Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bar for Small Party

Options
  • 07-05-2014 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

Myself and my o/h are planning on having a small gathering of friends for celebratory drinks as we recently got engaged so Im looking for recommendations of possible venues around Dublin City Centre.

Age ranges will be late 20's to 40's so somewhere not too loud is in order. We have tried the Duke (already booked out the weekend in question) and The Bank (they would only reserve an area if we ordered a platter for 10 people at a cost of €100).

We will likely order a platter or 2 aswell so somewhere with a food option would be helpful too.

Help me dear Boardsies, help meeeeeeeeeeeee!

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Ahoy, I own the Thomas House on Thomas Street. How many people are you thinking will attend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

I've recommended it in a few of these threads, but a friend used http://findavenue.ie/ - it's free and she found it really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The Baggot Inn are doing a whole load of offers, free platters and free drinks for party bookings. Worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

Against the Grain if everyone can handle that it's a craft beer bar.

or upstairs in the Gingerman?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Had something similar in the Upstairs of the Clarendon Bar near Grafton Street just before Christmas. Only had to pay for a few platters, no cost to hire the space. Would recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

bombidol wrote: »
    Ahoy, I own the Thomas House on Thomas Street. How many people are you thinking will attend?

Nice one! Ive been in your place a couple of times actually, Im a fan myself but I think the people that will be attending may not be overly comfortable there!
    :pac:
    YumCha wrote: »
    I've recommended it in a few of these threads, but a friend used http://findavenue.ie/ - it's free and she found it really good.

Coolio, may give her a shot.
    athtrasna wrote: »
    The Baggot Inn are doing a whole load of offers, free platters and free drinks for party bookings. Worth checking out

Baggot Inn Im not overly keen on. Size wise, layout etc its perfect but in my experience the bar staff can be quite dickish and the music is very loud for what we are after. The joys of getting old!
    IRcolm wrote: »
    Against the Grain if everyone can handle that it's a craft beer bar.

or upstairs in the Gingerman?

Not been to either but I will check them out, thanks.
    Had something similar in the Upstairs of the Clarendon Bar near Grafton Street just before Christmas. Only had to pay for a few platters, no cost to hire the space. Would recommend them.

Sweet, will check them out too.

Thanks for the suggestions folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Had a party in Dakota.
    Free to rent out the area and only had to pay for the platters which were 50 euro each. It was a great venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

You could try the Bull and Castle they do nice food and have a decent range of beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Toners, Baggot Street, have a nice little room upstairs with its own bar. Have used it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Nealons capel st (bridge end) have a smashing room upstairs. Holds 70 comfortable, food option made by soup dragon next door, room free and looks out over Capel st....

Had a party there recently and everyone commented on how nice the room and venue were.

PM me if you need more details or phone number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

Donoghues on Merrion Row have a lovely little room upstairs at the back. A friend had a party there last year, and it was a perfect size. They let us bring in our own decorations and also our own cake, and some food etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Thanks for all the suggestions folks.

I booked the Clarendon this morning. For the profile of the people going, coupled with location it seems to be the best bet.

They also do platters starting from €50 for ten people so that swayed me.

I appreciate the input from everyone, once again Boards helps me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Thanks for all the suggestions folks.

I booked the Clarendon this morning. For the profile of the people going, coupled with location it seems to be the best bet.

They also do platters starting from €50 for ten people so that swayed me.

I appreciate the input from everyone, once again Boards helps me out!

Good choice, was about to recommend the Clarendon when I saw the thread title. Nice size, nice bar and great location. Only bad if you smoke for the trek down the stairs!
    I used it twice, brought our own music on an mp3 player. Can't remember if it has speakers or if we brought our own.

Advertisement