Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs Questions

• 08-05-2014 3:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hello ladies and gents, my apologies if this is in the wrong place.
    So a girl asked me to her debs which is on around mid July. The problem? i haven't a frigging clue what I'm doing! Tux and corsage are a given I know that much, but do I pick her up at her place? do I get her mother something? If so, what do I get? Do certain parts of the tux have to match her dress?
    Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

There's a simple solution to all debs worries for guys - ask the girl what you should wear, when to collect, what to be collected in, where to stand etc, etc,

Works without fail every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Corsage will be to match her dress so ask her. Her family will probably arrange a little gathering with pics before you head off so you will prob have to be there for that. If you're wearing a tux no need to match her dress but if wearing a suit the tie should match her dress colour.

Get the mammy something, flowers/chocolates/yankee candle. Doesn't have to be big/expensive. As the mammy of a girl, if her date bought me a gift no matter how small I would really appreciate it, and it would earn him serious brownie points with the family in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jdosull101093

Thank you both, this really helps :)

Advertisement