Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just moved to perth

Options
  • 08-05-2014 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi. I've just moved to Perth. Staying with a friend at the moment but she us leaving for home in June. Just looking to make some new friends and drinking buddies. Also for some friends fir a house share and to maybe get advice from. I really have no plans and am open to the new experience moving to a new city brings. I'd love some feed back... And some pals!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

kathyf wrote: »
    Hi. I've just moved to Perth. Staying with a friend at the moment but she us leaving for home in June. Just looking to make some new friends and drinking buddies. Also for some friends fir a house share and to maybe get advice from. I really have no plans and am open to the new experience moving to a new city brings. I'd love some feed back... And some pals!

Whereabouts are you staying?
    As for drinking buddies I would suggest you branch out and avoid the Irish bars. The Garden in Leederville is where I have gone a few times recently, it's a nice spot.

If you plan on getting your own place it's expensive and you'll need to get furniture too as the vast majority of accom is unfurnished.

I've rented a room for the last 2 years and I found them on easyroommate.com.au

As for mates, once you start working you'll fall in with a crowd pretty quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭amg-slurp

Work is the best way to make mates, but its a pretty friendly city so it happens randomely too ive found.

Im here since november, living in Maylands.

Give me a Pm if you want, i had some house issues but all sorted now so maybe can give u some pointers too! Alan

Advertisement