Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depression among young people

Options
  • 08-05-2014 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭

Depression among young people is probably the largest issue in society. From personal experince, I would say it affects or has at one point affected well over half of people doing the junior cert, leaving cert and in primary school.

It is a well publicized problem, but the solutions are not. I see the sheer amount of people who have cut themselves, turned quiet and drawn back and thought about sucide.

What good is putting people through secondry schools if they are going to be depressed or even kill themselves. Depression is an issue that causes your self sufficenty to drop dramatically. Some people turn to learning to help, although not the completly idle.solution it is far better than alot of other people who draw back, and black out life.

People think cutting themselves causes them to forget other problems, and it may

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

*continuted* work, but the consequences of doing that is far worse than withstanding the pain. I have never done so even in my darkest hour, where i found myself about to run out onto a road.
    I dont want a hideous scar or infection on

(Continuted again!!!!) My arm, because they are not nice to look at. But as bad as they may be, not even the sickest people hold these scars against you, it may even be their fault. No matter how ugly you "think" you are, why make it worse?

What help is out their for me if im depressed. I could sure look it up, but with exams and i may not always have the avalibility to. Another is I was once in denial that i was depressed. That was the worst of my experinces. If you do not regionise the problem, how will you fix it?
    I felt horrible for a while recently, but I am too embarrassed to seek help. Life is not always about if she has had a shower, or he got certin underwear ( this happens!) Or where they are from or even what they did. Its hard to write this.

People may not seem depressed, but they might be. They could be tryinh to "fit in" with the hope he will be thought of as cool. Even "cool kids" get ****. Alot of it. I have been on both sides.

The guards may seem a solution, but the embarrasment is not worth it for me. Imagne.if i got dese people arrested, my family would pity me. People would look down on me! If your un-popular its tough because you may be subject to extream bullying and i am certainly not denying it. But being cool, constantitly in trouble, that horrible stiff feeling when trying not to get caught, the constant comments that people give you, the constant reminder of you mistakes! Its non stop. You may think its stupid, but is the cool kid really the happiest? The " cool kid" may want to.go to collage, he may want a proper job not to be some old man drinking everynight with the same people.
    Whenever you do somthing your bad at, lots of people bring up this thing that happened you. Everyone notices you!
    Oh look, you asked a question, NERD!!
    You picked up a schoolbag for sumone. YOU LIKE THEM.
    You say a sentence.wrong. GAY BOY.

Its a serious problem for Everyone. A soultion sometimed used is.to bully others. Insult people which in.turn may gang up and hit you in the face ( literally).

It is a horrible subject and depressed people.may move.the topic to somthing else, which dosnt work.

If i was.to say anything is dont cut yourself.

It may work, but for how long?
    After its "magic" has worn off think.of tje effects.
    Would you drink acid, that stops all pain, but in turn rots all your bones? (Horrible example but has a point).

Teachers are not helping. Ill tell you that straight off. Sure they dont know whats happening, but it is likely that there is somebody depressed in the room. If im up all night thinkin about the threats i got, i wont get much sleep. Then if i have maths first thing and i forgot my book i now have detention, only adding to my depression and getting me in trouble at home and in school.
    Sure, we are told that if we told them what was happening they would consider the circumstances, but I would not have to courage to do so, like many. Its not exactly easy to fond the right time either especially if your bullies or "friends" are watching you.

We had people.in recently, talking about this. He was great, until this supervisor came in and stared warningly at people who moved and talked angrilly to people talking this in turn made people angry , so new and old information starts to leek at a fast pace out of the head. I dont remember what he talked about.

I had to venture these points as I was finding it hard to sleep. Sometimes you need to get things off your chest, all the better when its anoymaus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement