Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting partitions back together.

Options
  • 07-05-2014 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

I put the old hard drive from my netbook into my desktop. Just as a bit of extra storage. It shows up fine, but it shows as 2 drives. An OS one and a recovery partition. Just wondering how I format it back to a single drive?

Checked in disk Management, but not 100% sure what Im doing. So didnt want to go ahead and do something that might mess things up. Sure its straight forward enough, just never did it before.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

There is also a 3rd partition actually, its only 39MB called OEM partition.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If you're sure there's nothing you want, never going back in the netbook etc, right click each partition, choose Delete Volume. Then right click unallocated space, make a new partition and format it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

segasega wrote: »
    I put the old hard drive from my netbook into my desktop. Just as a bit of extra storage. It shows up fine, but it shows as 2 drives. An OS one and a recovery partition. Just wondering how I format it back to a single drive?

Checked in disk Management, but not 100% sure what Im doing. So didnt want to go ahead and do something that might mess things up. Sure its straight forward enough, just never did it before.

Thanks.

There is a few (free) things out there to make it easier - with any of them double check you are adjusting the right disk

http://www.partition-tool.com

is one of them - tis grand

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

Perfect, thanks.

Advertisement