Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Test automation for IE browsers

Options
  • 07-05-2014 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi

I am a software tester for a company. Currently we have in place an automation system which uses rspec and capybara and can be run against multiple browsers . We all have macs which makes testing IE difficult.

I could spin up some virtual machines but I want to be able to run the automation against multiple versions of IE (8, 9 10, 11) and as far as I know you can only have 1 version installed per machine so this would mean having 4 virtual machines for the different IE versions which is troublesome to maintain.

Anybody got a suggestion of a strategy I could use to enable me to run our tests against IE? I would like to ditch IE completely but unfortunately some of our customers use it. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Hi

I am a software tester for a company. Currently we have in place an automation system which uses rspec and capybara and can be run against multiple browsers . We all have macs which makes testing IE difficult.

I could spin up some virtual machines but I want to be able to run the automation against multiple versions of IE (8, 9 10, 11) and as far as I know you can only have 1 version installed per machine so this would mean having 4 virtual machines for the different IE versions which is troublesome to maintain.

Anybody got a suggestion of a strategy I could use to enable me to run our tests against IE? I would like to ditch IE completely but unfortunately some of our customers use it. :mad:

Its a real pain. Microsoft has multiple VMs with the various IE environments available for free:

http://www.modern.ie/en-us/virtualization-tools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Try IETester. I've found it quite good but not quite sure if it's bulletproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 koti421

Try spoon.net/browsers
    You don't need any virtual machine. It has different versions you can test on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 koti421

One more site is saucelabs.com to test on different browsers.

Advertisement