Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating externally with Geography and Ag

• 07-05-2014 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So I had my LCVP exam today and I feel it went disastrous.

I'm now extremely worried about that I wont get the points I need.

I'm just basically asking is it possible to repeat subjects like Geography and Agricultural Science that have projects outside school if I go to grinds with a teacher every so often so that they can look at my project?

I am sort of beginning to accept the possibility of having to repeat but I will never go back to school to do it.

Thanks for any replies :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

When you involve projects, it's not as simple as having it looked over by a teacher. You could repeat the Leaving Cert outside of school (wouldn't recommend - only for subjects sat in June), and/or attend a repeat college if you're not inclined to attend the same school for project based subjects. Would you consider a fee paying school outside of Sligo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Hi,

So I had my LCVP exam today and I feel it went disastrous.

I'm now extremely worried about that I wont get the points I need.

I'm just basically asking is it possible to repeat subjects like Geography and Agricultural Science that have projects outside school if I go to grinds with a teacher every so often so that they can look at my project?

I am sort of beginning to accept the possibility of having to repeat but I will never go back to school to do it.

Thanks for any replies :)

For Christ sake you've done one exam (only LCVP) and have one month to prepare for the rest. Why are you thinking about repeating? What kind of points are you looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no way I could afford to go to a fee paying school.

I know I sound a bit OTT about repeating but I just keep imagining that I wont get the points or requirements that I need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

[QUOTE=onethreefive;90283539ol.

I know I sound a bit OTT about repeating but I just keep imagining that I wont get the points or requirements that I need.[/QUOTE]

THIS. stop it now you're ruining it for yourself. This was my exact mental attitude around this time last year, and as you can see, i'm still here repeating. If repeating is even in the back of your mind before sitting your exams, you are losing before you have even begun. Especially since you have thought this through enough to even choose subjects. I didn't have mine set in stone until November this year.

You will still probably achieve a pass-50 points in LCVP, you'd be surprised how leniant the marking scheme is. After doing a bit of a creep at your past posts, it seems that you have such a negative view of yourself. You can do this. I've had friends who got 50 points(failed all but 1) in their mocks, and ended up with 400 with seemingly little work. Its about luck and giving the last few weeks a final push. Just study as much as you can, stop going out, and don't stay up all night.

Please please don't contemplate repeating if you're not 100% dedicated to school. I didn't "mind" the idea of repeating that much, because I had ONE course I knew I wanted and I wasn't going to settle for any less.Honestly though, get this idea out of your head. Theres plenty time for those thoughts after your exams are finished. Rant over, Good luck :o

Advertisement