Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a lot of trapped wind..

Options
  • 07-05-2014 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭

Only started today - getting trapped wind - stomach pains - tight chested! Is it part of the detox your body goes through? I haven't touched a smoke since about 4pm today so it's been a while I'm just wondering if it's my lungs clearing out that's causing the tight chest? And am I doing something wrong with the wind or is that normal?? Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Yeah, happened to me too when I first started. Invest in a packet of Rennies in the morning. I think it's probably a reaction either to the new sensation or the lack of (insert chemical here) that your body's used to getting from the smokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

P_1 wrote: »
    Yeah, happened to me too when I first started. Invest in a packet of Rennies in the morning. I think it's probably a reaction either to the new sensation or the lack of (insert chemical here) that your body's used to getting from the smokes.

Nice one. So I'll stop?

Nice one. So I'll stop?

Plough on through if you ask me, that's what I did, it'll pass (if you pardon the pun) in a day or so

P_1 wrote: »
    Plough on through if you ask me, that's what I did, it'll pass (if you pardon the pun) in a day or so

Bloody iPad.. Meant it'll stop haha. Ah sure a few days of bad wind is better than the latter, did you get any tightness of the chest?

Bloody iPad.. Meant it'll stop haha. Ah sure a few days of bad wind is better than the latter, did you get any tightness of the chest?

Not that I can remember but different folk have different reactions when they make the switch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

GrayFox208 wrote: »

I got that tightness in my chess when I started vaping, it was pretty harsh for a while but it wasn't long going away.

54kroc wrote: »
    I got that tightness in my chess when I started vaping, it was pretty harsh for a while but it wasn't long going away.

Read up on NHS and HSE's website, and it's my lungs contracting harder to push out the tar and mucus (disgusting but anyway) I've stopped smoking tobacco completely! Over 29 hours and counting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Read up on NHS and HSE's website, and it's my lungs contracting harder to push out the tar and mucus (disgusting but anyway) I've stopped smoking tobacco completely! Over 29 hours and counting :D

Have you a link to that greyfox please

masonchat wrote: »
    Have you a link to that greyfox please

Yeah mate, I'll get it now

http://www.achoice2live.com/quit-smoking-quick-reference-guides/quit-smoking-side-effects-timeline/

Couldn't find the NHS one but that one has the same info.. Better detailed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I've always been a big farter (discretely of course and I join the smokers outdoors so as not to force anyone to inhale my fumes).

I can't say that I noticed an upsurge in windiness when I switched to vaping...or should I say downsurge in windiness??

Calibos wrote: »
    I've always been a big farter (discretely of course and I join the smokers outdoors so as not to force anyone to inhale my fumes).

I can't say that I noticed an upsurge in windiness when I switched to vaping...or should I say downsurge in windiness??

Some will some wont. Can also depend on your e-juice. My vendor mentioned (without me even asking) certain flavours can give you indigestion, and there's certain ones he can't use because of that. I've had other digestive problems, acid reflux and such before so could be why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

My vendor mentioned (without me even asking) certain flavours can give you indigestion, and there's certain ones he can't use because of that. I've had other digestive problems, acid reflux and such before so could be why
    This is the reason why I have given up vaping, crippling indigestion & heartburn.

Quit vaping 3 weeks ago & no re-occurrence...

I am tobacco free 6 months :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Some will some wont. Can also depend on your e-juice. My vendor mentioned (without me even asking) certain flavours can give you indigestion, and there's certain ones he can't use because of that. I've had other digestive problems, acid reflux and such before so could be why

Coconut seems to be my Achilles heel, mixed (in equal parts) with other flavours it doesn't seem to cause any problems for me. I rarely get indigestion in general.

Can be frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

MonstaMash wrote: »
    This is the reason why I have given up vaping, crippling indigestion & heartburn.

Hi MM, you gave up vaping, did you go back on the cigarettes or quit altogether? Just wondering how difficult or easy it is to quit vaping...

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Hi MM, you gave up vaping, did you go back on the cigarettes or quit altogether? Just wondering how difficult or easy it is to quit vaping...
    i am tobacco free 6 months :D

I think thats the answer

EDIT with vaping you can decrease nicotine strength in e-juice till you get to nicotine free, then tackle the habit of using the juices, essentially dealing one problem at a time... Quitting cigarettes, you tackle both at once, making it difficult for you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

The only stomach related issue i had after taking up vaping was the hiccups, to this day if I vape within a half an hour after finishing a meal I will get them. Very bloody annoying, but then a post food vape is no where near as satisfactory as a post food smoke so I can live without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

MonstaMash wrote: »

Have you got any more gear to flog?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Calibos wrote: »

While I understand your consideration for others, I don't see why only smokers should have to put up with your smelly arse. ;)

• Advertisement

Sure their smell is Shute from the fags anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Yeah I got this really bad when I started vaping, especially when I went to juice with higher vegetable...

Oh, trapped wind. No, never a problem for me.

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Vaping & tobacco free, not finding it difficult to be honest, thought it might be a problem when having a few pints, but plain sailing so far ;)

Have you got any more gear to flog?
    No more gear, but I have a lot of mixing supplies etc.

I'll get a list together, you're more than welcome to any of it you would like, gratis to you Fred ;)

Advertisement