Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Politician's reaction to tearing up of leaflet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

Why didn't he do something useful and just pick up the bits of the leaflet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

slowharry wrote: »

Hope he faces lots more torn up leaflets. What a d1ckhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DeeJunFan

So far only 2 independents have even bothered to knock our door. The rest have just put stuff through the letter box.

They would get a warm welcome and no mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Despite a 'no junk mail' on the letter box it is still being stuffed with worthless leaflets from the local and european candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Is there some reason she did not just ask the man to leave?
    slowharry wrote: »

the council spends enough money picking crap up after people who can't tidy up after themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

the council spends enough money picking crap up after people who can't tidy up after themselves.
    Was he canvassing on Council paid time ?
    Is that allowed ?

It definitely wasn't his finest hour there. A few bad decisions one after another.

Fining someone for ripping up an election leaflet probably isn't beneficial to anyone, and demonstrates a real disconnection from the electorate imo.

Most people don't want that crap shoved through their doors and into letterboxes.
    But many of the same people wouldn't actually bother their ar5es to go and cast a vote anyway.

If a fine were to be introduced, it should be for failing to cast a vote.
    Then the duty is back on people to inform themselves, and make a decision, ( or just vote for the usual gombalooks) but either way it would help cut down on the amount of wasteful sh1te election posters, leaflets and stickers that contaminate our public spaces.

It has been suggested somewhere that it should be a single website, equal space, format and text to all candidates. A set amount of air time on television and radio, and after that, it is up to them to promote their own campaign without any election signage or leaflet drops. What does a leaflet drop actually accomplish ?

(Some marketing type ar5eholes will argue that it generates awareness and familiarity with the candidate, while communicating key points about their manifesto and motivations. I strongly disagree. I personally find it wasteful, offensive and cowardly) If you want to share your opinion, talk to me. If you want mine, ask me, or wait to receive it in written format. Don't dump a load of ****ty unnecessary paper in my door. Don't put a big picture of your leering mug on everything that can't move out of the way fast enough, and sure as fcuk don't try and fine me because I throw your litter back at you.

But that's just my opinion;)

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

I think it's safe to say Gerry Sheridan won't be getting elected again, what a muppet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

That is going to cost him dearly.

How can the litter warden know its the same leaflet a day later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Wonder if her fellow residents did make the complaint though.

I didn't hear it myself, but apparently she was on the radio yesterday too complaining that the candidate had never done anything for her.

Advertisement