Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer clothing

• 07-05-2014 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Relative newbie here coming into my first summer on the bike, finding I'm over heating a bit in my Wintercoat(lining removed) and over trousers. Just wondering what you lads wear in summer? I mainly commute. I'm thinking of just going out in my jeans but would really like a bit of leg protection.

Also considering an armoured shirt, like this - http://www.motorcycleshop.ie/knox-venture-shirt-1585-p.asp

To wear under a light high vis jacket. Are they, or similar any use?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chippy01

Bike gear is a personal balance between safety and comfort, and any possible replies will refect this.

Over the years, I have found that (for me) Cordura or similar works best in the winter. Keep the lining in for cold days, and remove it for the warmer ones.
    When the summer does arrive (eventually), I find leather jeans and jacket works best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

StaggerLee wrote: »
    Hi All,

Relative newbie here coming into my first summer on the bike, finding I'm over heating a bit in my Wintercoat(lining removed) and over trousers. Just wondering what you lads wear in summer? I mainly commute. I'm thinking of just going out in my jeans but would really like a bit of leg protection.

Also considering an armoured shirt, like this - http://www.motorcycleshop.ie/knox-venture-shirt-1585-p.asp

To wear under a light high vis jacket. Are they, or similar any use?
    Thanks

You can get armoured jeans from a lot of manufacturers, just make sure that the kevlar goes down past the knee's, much safer than standard jeans.

The body armour has no abrasion protection, you'll need to get something which protects your skin aswell as bones.

You can get summer riding gear which has full protection, but costs a bit. There are also some jackets and trousers which have loads of ventilation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Pedro K

On warm days I'll normally wear kevlar jeans and my textile jacket with the lining out.

The jacket is a Richa Airmach and it's very well ventilated. I'd recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

this wont be of any help to you unfortunately but I'm actually an odd fish when it comes to this.. I have a summer jacket and summer bottoms I wear all year round, that way when its cold I can layer up, and when its warm, I can just wear the jacket and bottoms.. sounds backwards for a country like ours but its done me well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

This is what I wear:

101812-music-wyclef-speedo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Cienciano wrote: »
    This is what I wear:

101812-music-wyclef-speedo.jpg

Nice Ducati budgie smugglers too m8 :pac:

Advertisement