gonna have to dremmel them out a bit.
    Can anyone stick up a pic or two of theirs(close up) and maybe one looking down at the atty through the chimney tube part so i can judge from that aswell(maybe this pic alone would suffice)
    Hope its not too much to ask.

Also if anyone has had to do this any advise would be welcome.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

This is from the FT forum,

fix with pics.

http://www.fasttech.com/forums/1552300/t/1142000/sub-par-build/5

These are all the other threads on the Kayfun in case you get stuck on the wicking ect,

http://www.fasttech.com/forums/latest/search?kayfun%20channels

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

Cheers pal thats exactly what i need.didnt know FT had that forum

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Yep, a great place to look before you buy anything.

Some of the peeps there buy everything and bitch about every little flaw, but someone always has a solution and you get good honest reviews about a product.

Go to the Community tab and you'll get a drop down menu and click customer forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

THE kayfun clone wicks sooo well i bet there is nothing wrong with your channels unless they are non existent , i always wick mine as rip trippers does, see video on youtube and i never get even close to a dry hit and i use it down to the very last drip of juice

What u all think by these fotos.their the best i could manage.
    I think their too shallow and they taper in where they meet the bottom channels but they are connected. If u look down the chimney the gap is almost non exsistant. It lools like the channel is just slightly deeper than the depth of the threads.
    I use liquid at 20 or 30 vg/pg so not very thick

Edit.. in the third pic it looks as though its deep but its not

• Advertisement

glicster wrote: »
    What u all think by these fotos.their the best i could manage.
    I think their too shallow and they taper in where they meet the bottom channels but they are connected. If u look down the chimney the gap is almost non exsistant. It lools like the channel is just slightly deeper than the depth of the threads.
    I use liquid at 20 or 30 vg/pg so not very thick

Edit.. in the third pic it looks as though its deep but its not

They look deep enough to me, im no expert mind , are you using cotton ? i find the cotton wicks very well , i have some juice in mine at moment , i will use it up and take a pic for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I don't think they look too bad to be honest. Have you tried building it yet? If you drill it out too much you will end up with constant flooding.

masonchat wrote: »
    They look deep enough to me, im no expert mind , are you using cotton ? i find the cotton wicks very well , i have some juice in mine at moment , i will use it up and take a pic for

Yes using cotton. Sure suppose ill do a build and take it from there. In the mean time if u manage a pic that would be great.did u mod ur channells or leave as they were?

i left them as they are never a bother , i will do that pic but it will be couple of hours, i would do a build first if i was you if it aint broke why fix it

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    I don't think they look too bad to be honest. Have you tried building it yet? If you drill it out too much you will end up with constant flooding.

Totally missed this post sorry chrome.
    Gonna do a build when d chislers gone to bed.its just that every vid ive looked at the channells look deeper. but thats not to say they werent modded for thicker juices...

Anyhow ill know in a few hours if it needs to be done.
    Cheers

• Advertisement

So ive done two builds on this.

First was 1.5ohm cotton micro. Flavour and vapour were great.then after a bit i started geyting a kinda manky lil bit burny taste. Primed it a bit and got a small bit of flooding(so presumably its wicking?) But still got the manky taste.

I like my coils at 1.8 so ripped it out and tryed again. There was a tiny bit discolouring on the wick.

Next om came at 1.9ohm and first hit i got that same manky taste.coil was satturated before filling so it shouldnt be a dry hit.
    Would it just be a breaking in taste im getting. I boiled it twice before use.
    Also im getting a severe dose of nic from it(i think) getting shakes n a pain in me brain after taking a few pulls but not much TH. 18mg

edit.. after a bit of chain vaping and a sick stomach some hits are full of flavour and others have that bad taste.has to be a wicking issue.
    I can see small air bubbles rising in the tank so its wcking somewhat. I think ill just file out a small bit and see if it improves.

Gonna have to lower my nic if i wanna use this

So ive done two builds on this.

First was 1.5ohm cotton micro. Flavour and vapour were great.then after a bit i started geyting a kinda manky lil bit burny taste. Primed it a bit and got a small bit of flooding(so presumably its wicking?) But still got the manky taste.

I like my coils at 1.8 so ripped it out and tryed again. There was a tiny bit discolouring on the wick.

Next om came at 1.9ohm and first hit i got that same manky taste.coil was satturated before filling so it shouldnt be a dry hit.
    Would it just be a breaking in taste im getting. I boiled it twice before use.
    Also im getting a severe dose of nic from it(i think) getting shakes n a pain in me brain after taking a few pulls but not much TH. 18mg

Not sure if this pic will help but here you go , i can tell ya they look no deeper than yours mine are the depth of a 5 cent coin give or take a hair
    CAM00485.jpg

the cotton will discolour thats normal , when you make a coil before you put in the cotton fire you device several times for a second or two each , this will burn any crap off the coil.

Did you clean the kayfun prior to use ? could be a film of machine oil giving the funky taste

And also the first few hits with any new wick may take a bit odd, i never bother to boil my cotton to be honest .

Regarding the nic buzz yeah it is intense with the kayfun you may need to use lower nic juice but you would also get use to it fast,

lastly do you know how to fill the kayfun properly it can be leakey if you dont but once you get it right its great

Ive eddited my last post.

Thanks for the pic and from what i can make out they look deeper than mine. And my build looks exactly like yours.

Ye i can fill it grand looked at some vids on the tube.

Ill try again tomoro but im prepping meself for some modding.

Thanks for the help pal

no probs hope you get it sorted

Just one more thing mason
    Did you zoom in my second pic looking down the chimney..
    Does the gap look small or about right. The only other thing is that where the top n bottom chanmells meet its like a bottle kneck.thier not the same size.the top one starts skinny at that point(narrower than the bottom one) and then comes up to size at the top.
    This is my first port of call if i have to file a bit

just to add from the angel of my pic they looker deep but when you look straight on not so much , the 5 cent coin is a good guide and just a little thicker than my channels , just saw ur post one sec i will check

WHEN i look down my chimney as in your second pic i would say the gap inside my chimney is no more than 1mm ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I boiled it twice before use.

I vape 11mg and when I switched to kayfun, the 11mg feels like 18mg. It says somewhere on they kayfun blurb that 11mg is the recommended max. I'm now contemplating dropping to 6mgs. Kayfun certainly packs a wallop.

Done some web image searching today and every pic of kayfun channels were differant than mine. It was like the bottom channels were milled further in meaning where the two met there was a bigger gap for juice to flow from one imto the other.
    on mine it was like the milling stopped just short of where it was meant to stop giving me a smaller gap where the two met.
    Out with me dremel...

I only filed a tiny bit(tolorances are so fckn small here) right im where the two meet.needed an app on me phone to get close up views. At first i thought i could have fecked it up coz it wasnt the tidyest of filing being so so small an area to work at(plus an aldi dremel) so i took a chance of wicking it and having a vape.

Two hours later and shes chugging away big time \○/ yay me!

No dry or burnt hits yet. Flavour is powerfull vapour is thicker.

I didnt take an after mod pic but i have a close up of before showing where i think i was left short
    So as it stands it seems to be sorted

Zoom im on middle pic.seems to show what im om about better

http://i41.tinypic.com/v8iogo.jpg

This is the pic i based my assumptions on.

Cool.just learnt to copy n paste on my fone. Im so with technology

• Advertisement

Glad you got it workin

Advertisement