Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post redundancy question

Options
  • 07-05-2014 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I was made redundant a while ago, got paid statutory and a small gratuity.

Recently an issue I once solved has resurfaced and they now are trying to contact me to solve the problem again!

Should I

a, tell them the solution over the phone (for free).
    b, tell them where/who else can solve their problem.
    c, tell them have the cash ready, then I'll fix it.

Or has anyone a better idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I'd be saying bring me on as a consultant and I'll have no problem fixing your problem for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Is this a 5 min conversation? If so, I'd do it - once. It's up to them to document your fix, so that they avoid the problem next time.

If they don't document it, and ring you again, I'd seriously consider charging them....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

bee06 wrote: »
    I'd be saying bring me on as a consultant and I'll have no problem fixing your problem for you.

I'd agree with this one..
    This company decided for whatever reason that they didn't need your skills... but as it turns out they do !!

I don't see any reason at all why they wouldn't expect to pay going rates for your services.

Advertisement