Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Joseph's National School, Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 08-05-2014 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

We've just moved to the area and are trying to find a place in junior infants for my daughter, St. Joseph's is the only one with places available.

Does anybody have kids there, or have any experience of the school?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

My kids went to the Montessori there but didn't stay on for Jnr Infants.

It's a pleasant enough atmosphere & teachers are friendly.
    Pretty sure it's classified as a disadvantaged school so the kids get some kind of free lunch & milk.

Wouldn't be the most popular primary school in the area & tends to get a lot of people like yourself who are new to the area as they always have space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Have you tried the Harold in Glasthule OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

Thanks for the info frash, pretty much sums up what I've been told about it.

@Fratton Fred, we've tried Harold, and every other school in the area, none are accepting new applications and all have a waiting list, I just don't know what we're going to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Lynfo, you could try Scoil Phádraig in Ballybrack if you Drive, it's only 5 mins from the Noggin and I've never heard of anyone being refused a place there. Bear in mind though, it's a Gaelscoil

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

That's mad Ted!

We have a thread that hasn't been active for over three years, about a school that is not getting (shall we say) glowing recommendations.

All of a sudden, a first time poster resurrects the thread to seek school recommendations and in the following 25 minutes, two other first time posters emerge from the woodwork to recommend the same school - the subject of the thread. All three posters have registered on boards just this month.

Nice try guys (principal and VP?) but pretty transparent advertising.

• Advertisement
Advertisement