Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT grangegorman

Options
  • 08-05-2014 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys,
    I'll be doing fine art in DIT grangegorman next year but I'm struggling to find accommodation. I know there isn't that many course moved to grangegorman for September. I don't want to go as far north as DCU and I also didn't get a place in broadstone (even though my names been on the waiting list since January).
    Does anyone know any good student accommodation near grangegorman/city centre? Or is anybody in the same situation and would consider getting a house with other first year students too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gojony

You could try the North Circular Road. Houses on NCR can have a lot of flats within them. I stayed in a basement flat near Phoenix Park that had 2 double bedrooms at €800 pm though this was 4 years ago. Above the basement flat was a 4 bedroom house and rent was similar price per person. These were occupied by students too at the time. You could try further out on the Cabra road or so too. Another option is finding somewhere near Bolton St which would be sort of half way between City centre and Grangegorman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 _Billieee

I'm in the same boat - photography in DIT is my first choice and there's absolutely nothing online in regard to Grangegorman and accommodation! Although it does say that Grangegorman campus will have onsite accommodation but I imagine it'd be cheaper to just get an apartment/house with other students.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

Phibsboro, Stoneybatter, NCR, Smithfield all seem quite close to the planned new DIT campus - i dont know what courses are going on in grangegorman and when or when they will have student accommodation available themselves but it seems to be convenient to bed-sit land around that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 carlbyrne

im in the same boat, photography in granggorman and looking in the area, very hard to find anything habitable

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

Ring the main phone number for the DIT 402300 and ask to be put through to the accommodation officers, they will help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

or call them direct on 01 402 3394

have a look at the dit accomodation webpage and also try DITSU

Advertisement