Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB visa debit card scammed online

Options
  • 08-05-2014 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭

A friend called me this evening re his daughter who made online USA clothing purchases recently to the value of approx €240. Shortly after scammed for €600 through 2 USA transactions. They sent her out paperwork with instructions to complete and inform Garda. Will she get refunded ....?

1. Definitely
    2. Maybe
    3. No chance

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

if the bank flagged it and called the customer then I think there is a good chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭dodzy

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    if the bank flagged it and called the customer then I think there is a good chance.
    Yes, they did. Transactions occurred across the pond when typically we would have been deep in slumberland, so I guess that's what initially flagged it. So wmp, is that a gut feeling you have ? Anything definitive or is this kind of issue or is it a typically grey area ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No one here can guarantee anything, but in my experience it's likely to be refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Not a ptsb debit card but my ptsb credit card was compromised late last year, they sent me out a form to be filled it by me & signed by local garda & was refunded within a week or two & new card issued

Sisters ptsb debit card was compromised last year, slightly longer wait for her, 5 to 7 weeks before refund

I'd be happy enough to think that you would be refunded

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭dodzy

Thank you all for the info guys. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement