Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry lining recommendations?

Options
  • 07-05-2014 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭

Got nice contacts for replacement windows guys - now I'm in need of a company or person to dry-line a room, with internal insulation etc.

Recommendations?

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I know someone who does this who is out of work at the moment worked for a big firm in Waterford. If your still interested let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pump101

I would highly recommend gerry byrne building contractor. Seach gerry byrne building and home services.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

Make sure you know what you are looking for before you employ someone to dry-line your walls. Dry-lining is only masking a problem and over time can create bigger problems. Are you trying to correct moisture ingress into the property or lack of insulation?

One way or they other you cannot look at any of them in isolation, as they all impact each other. So if you are talking to a contractor he will have to look at moisture movement, insulation and more importantly ventilation...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Yea I know that, but thanks for the advice.

It's insulation that's the primary concern, in an old house without cavity walls and precious little insulation at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

Yea I know that, but thanks for the advice.

It's insulation that's the primary concern, in an old house without cavity walls and precious little insulation at present.

Applying insulation to the inside face of the external wall will draw moisture closer to the internal face of the wall, if it don't have a cavity. Therefore you will have to include some form of ventilation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement